You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Colour clashes

ratcatcher

Does anyone know why we played in the euro kit yesterday?

Really is a bit silly.

The fact that we had to change our shorts too. Now Id like it if someone could correct me if Im wrong, but I thought changing the kits was so that the referee can tell the difference between the two teams. Now surely he can tell the difference by the fact 10 guys were wearing white shirts, and 10 were wearing pink.

I remember United wearing black shorts and white socks quite often with their home top because of a clash, but that doesn't seem to happen so much now.

Maybe that's because they just wear the away kits more often.

I remember United wearing black shorts and white socks quite often with their home top because of a clash, but that doesn't seem to happen so much now.

Maybe that's because they just wear the away kits more often.

Leeds? Newcastle? Sheffield?

The mancs is what they're called in my house.

Does anyone know why we played in the euro kit yesterday?

Really is a bit silly.

The fact that we had to change our shorts too. Now Id like it if someone could correct me if Im wrong, but I thought changing the kits was so that the referee can tell the difference between the two teams. Now surely he can tell the difference by the fact 10 guys were wearing white shirts, and 10 were wearing pink.

i think we played in the euro kit because after the champs league draw they realised we might actually never have to wear it, bit sly on all the people who bought it i suppose, shit having three kits anyway i reckon

and on the colour thing, why do we always wear white socks at pompey instead of throwing the away kit on, hate that white socks with the home kit

i think we played in the euro kit because after the champs league draw they realised we might actually never have to wear it, bit sly on all the people who bought it i suppose, shit having three kits anyway i reckon

and on the colour thing, why do we always wear white socks at pompey instead of throwing the away kit on, hate that white socks with the home kit

For point 1, we'll need to wear white away to Debrecen since they wear red at home. We'll also need it away to Fiorentina since both the red and charcoal kits won't contrast enough with Fiorentina's purple. Also, Lyon are wearing their Euro kit both home and away (if possible), so it's possible we'll be wearing either our home kit or the white kit when we play them away. We'll also likely use the white kit away to both Burnley and Villa. Put simply, it will be used far more than last year's green kit.

For point 2, we did wear our away kit when we played at Fratton Park twice in 2003/04. We fucked up in both matches. Since then, I think we've beaten them every year except in 2007 when we put our reserve team out. Last year Pompey wore all blue so we didn't need to change socks.