You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other shareholders?

DT

What about the unissued shares does that total include them.
]

no. they can't sell those without the approval of the other shareholders. as far as i know we are not being asked about that. in fact i'm not that certain those shares can still be sold at all ... i think they can only remain unsold for something like 5 years without another share issue of some kind - they've been "unissued" for longer than that. i'm sure tim will know better than i do.

they haven't. they currently have 62% ... they need 90%. i'm guessing morgan has not agreed to sell yet. that's 5% of the 10% who would need to say no for them to be unable to force anyone to sell. persoanlly i think this takeover is far from complete despite what has been suggested over the last 24 hours.

I think Morgan will sell judging by his "end this mess" comments.

with 28% I think that is the total of unused shares plus the chairmans 51% =79% already in the bag

That would leave Granadas 10% plus any other board members shares and you would have to think they have that agreement already so i believe they are over the line already so wether you wont to sell or not you will be forced to

with 28% I think that is the total of unused shares plus the chairmans 51% =79% already in the bag

That would leave Granadas 10% plus any other board members shares and you would have to think they have that agreement already so i believe they are over the line already so wether you wont to sell or not you will be forced to

i don't think they can have the unissued shares. correct me if i'm wrong.

also, moores owns 51% of the currently issued 35000 shares (well 34 and a bit thousand). granada 3500 .... so their percentage of holding decreases if the unissued shares are somehow "sold" to gillett and hicks - Moores holding becomes something like 35% (figures worked out in my head!!). they announced yesterday they have agreement on just over 62% of the shares i think ... which sounds to me like Moores (just under 51%), Granada (9.9%) and one of the City investors (around 3%).

i dont want to sell but i think the yanks will reach the 90% and then i will be forced to.......

nice of them to continue the ticket rights, but when the capacity goes up by 15,000 it would not be that hard to get a ticket anyway !

big thing for me is the lack of agm from now on.

i don't think they can have the unissued shares. correct me if i'm wrong.

also, moores owns 51% of the currently issued 35000 shares (well 34 and a bit thousand). granada 3500 .... so their percentage of holding decreases if the unissued shares are somehow "sold" to gillett and hicks - Moores holding becomes something like 35% (figures worked out in my head!!). they announced yesterday they have agreement on just over 62% of the shares i think ... which sounds to me like Moores (just under 51%), Granada (9.9%) and one of the City investors (around 3%).

Until they`re actually issued (and paid for), they don`t count so your figures are right.

They might struggle to the 90% if morgan holds out but my guess is they`ll rope him in with a directorship.

I'd not seen them comments. I've pretty much only had time to read what the 2 yanks have had to say. perhaps he'll go quietly then. i just expected him to maybe refuse to sell if he thought he could perhaps get another 5% with him.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=end-this-mess-says-morgan&method=full&objectid=18565825&siteid=50061-name_page.html

he's had plenty of time to change his stance since last week, i thought he'd said it since the announcement yesterday ... he's had the chance to talk to Miskelly or whatever his name is about a bid from them in that time. if morgan thinks he can pull 5% with him, this current bid buys him 28 days to get another bid of his own together.

he's had plenty of time to change his stance since last week, i thought he'd said it since the announcement yesterday ... he's had the chance to talk to Miskelly or whatever his name is about a bid from them in that time. if morgan thinks he can pull 5% with him, this current bid buys him 28 days to get another bid of his own together.

He won't, though. He knows he can't afford it. He admits as much.

who's going to back him?. if 70mil was all he was prepared to pay before how's he going to find 470:no

so if the 2 city investors and morgan get together that's over 10%. as i said very far from complete.

They have to proceed with the offer if they get 75% so it would still go ahead.

The 75% would in practice let them do anything they wanted but they`d have to restructure everything they did so as to avoid paying dividends to the other shareholders.

Until they`re actually issued (and paid for), they don`t count so your figures are right.

They might struggle to the 90% if morgan holds out but my guess is they`ll rope him in with a directorship.

I would think it is a little easier for them that most people think

in agreeing to buy the club and the board has agreed to this then the first thing IMHO that would happen is that they would purchase the un issued shares then Moores shares and anyother shareholder who agrees to sell at that point they would look to see what % they own against what they need to complete the deal if thay cross the 90% then game over and i would think that has already been passed before they where put in front of the press on Tuesday

I would think it is a little easier for them that most people think

in agreeing to buy the club and the board has agreed to this then the first thing IMHO that would happen is that they would purchase the un issued shares then Moores shares and anyother shareholder who agrees to sell at that point they would look to see what % they own against what they need to complete the deal if thay cross the 90% then game over and i would think that has already been passed before they where put in front of the press on Tuesday

Unissued shares have to be offered to existing shareholders first (in a fresh share issue) in the proportions relating to their existing shareholdings under the pre-emption rights rules.

The unissued shares will not be a factor in this. They need to get 31,341 of the existing 34,823 shares to get 90%. They already have approx 21,660 of these. Were morgan and the two institutional investors to sell that would leave them with about 5,816 to buy to get to 90% holding.

The new owners already have 62.2% which means they can win any vote.

The incentive for you to sell is this:-

To uphold the traditions of Liverpool, the Board of Kop has undertaken

to continue the existing informal shareholder ticketing arrangements

such that, subject to the Offer becoming or being declared unconditional

in all respects, Liverpool Shareholders who validly accept the Offer in

respect of the Liverpool shares which they held as at the Priority

Tickets Relevant Time, will receive lifetime priority ticket purchasing

rights, giving them priority rights to purchase tickets for home cup

matches, cup finals and a season ticket for the new stadium (for those

who are not already season ticket holders).

it persuaded me anyway

I totally understand DT's point about not having bought a single share to speculate on it, but as a kind of confirmation of the emotional investment that he's made in the club (and a shout at tickets, obviously) but in fairness to them, that's not a bad deal at all, is it?

It's a very clever compensatory package, considering that there will be a profit on the share anyway. If the share had been sold six months ago, the shareholder would have lost the ticketing rights completely, now by selling the same share, those rights are protected for life. Add jumping to the top of a 20,000 plus person waiting list for season tickets and I'll bet there aren't many non-season ticket holding shareholders left with a decision to make.

They don't seem to be looking to shaft anyone there - they're accepting that shareholders have something they want and are willing to offer them something in return. I wonder how many Reds would never have been able to justify spending £4K (iirc) for a share, but would be able to find it in short order if it would get them priority for a season ticket?

It's a very clever compensatory package

It certainly is, especially as there's no loss to the club because the tickets are still actually being sold, yet it means a lot to a fan.

I wonder how many Reds would never have been able to justify spending £4K (iirc) for a share, but would be able to find it in short order if it would get them priority for a season ticket?

They went down to £3k last year. Someone told me that if a non-ST shareholder wrote to the club asking for a season ticket, they would try and sort you out...unofficially. Not sure of the truth behind that though

i dont want to sell but i think the yanks will reach the 90% and then i will be forced to.......

nice of them to continue the ticket rights, but when the capacity goes up by 15,000 it would not be that hard to get a ticket anyway !

It would be much harder to get a final ticket though. And remember the offer guarantees you a season ticket in the new stadium if you haven't got one already.

Unissued shares have to be offered to existing shareholders first (in a fresh share issue) in the proportions relating to their existing shareholdings under the pre-emption rights rules.

The unissued shares will not be a factor in this. They need to get 31,341 of the existing 34,823 shares to get 90%. They already have approx 21,660 of these. Were morgan and the two institutional investors to sell that would leave them with about 5,816 to buy to get to 90% holding.

not sure on the numbers but it is believed that they have all the shares on the board plus Granada so unless Morgan wants to become the Anti Christ i think he will sell his share also so i think its a formality now