You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Well that's that I'm done with the Jets. I refuse to support a team that think a DUI should be punished with a benching and are more worried about winning games than doing what is right first and foremost.

It was a great 6 year ride regardless of lack of success and ironically this is the best talent wise we've probably ever been but there's no way I'm supporting an organisation that do nothing but flap their gums about how courageous they are when they don't have the guts to do what's right when it matters most.

It's been emotional.

although i admire your ethical/moral stance, unfortunately almost every team in the NFL is willing to overlook personal conduct issues when it is a star player at stake.

i think even the steelers would have let big ben ride out the whole rape thing, except for the fact even his immense talent can't mask what an incredible sleezeball he really is.

although i admire your ethical/moral stance, unfortunately almost every team in the NFL is willing to overlook personal conduct issues when it is a star player at stake.

i think even the steelers would have let big ben ride out the whole rape thing, except for the fact even his immense talent can't mask what an incredible sleezeball he really is.

I may be wrong but Green Bay are coming across as the classiest organisation about. A poll from Sports Illustrated backs this up with them being voted exactly that by a cross section of over 300 players.

There's a lot to like about them and they seem to really be a true community team that I could never see making such a bad decision. I'll keep reading up and asking round but looks like that could be the way to go.

I know where you are coming from though, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't at least try and stand up for what I believe in, does it?

(Bama just spoiled the Hogs chance of an upset probably.... guess who? Yep him again)

I'd just like to say that me drafting the Steelers defense fairly high up has paid dividends so far, I Knew they'd rule.

Also signed Green-Ellis, the Pats rookie RB after missing out on Reggie Bush, put him today against Odris' hapless Bills and he's scored 13 too. Good times.

I like that you like the Steelers.

I also like the fact Mike Wallace is tearing shut up as I predicted.

Legend.

Well, my Crippler's are currently about 50 points down to Clems Clams, but I am totally confident that we will pull it back and remain undefeated.

The trade from earlier this week, (Jerome Harrison out, for Peyton Hillis in), worked out well. Harrision injured and out, Hillis racked up 25 fantasy points. Shame I left the cunt on the bench mind...

I'm always quite high on the Steelers from the Bill Cowher days, and with Troy back I figured that they'd be defensively solid again. Well pleased.

When you've got linebackers like Woodley, Farrior and Harrison it gives you confidence in the Steel curtain!

Even though Farrior is nearing the end of his illustrious career.

He's still awesome though.

Going into Monday nights game, my Crippler's are still 8 points down to Clem's Clams.

If Austin Collie hadn't have racked up 30 odd points I would be sweating on it, but with Gould, Jennings and Rodgers all playing Monday it's as good as over.

What would Forsyth have said ? Good game, good game.

some really good games yesterday (although not necessarily the right team won).

san diego sure do play awful at the beginning of the season, but i'm sure they'll come good. i can't remember who #41 is on kick coverage, but he'll be cut this morning.

some downtrodden teams are playing pretty fierce as well - miami, kansas, st.louis.

cowboys stepped up - thank goodness.

as for this NFL fantasy league, i would have thought with all the bells and whistles, the computer would have been smart enough to replace the kicker i waived for the new one automatically (forgot to slot him in myself).

btw, my entire bench with the exception of kyle orton (i need him to start this week) is up for sale. i'm also shopping sproles from this weeks lineup.

i'd like a decent running back in exchange. i'm willing to pull a mike ditka to get one.

for sale

1.) tood heap

2.) jonathan stewart

3.) jordan shipley

4.) joshua cribbs

5.) lawrence mulroney

6.) darren sproles