You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homemade pasties

Guest The Big Green Bastard

I got this recipe recently for 'chilli bean ranch pasties' and they are food of the gods. Have now resorted to making regular batches of these fucka's, but with chopped chilli for that extra kick!

Makes 4 LARGE pasties.

1 tbsp sunflower oil

4 rashers rindless, smoked, streaky bacon, cut into strips

1 small onion, finely chopped

1 garlic clove, finely chopped

200g can baked beans

50g mature Cheddar cheese, finely diced

a few drops Tabasco sauce

375g rolled puff pastry

Milk, for brushing

1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden. Remove from the heat and mix with the baked beans and diced cheese; add Tabasco to taste.

2. Open out the pastry and cut into quarters to give four 20 x 11cm rectangles. Spoon the filling into the centre of each,brush the dges with milk to seal and then bring up the edges to enclose the filling. Press the edges together to create a seam across the centre of each pasty. Transfer to a baking sheet, brush with a little milk and bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.

Keeps me regular!

I made a game pie a few weeks ago that was fantastic.

Local gamekeeper got me a duck and pheasant, made a gravy with one of those old looking beers, added garden peas and mushrooms. was lovely for a first time try.

Sounds lovely, really want to try that but with a slight recipe change. How about 'she's on the game' pie with plenty of breast and leg in there with fish sauce.

I got this recipe recently for 'chilli bean ranch pasties' and they are food of the gods. Have now resorted to making regular batches of these fucka's, but with chopped chilli for that extra kick!

Makes 4 LARGE pasties.

1 tbsp sunflower oil

4 rashers rindless, smoked, streaky bacon, cut into strips

1 small onion, finely chopped

1 garlic clove, finely chopped

200g can baked beans

50g mature Cheddar cheese, finely diced

a few drops Tabasco sauce

375g rolled puff pastry

Milk, for brushing

1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the bacon, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden. Remove from the heat and mix with the baked beans and diced cheese; add Tabasco to taste.

2. Open out the pastry and cut into quarters to give four 20 x 11cm rectangles. Spoon the filling into the centre of each,brush the dges with milk to seal and then bring up the edges to enclose the filling. Press the edges together to create a seam across the centre of each pasty. Transfer to a baking sheet, brush with a little milk and bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.

Keeps me regular!

Looks good , but like Mr Tooth says , pastry is bad. cant beat a round of golf in malaysia , only interrupted by an occasional fresh mango juice and curry puff break though , i have to say .

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CURRY PUFFS!

Sounds lovely, really want to try that but with a slight recipe change. How about 'she's on the game' pie with plenty of breast and leg in there with fish sauce.

'She's on the Game Pie'

A pie with a shiny, polished crust. Succulent pieces of Chicken Breast, supplemented by juicy chunks of cod for that fresh fishy flavour. Start off ona slow heat before cracking it right up and watch the succulent juices ooze out of the slit at the top.

Open out the bumcheeks and cut into quarters to give four 20 x 11cm rectangles. Spoon the filling into the centre of each,brush the dges with semen to seal and then bring up the edges to enclose the filling. Press the edges together to create a seam across the centre of each bumcrack. Invite Purple Aki around to show him your handiwork until puffed and golden brown.