You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

On 27/06/2021 at 00:44, Bjornebye said:

The Ice Road (Amazon) 

What a film! Liam Neeson takes a treacherous trip through Manitoba to deliver some important equipment for some trapped miners. A fucking great watch. 8 bastard Polar Bears out of 10. (There are no Polar Bears in this movie which is about the only thing that doesn't go wrong) 

We watched this last night and I agree, it’s a cracking little film. Think you’ve been generous with the score though. I’d go 7/10. 

Promising Young Woman. Knew nothing about it going in, pleased about that because it was definitely a grower. Not sure I'd have enjoyed it as much if I knew what it was about. 8/10.

A Quiet Place 2 

If you liked A Quiet Place you'll really like this. Suspenseful as fuck and the young lad is still the most annoying shit bag ever on screen but you can't really blame him all things considered. 7.5/10 

Another Round

Cracking Danish language film with Mads Mikkelsen about a group of 4 teachers who decide to try an experiment where they're in a constant state of inebriation for a straight month.

It's like the filmmakers were following me around for the last 30 years.

Fantastic stuff.

8/10 Kodi Seren Real Debrid

• Like 1

14 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

The Tomorrow War.

Amazon offering starring Chris Pratt as an ex soldier drafted to help a war against aliens 30 years in the future.

Daft  predictable and slightly overstays its 2 and a bit hours, but my 12 year old was engrossed.

6.5/10.

Agree with this although I’d add that some of the action sequences are really good. 

The 8th Day - 1/10. Korean supernatural drama (definitely not a thriller or horror film) that’s actually very, very boring. The 1/10 is for the only creepy moment in the film involving a Korean schoolgirl - and no, not in any dodgy perverted way.

Its a testimony to how well I know you lot that I had to type that last caveat.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The 8th Day - 1/10. Korean supernatural drama (definitely not a thriller or horror film) that’s actually very, very boring. The 1/10 is for the only creepy moment in the film involving a Korean schoolgirl - and no, not in any dodgy perverted way.

Its a testimony to how well I know you lot that I had to type that last caveat.

8th Night?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_8th_Night

Fear Street: 1994. 5/10. Part one of a trilogy of films covering different decades - this one owing a lost to Scream. Basically it looks like we’ll get slasher movies aping different decades but with a heavy supernatural element. The next one is set in the 70’s and and looks like a love letter to Friday 13th. Also, stop trying to sell audiences one antagonist when you’ve basically signalled from the outset who the real antagonist is. Audiences in general are not that thick.

Ghost in the Shell - Solid State Society 7.5/10

I hadn't watched a film in well over a year (mostly due to some serious pc game addiction) but after putting it off for what seems like weeks, finally watched it last night. It's not as good as the original Ghost in the Shell anime and it was hard to follow at times (partly because I was tired) but I still liked it. It's something that I might rate higher after watching again and understanding it more as well.

Have ordered two more GitS films that are arriving later too, The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Ghost in the Shell - Solid State Society 7.5/10

I hadn't watched a film in well over a year (mostly due to some serious pc game addiction) but after putting it off for what seems like weeks, finally watched it last night. It's not as good as the original Ghost in the Shell anime and it was hard to follow at times (partly because I was tired) but I still liked it. It's something that I might rate higher after watching again and understanding it more as well.

Have ordered two more GitS films that are arriving later too, The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven.

Gits is an unfortunate abbreviation. Still, could have been worse; the film could have been called Spooky Human In The Shell. 

24 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Fuckall to watch, so Dirty Harry.

Bit dated now but Clint being the badass he is 7/10.

And I know what you're thinking, did I fire 6 shots or 5?.

Do you feel lucky punk, well do ya?

Going to have a Clint week 

“Harry hates everyone.” 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

That's based on the zodiac killer, if you have not seen Zodiac, worth a gander. 

10 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

I love Dirty Harry, there's so many great lines in it. Would never get past the censors nowadays though.

46 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I love Dirty Harry, there's so many great lines in it. Would never get past the censors nowadays though.

Ha ha, no chance.

When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

Can't remember the cinema on London road? Essoldo maybe?

They used to show double main films.

Dirty Harry and Magnum Force 

Dirty Harry and King Boxer 

Can't imagine how many times I've seen it.

• Upvote 1