You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Accommodation in Leeds

Ian Sea

I'm in Leeds for the cricket on Sunday 20th July with 5 mates and I'm after a hotel or B&B to stay in. Can anyone recommend anywhere that's decent, not too expensive and preferably quite close to Headingley?

Cheers.

What sort of budget are you looking at?

Knowing my mates, a tight one. Not much more than £50 each.

Do you reckon it's possible?

Aye it's possible. There's an Ibis and a Travelodge at the bottom of Kirkstall Road that would set you back less than £50 a night. Basic but ok. There are loads of B&B's on Cardigan Road in Headngley but I'd be surprised of they're not booked up already. Would be worth a punt though.

Your best bet might be the Ramada Jarvis in north Leeds though. Should set you back around £55 and is only a couple of quid by taxi from Headingley. I got mates coming up from London for the cricket on the Friday and the Ramada was about the best place I could find for them on their budget, which is about the same as yours.

Mate, there are loads of B&B's along Cardigan Road in Headingley, which backs on to the ground.

You'll have to be quick though mate, they book up well in advance. If you can't get in there then Bewley's hotel in Leeds (about 2-3 miles) is great value at £69 for a nice double room.

Or there's the Etap which is only £35, but again you'll have to book way in advance.

Mate, there are loads of B&B's along Cardigan Road in Headingley, which backs on to the ground.

You'll have to be quick though mate, they book up well in advance. If you can't get in there then Bewley's hotel in Leeds (about 2-3 miles) is great value at £69.

Or there's the Etap which is only £35, but again you'll have to book way in advance.

I'd be amazed if they got into a B&B on Cardigan Road now mate.

You only live down the road from Headingley, though - I thought you'd be offering to let them crash Chez Ross.

Thanks for the pointers dudes, just had a look at a few different places and got some good quotes. The Etap is cheapest at £35 (is this place any good does anyone know?) and the Travelodge on Vicar Lane is £39 for a twin room. The Ibis is £58 and the Ramada is £65 so they are all well within budget.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Etap is a bit out the way, just south of town, probably better for a night out than going up to headingley. (Unless that is part of the plan)

Travellodge is in the city centre and probably 5 mins or so from all the buses to the centre of Headingley. Tried to stay there in the summer and it was fully booked. Looked a bit run down inside but is probably just the same as every other travelodge.

Ibis is just on the route of the number 18 which runs right up to the stadium and is probably walkable. 20 or 30 mins. Ibis is right near where I live and is pretty bog standard but modern. was only around 45 quid when I had to go there not too long ago. (my house is shit). Not really anything nearby though.

Probably go for Travlelodge. 15 min bus journey up to Headingley, loads of routes go there via town and you can always find somewhere in town for a cheaper breakfast.. 5 mins from the centre.

Thanks for the pointers dudes, just had a look at a few different places and got some good quotes. The Etap is cheapest at £35 (is this place any good does anyone know?) and the Travelodge on Vicar Lane is £39 for a twin room. The Ibis is £58 and the Ramada is £65 so they are all well within budget.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

I have stayed in that Etap and it is cheap but very basic. A group of us went out in Leeds and I had trouble finding the place by car (if you do stay there then park in the multi story car park opposite as it is pretty save and you get part of it refunded by Etap).

Since there are 6 of you then you would be best getting 3 rooms as we booked two 3 bed rooms which were a bit too cosy. A double bed and a bunk bed single above.