You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seat Leon Cupra 1.8T

El Rojo

Right, still stuck in a million and one minds about a new (used) car.

I'm looking at a 2002 Seat Leon 1.8T tomorrow - seems every bit as good as a GTI or A3 in spec, but significantly cheaper. Looks nicer on the outside too.

Just wondering can anyone recommend it - or otherwise.

I very nearly went for the Leon too mate, but eventually went for the TDI polo. Just a bit classier interior and not as big as the GTI (which is fucking huge these days).

The leon is a very sexy looking beast though (what colour you looking at? the gun metal grey is best imho, also like the yellow).

Theyve really fucked up the leon design now too, mate of mine has a new one and its not a patch on the 2002.

I very nearly went for the Leon too mate, but eventually went for the TDI polo. Just a bit classier interior and not as big as the GTI (which is fucking huge these days).

The leon is a very sexy looking beast though (what colour you looking at? the gun metal grey is best imho, also like the yellow).

Theyve really fucked up the leon design now too, mate of mine has a new one and its not a patch on the 2002.

Yeah, the 2002 is much nicer, the Seat designs have gone to shit in general. The one I'm looking at is blue. Seems a great deal, all considered.

Right, still stuck in a million and one minds about a new (used) car.

I'm looking at a 2002 Seat Leon 1.8T tomorrow - seems every bit as good as a GTI or A3 in spec, but significantly cheaper. Looks nicer on the outside too.

Just wondering can anyone recommend it - or otherwise.

I dont know what you want from a car, but if its pace and not bad looks for the cheapest price, try an MG ZT, british too. Though its a bit bigger than a Leon.

Their cars are still being sold at Longbridge. I picked up an 20 month old car, that was 26k new for 9k. Its a ZT 190 plus has a top speed of 144mph, 0-60 in 7.7 secs, had sat nav and a tv. It's well made and well designed (as it was by BMW) and you can pick up a 2yr old ones with low mileage for around 9k. Much more fun than my C Class before.

Try the MG-Rover Direct site http://www.mg-rover.com/static/mg-rover-direct.html

or somewhere like the Car Shop. http://www.carshop.co.uk