You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the new Star Wars game yesterday, Jedi Survivor (had saved birthday money for it as the prices are obscene for new games on PS5). It is absolutely superb. However, what strikes me is that it does Star Wars better than pretty much anything after Return of the Jedi (bar some of  the books).

It does what so many of the films have failed to do: put a really good story with great characters into a recognisably Star Wars universe, but completely cut away from the whole Skywalker stuff. They could do far worse than get the writers and creators of this involved in some of the new films they’ve recently announced.

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

I bought the new Star Wars game yesterday, Jedi Survivor (had saved birthday money for it as the prices are obscene for new games on PS5). It is absolutely superb. However, what strikes me is that it does Star Wars better than pretty much anything after Return of the Jedi (bar some of  the books).

It does what so many of the films have failed to do: put a really good story with great characters into a recognisably Star Wars universe, but completely cut away from the whole Skywalker stuff. They could do far worse than get the writers and creators of this involved in some of the new films they’ve recently announced.

I’m going to check it out, looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

Apparently Damon Lindelof‘s shelved Star Wars film was going to be set 70 years after TROS with an original elderly Rey training Jedi’s.

As announced last week, they’ve cancelled that to bring Daisy Ridley and have her training Jedi’s about 15 years after TROS. 

Stupid Disney cunts literally giving no mark Rey the story that everybody wanted for Luke all along. 

Kathleen Kennedy seems to cop a lot of the blame for things going south as she's the one who appears obsessed with badass one dimensional women. It seems to have coped when she's not involved, like with early Mandalorian, but season three had her pawprints all over it, with Mando reduced to a supporting role as Starbuck repeatedly bailed him out of shit and became the chosen one.

That's probably why the game is good, because the Disney higher ups aren't involved.

• Upvote 3

On 29/04/2023 at 14:33, Section_31 said:

Kathleen Kennedy seems to cop a lot of the blame for things going south as she's the one who appears obsessed with badass one dimensional women. It seems to have coped when she's not involved, like with early Mandalorian, but season three had her pawprints all over it, with Mando reduced to a supporting role as Starbuck repeatedly bailed him out of shit and became the chosen one.

That's probably why the game is good, because the Disney higher ups aren't involved.

Bo Katan was always the most important Mandalorian though in terms of lore so it makes sense she's taking on a more starring role this season. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Film 77 review of A New Hope by Barry Norman. 

I always like the story of Lucas showing it to some of his director mates, only Spielberg liked it and the rest of them were pissing themselves laughing at it, of which Brian De Palma was particularly scathing (although he denies it).

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Wish I'd known there was a 40th Anniversary release of RotJ this weekend.  

The lack of love for ROTJ always baffles me, I saw it when I was three at the Cannon and all I can remember is the Biker Scouts getting thrown off their bikes. 

This is just magic, every second of it, one of the best action scenes in film.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The lack of love for ROTJ always baffles me, I saw it when I was three at the Cannon and all I can remember is the Biker Scouts getting thrown off their bikes. 

I saw it on when on holiday in Devon back in 1983. Back then towns had to wait to get it so I saw it two weeks before my mates.  

It’s a great film, just can’t match Star Wars for its initial impact or Empire for its overall greatness.  Still far superior to anything that came after it (until Rogue One). 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Any feedback on the tv show Star Wars Visions?

Not started it yet.   If it's like last year it'll be a mix of fantastic to downright bizarre.  

On 02/05/2023 at 15:44, Section_31 said:

It’s got a great start and a great ending. 

The middle is very flat though. 

It’s an easy criticism to make, the Ewoks really are shite. Having it on an island of Wookies and some heavily armoured Wookie led guerilla warfare in the woods would have been so much better. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'd love to see 100000 Alien xenomorphs dropped into the Star Wars universe to savagely terrorise the Jedi lemons and shake that shit up.

The Xenomorphs are 0 and 7 having lost to

- Space Truckers, Sigourney Weaver and a cat.

- Marines, Sigourney Weaver a little girl and half a robot

- Sigourney Weaver and a bunch of rapey unarmed prisoners

- Sigourney Weaver, a little robot, a few Bounty Hunters and a guy in a wheelchair

- A Predator and a doctor with a spear

- A Predator and a bunch of teenagers 

- Batman

Jedi's would wreck them.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1