You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

just seen this on the Beebs gossip column

Bob

Striker Samuel Eto'o looks set to miss Barcelona's Champions League tie with Liverpool on 21 February after refusing to appear as a substitute in the closing minutes of Sunday's win over Racing Santander. (Daily Mail)

interesting if true.

he is signing for us this summer, I've been quoted £30, that's why he doesnt want to play. He will be brought in as back- up for Torres and Villa or occasionally played on the right. On a more serious note, I really hope he doesnt play because of his pace

I hate the fact that we have to hope that certain players will be missing for Barca in order to just give us a chance. I long for the day when they will be shitting themselves about what OUR players can do rather than the other way round!

Rafa is a master at getting results out of these kind of games though, and I expect next wednesday to be no different. 0-0.

he is signing for us this summer, I've been quoted £30, that's why he doesnt want to play. He will be brought in as back- up for Torres and Villa or occasionally played on the right. On a more serious note, I really hope he doesnt play because of his pace

Gillett and Hicks are certainly playing hard ball with their negotiations then, no need to increase ticket prices.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6353861.stm

He is quite clearly engineering a move to Liverpool. This is all good news for us. I want to meet a Barcelona in turmoil. Stick one in early doors and watch them crumble like a biscuit (hob-nob rather than a club or trio, I mean, are they really biscuits? they are so far into the chocloate world, they must be regarded as sweets. I bet they are shunned by both sides).

There seems to be some discord between Eto'o and Ronny Dingo. If Rijkaard wants to be aloof about this then Eto'o may become available. If he gets alongside the player and sorts it out (as Laporta clearly hopes) then he will stay.

Eto'o alongside Kuyt? Would be fantastic but probably too much to hope for.