You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zlatan Ibrahimvic is fucking crap

hamstrung

I think he'll do well and get about 15 goals for them (including some hat tricks against the likes of Bournemouth at home) but I'm not too worried if he's their big name striker signing. His record in the French league was awesome last year (although in the champions league not as much) but next year he'll be another year older, joining the fastest league he's played in, after a long summer playing the Euros. It's a risky buy as after his massive signing on fee and huge wages it doesn't seem quite 'free'. It does prove though if you pay the big names enough they'll forget about the champions league.

He'll get 25-30 goals. A world class striker.

WAS a world class striker, take away the top 5 or 6 teams in the French League & it's Championship standard, playing for a team that were so much better than the rest, they had the title wrapped up by mid March, with 8 games to go. I reckon he'll struggle to get 10 myself. Gonna have a bet with a Manc in work that Origi will score more than him.

If I were to draw a historical comparison for Mourinho and Ibrahimivic signing for Man Utd, it would be the Y2K millennium bug.  A whole lot of fuss about absolutely nothing.

Who needs world class strikers like Zlatan that nets a gazillion goals in the French league, when youve got a striker who couldnt hit a cows backside with a bango back in France.

At least this season united wont be utterly shite and still above us every step of the way, instead we'll just have to watch them comowte for the title amongst the other big clubs.

Still a quality player but don't think he has the legs for Mourinho's counter-attacking style anymore. The PSG possession-based football suited him perfectly. He will get a fair share of goals but I'm not overly worried about his signing. Much rather they sign him than the likes of Morata, Aubameyang, Higuain, Griezmann etc...

WAS a world class striker, take away the top 5 or 6 teams in the French League & it's Championship standard, playing for a team that were so much better than the rest, they had the title wrapped up by mid March, with 8 games to go. I reckon he'll struggle to get 10 myself. Gonna have a bet with a Manc in work that Origi will score more than him.

No. Is.

Part of the reason they had the league wrapped up in March is because they had a striker that was scoring at better than a goal a game.

Hope for your sake it's a small bet.

Fair play if it happens, will enjoy watching him play, though age 35 means he's a time bomb in fitness terms. Could be brilliant for a season, but he's going to put noses out of joint as soon as he walks through the door.

Rooney still on pens? Still captain? Still top earner? Where does this leave Rashford, Martial, Depay?

But he's a signing fur the sponsors, s shirt seller, they'll sell out pre season friendlies etc.

He'll be the ideal impact signing for them at this stage.

If you were taking them over and assessing the last 3 seasons versus the 20 whatever odd before that, what would you notice as the general difference and address right away?

Mindset, arrogance, expecting to win every time you go out on the pitch and be the best because "We are Manchester United", etc etc. He'll bring that attitude in spades and provide the on-pitch mentality Mourinho will be doing everything he can to tap into off it.

Whether any of the rest of us believe the bollocks United tell themselves matters not, it's all about whether their players do. He'll be a powerful tool in that regard, in addition to his playing contribution.

Pun intended.

• Upvote 1

He had the most productive season of his career last year scoring 50 goals. He's still world class. Unless Origi turns into Thierry Henry next season you're throwing your money away.

• Upvote 1

No. Is.

Part of the reason they had the league wrapped up in March is because they had a striker that was scoring at better than a goal a game.

Hope for your sake it's a small bet.

No. Was. Ha ha

Any good striker would score a shitload in that team, they're head & shoulders above everyone, it's embarrassing. Also, he's 34. Not 24.

No. Was. Ha ha

Any good striker would score a shitload in that team, they're head & shoulders above everyone, it's embarrassing. Also, he's 34. Not 24.

How is it possible that a player who's just had the best season of his career isn't world class anymore but was before?

How is it possible that a player who's just had the best season of his career isn't world class anymore but was before?

Celtic have just won 5 consecutive championships.

And?