You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the fucking truth of it

The sooner the cunt is sold the better

I only want players who want to play for Liverpool FC not Real Madrid or any other club.

The sooner he is gone the better.

I can imagine Red Nick sitting at the dinner table in his villa, with a bottle of whisky, a bottle of parecetamol and this playing at the maximum volume his stereo can take, with tears of rage streaming down his face.

[YOUTUBE]qLgdcGEqgcw[/YOUTUBE]

Is the fucking truth of it

The sooner the cunt is sold the better

I only want players who want to play for Liverpool FC not Real Madrid or any other club.

The sooner he is gone the better.

Red Nick, pictured earlier...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

rednick.jpg

from 365:

Football365.com - BENITEZ SWERVES ALONSO ISSUE - All The News - Football365 News

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has refused to be drawn on the future of midfielder Xabi Alonso but did rule out any potential move for Spain international David Villa.

Alonso has been the subject of sustained interest from Real Madrid and the 27-year-old was quoted in the Spanish press as indicating he would be keen on a return to his homeland.

The free-spending Spanish giants are reportedly eager for a swift conclusion to a mooted £30million deal but Benitez, who confirmed Alonso is part the Reds squad embarking on a two-match tour of Thailand and Singapore, underlined he will not be leaving the club any time soon.

"Xabi Alonso is here with us so he will be available," he said.

"One thing that you need to understand is the Spanish press. The future of Xabi Alonso is to enjoy here with the people of Thailand and the weather and the game. The next week he will be here."

Benitez also revealed he has no plans to discuss the situation with the player, who signed a five-year deal in June 2007 and proved one of Liverpool's key performers last term, ahead of Wednesday night's game against Thailand in Bangkok.

"We'll talk about tactics and the game and try to enjoy our football," he added.

One player who will not be arriving at Anfield, however, is David Villa.

The prolific Valencia striker has been periodically linked with the Merseyside club and the prospect of recreating his partnership with countryman Fernando Torres in the Premier League was one to savour.

But Benitez emphatically ruled out any approach for the 27-year-old.

"David Villa, he is not our target," he stressed.

Defender Glen Johnson is the only significant piece of business to have been completed so far this summer after joining from Portsmouth but Benitez hinted there could be further big-name arrivals ahead of the August 31 transfer deadline.

"We have already signed Johnson, an international for England. He is a good signing and Andriy Voronin is coming back, he was one of the best players in the German league, so we have two good additions. You never know in football, we still have some time and we need to keep working on other names," he said.

"We have fantastic players and hopefully we can keep the level of last year and see with one or two additions we could improve a little bit. At the moment we are very pleased."

I can imagine Red Nick sitting at the dinner table in his villa, with a bottle of whisky, a bottle of parecetamol and this playing at the maximum volume his stereo can take, with tears of rage streaming down his face.

[YOUTUBE]qLgdcGEqgcw[/YOUTUBE]

That made me laugh a lot but Im Sober just wait till tonight!!

There are still fans on this forum making excuses for Xabi.

Id have a lot more respect for him if he just came out and said it rather than Rafa double speak.

If you dont want to play for LFC please go and play somewhere else

He said both players were not for sale.

Sky Sports | Football | News | Reds duo are not for sale

Also said a few times "We do notwan to sell Alonso".

Agreed. He also said the player signed a new contact and was happy with that and has said he is happy at LFC in all his press conferences. He also said that given all this there is nothing to discuss with RM.

I dont like the way Xabi has mentioned Madrid in interviews, they are a fucking joke that club. He owes us and he could cost us a chance at the title, we stuck with him when he was struggling and he should repay the favour.

not sure openly trying to sell him can be described as sticking with him.

So the Rafa Xabi games are set to continue which cant be good for the dressing room, especially been away for a week (I presume the wives arent with them) and no captain.

Anyone who thinks having an unhappy player in the dressing room dosent effect team morale and performance only has to look at the impact the Keane and Berbatov mess had on there performances and start to the season. They may have got top dollar for the players but didnt get players into the team and there results and performances suffered.

Anyone who thinks having an unhappy player in the dressing room dosent effect team morale and performance only has to look at the impact the Keane and Berbatov mess had on there performances and start to the season.

Inconsistent logic? If Alonso was unhappy all year because Rafa was willing to sell him last summer, as you and others have stated, how come he played so well and the club achieved record number of points?

That made me laugh a lot but Im Sober just wait till tonight!!

There are still fans on this forum making excuses for Xabi.

Id have a lot more respect for him if he just came out and said it rather than Rafa double speak.

If you dont want to play for LFC please go and play somewhere else

Pretty much agree with you there Nick, you just seem to express it better than me.

not sure openly trying to sell him can be described as sticking with him.

How are we trying to sell him? If that was the case, we'd accept a lot less than £35m and get on with it. I'd say we were openly trying to keep him unless someone wants to give us silly money - i.e., Madrid who made the rod for their own backs.

Anyone who thought we were in for Villa at £50m when we already had a world class striker here and a world class parter for him, are nuts.

yep, never gonna happen that one. 20 odd million for Silva is realistic. it would be perfect if Xabi stayed and Silva still came.

How are we trying to sell him? If that was the case, we'd accept a lot less than £35m and get on with it. I'd say we were openly trying to keep him unless someone wants to give us silly money - i.e., Madrid who made the rod for their own backs.

we were talking about last summer, not this one.

i agree

conversely Rafa needs Alonso to hand in a transfer request to prevent the fans 'turning' on him if he was to to be sold

what makes things even more complicated is if Rafa has earmarked the £30m from the Alonso deal to spnd on other players

i think you and Coop may be right on all this, but how ridiculous is it ?

Why do we always have to point the finger ? This is footie, players move on all the time the way we as fans, whipped up by the media, is amazing. WE are LFC bigger than any player, manager or owner.

Anyone who thought we were in for Villa at £50m when we already had a world class striker here and a world class parter for him, are nuts.

That's what I said earlier in the season and I was negged to feck for it:(