You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's football

Newport

On 08/12/2023 at 19:20, magicrat said:

I agree . I also don’t quite understand why they want to be part of men’s football other than money . I listened to Hayes last night on the Everton game and she was irritating and intensely boring . Her voice , which she can’t , help is dreadful but if you only had one arm you wouldn’t bother learning semaphore 

Emma Hayes is 47.  There hasn't been any proper coverage of or support for the women's game until some time in the last decade.  Given that she's made a career in football, it's reasonable to assume that she loves the game; it's also reasonable to assume that the game she fell in love with was the men's game, because that's all that was available.  So why shouldn't she want to be part of that game?

See also - every other female pundit, commentator, official, etc.

5 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Why don't we integrate them into the playing side and have full gender equality. Introduce a quota system were 50% of the squad must be female as well as the side picked for each game. Plus equal pay etc etc. I presume you would be in favour of this.

Because all the women would distract men in the showers, cast spells on their enemies and gossip about each other causing tension throughout the squad.

Best not, in truth, as I hear their periods can attract bears.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Why don't we integrate them into the playing side and have full gender equality. Introduce a quota system were 50% of the squad must be female as well as the side picked for each game. Plus equal pay etc etc. I presume you would be in favour of this.

As if we needed more proof that bigots are fucking stupid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Constructive argument. Well done.

What is stupid about it explain it to me. We have female pundits, commentators, linespeople and now a ref. How is that any different?

Everything is stupid about it.

There are reasons why women and men play physically demanding sports separately. None of those reasons apply to commentary, journalism, punditry, refereeing, management, etc.  You already know this, but you choose to ignore it, because you're a bigot.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Calling me a bigot does not address the point. If all sides were equal where is the problem. Its not 11 men against 11 women its teams equally matched against each other. My point is for full inclusivity. You ignore that conveniently.

It's 11 a side. That's an odd number.

You'd need to double the changing room facilities; that would put an unbearable strain on grassroots football.

There would be tensions in every team, because the average man is taller, stronger and faster than the average woman.

There would be no benefit whatsoever to that nonsense you just pulled out of your arse, which is why nobody is calling for it.

I ignored it because it's fuckwitted trollery that deserves ignoring.

10 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

And to add further and counter your physicality argument. Is Konate against rat face a 'fair' physical contest? Plenty of women could kick him up in the air. Good managers have used tactics and ability to counter physical differences since the game began.

That doesn't counter the argument.

Nor does it deflect from the fact that you're a bigot.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's 11 a side. That's an odd number.

You'd need to double the changing room facilities; that would put an unbearable strain on grassroots football.

There would be tensions in every team, because the average man is taller, stronger and faster than the average woman.

There would be no benefit whatsoever to that nonsense you just pulled out of your arse, which is why nobody is calling for it.

I ignored it because it's fuckwitted trollery that deserves ignoring.

Of course the argument I am making is fucking nonsense. It is however the end destination of this constant search for equality in everything. Revisit this thread in 10 years and see where we are at with this.

10 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Here come  the usual empty heads. Argue your point or shut the fuck up.

You're making stupid, strawman arguments. You've constantly proven yourself to be an ill-informed, lying bigot on these forums; I have no interest in "debating" anything with you because you're not actually capable of it. What you mistake for discourse is just you shouting in to the wind. But I do like calling your bullshit out, I'm amazed we're keeping you around this time.

• Upvote 4

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That doesn't counter the argument.

Nor does it deflect from the fact that you're a bigot.

This place used to be one of diverse opinion, sadly that has died. Now it is full of people like you who lack the cognitive flexibility to see any thought that does not fall neatly into the center of their own intellectual bell curve. It's boring.

3 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

You're making stupid, strawman arguments. You've constantly proven yourself to be an ill-informed, lying bigot on these forums; I have no interest in "debating" anything with you because you're not actually capable of it. What you mistake for discourse is just you shouting in to the wind. But I do like calling your bullshit out, I'm amazed we're keeping you around this time.

Which you singular failed to do.

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

This place used to be one of diverse opinion, sadly that has died. Now it is full of people like you who lack the cognitive flexibility to see any thought that does not fall neatly into the center of their own intellectual bell curve. It's boring.

We have never welcomed racists.  The men here are becoming a bit less sexist (but not before we drove away some decent women posters); I reckon that's because some of us have grown up a bit.

"Cognitive flexibility".

*chortle*

2 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I am a bigot who has a mother a sister and raised a squad of daughters.

I've been watching you being consistently taken to pieces on these boards of late but I've remained a quiet observer. I don't care to alter my stance in that regard but I just feel the urge to say that you really are one massive wanker. 

X4fkPAsbt5r7.gif

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1