You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ressies start pre-season with comfortable win

Allan

From the offal:

Goals from Vincent Weijl, Gerardo Bruna, Nathan Eccleston and Ryan Crowther saw a John McMahon managed Liverpool XI beat Aberystwyth Town 4-1 in a friendly encounter on Saturday.

The game, which saw McMahon take charge of the team for the first time since replacing Gary Ablett, was played as part the Welsh club's 125th Anniversary season.

Five of last season's Academy based FA Youth Cup final team were included in McMahon's starting line-up with Lauri Dalle Valle, David Amoo, Eccleston, Christopher Buchtmann and Andre Wisdom all in action.

Finnish ace Dalle Valle picked up a knock and had to leave the field after 35 minutes.

The Welsh side took the lead from a corner when Liverpool fan Sion James headed home.

Dutch winger Weijl equalised with a superb individual goal when he beat two defenders and produced a venomous finish.

Superb play from Eccleston then led to Gerard Bruna making it 2-1 and Eccleston added a third goal just before the interval.

A whole host of substitutions were made in the second half and Ryan Crowther made it 4-1.

Liverpool XI: Dean Bouzanis (Chris Oldfield 45), Emmanuel Mendy, Christopher Buchtmann (Steven Irwin 45), Robbie Threlfall, Andre Wisdom, Victor Palsson (captain) (Vitor Flora 45), David Amoo (Ryan Crowther 45), Gerard Bruna, Lauri Dalle Valle (Andras Simon 35), Nathan Eccleston (Jordy Brouwer 45), Vincent Weijl.

From the offal:

Goals from Vincent Weijl, Gerardo Bruna, Nathan Eccleston and Ryan Crowther saw a John McMahon managed Liverpool XI beat Aberystwyth Town 4-1 in a friendly encounter on Saturday.

The game, which saw McMahon take charge of the team for the first time since replacing Gary Ablett, was played as part the Welsh club's 125th Anniversary season.

Five of last season's Academy based FA Youth Cup final team were included in McMahon's starting line-up with Lauri Dalle Valle, David Amoo, Eccleston, Christopher Buchtmann and Andre Wisdom all in action.

Finnish ace Dalle Valle picked up a knock and had to leave the field after 35 minutes.

The Welsh side took the lead from a corner when Liverpool fan Sion James headed home.

Dutch winger Weijl equalised with a superb individual goal when he beat two defenders and produced a venomous finish.

Superb play from Eccleston then led to Gerard Bruna making it 2-1 and Eccleston added a third goal just before the interval.

A whole host of substitutions were made in the second half and Ryan Crowther made it 4-1.

Liverpool XI: Dean Bouzanis (Chris Oldfield 45), Emmanuel Mendy, Christopher Buchtmann (Steven Irwin 45), Robbie Threlfall, Andre Wisdom, Victor Palsson (captain) (Vitor Flora 45), David Amoo (Ryan Crowther 45), Gerard Bruna, Lauri Dalle Valle (Andras Simon 35), Nathan Eccleston (Jordy Brouwer 45), Vincent Weijl.

Woohooo Jordy Brouwer is back!!

How good is Eccleston? How good will he become?

Hard to judge how good he is at reserve level just yet. But he was one of the best in the country of his age group (U18's). He does have the attributes needed for a modern day striker; pace, skill, good eye for goal, good with both feet.

Be interesting to see how he will do for the ressies. I think he is a better player than Simon and Flora though.

Ecclesston is above average but it will be hard for him to make it at the very top. He works hard but I think Amoo is a better prospect and the lads ahead of him, Amoo, Dalle Valle, Pacheco and Nemeth would seemingly mean he is unlikely to get anough chances as he deserves. Theres also Brouwer, Flora, Simon and Weijl although I'd say they were behind him in the packing order yet anyone of them could also come good.

Who is this Victor Palsson the captain, is he any good? Surely he hasn't been round long.

Liverpool goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis was subjected to a barrage of abuse by fans during a pre-season friendly.

The Australian under-23 stopper was playing as part of a Reds select XI against Aberystwyth Town to commemorate the Welsh club's 125th anniversary and was targeted by travelling supporters at Park Avenue.

Throughout the warm-up he was verbally abused and a banner was unfurled accusing the 18-year-old of touting tickets.

This relates to an incident in September last year when the Reds youngster allegedly tried to sell a ticket to a supporter for the Merseyside derby for £80 - double face value for entry to the game.

Although Liverpool ran out 4-1 winners, they conceded first which led to more abuse for Bouzanis after he failed to keep out a Sion James header.

He was substituted at half time but the slanging of the Reds keeper continued with one supporter hurling the banner at him as he sat in the dugout alongside his team mates.

No one from Liverpool Football Club was available for comment at time of going to press.

Hmmm, we have some right neanderthals following us. Liverpool players of old have always sold spare tickets. It's almost part of the liverpool way.

He's a tout.

He had it on his facebook page.

Agger should be given abuse as well.

Go kick the shit out of Tommy Smith then.

And a bunch of lads ganging up and throwing shit at a 18 year old kid is the work of cowards.

He's got artritis and is an old man.

Ian St John would give you tickets for fuck all.

He was selling Derby tickets at £80 a pop, then followed up by selling four Madrid tickets at £150 a pop. The little twat deserves everything he gets, especially as even in relative terms this little scrote earns more now than any Liverpool player up to the onset of the Premier League.

He's got artritis and is an old man.

Ian St John would give you tickets for fuck all.

He was selling Derby tickets at £80 a pop, then followed up by selling four Madrid tickets at £150 a pop. The little twat deserves everything he gets, especially as even in relative terms this little scrote earns more now than any Liverpool player up to the onset of the Premier League.

My aren't you the epitome of class and sophistication.

I hope if you ever go somewhere and breach a local custom that the first reaction of the natives is not to attack you.

Hang on, people are defending what Bouzanis did?

I reckon he's good keeper for his age, but he fucking deserves the abuse he gets for being a tout. He's what, 18? And he's probably on a few grand a week, to train for a few hours a day, and play a few reserve/youth matches. Yet he goes and charges fans double, triple or even more the value of these tickets. Fans who help pay his wages. Bet the credit crunch is really affecting him. He has a mortgage to pay, family to feed. Get the fuck outta here! Fucking idiot!

My aren't you the epitome of class and sophistication.

I hope if you ever go somewhere and breach a local custom that the first reaction of the natives is not to attack you.

My aren't you the epitome condescension and arrogance. I would hope that I would be intelligent enough to know that ripping off the natives and being caught would lead to hostility.

Hang on, people are defending what Bouzanis did?

I reckon he's good keeper for his age, but he fucking deserves the abuse he gets for being a tout. He's what, 18? And he's probably on a few grand a week, to train for a few hours a day, and play a few reserve/youth matches. Yet he goes and charges fans double, triple or even more the value of these tickets. Fans who help pay his wages. Bet the credit crunch is really affecting him. He has a mortgage to pay, family to feed. Get the fuck outta here! Fucking idiot!

There's calling him a wanker and then there's hurling shit at him.