You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Madrid want Xabi

CWD82

Link

It's in Spanish so I won't bother posting it but it basically says they want him as an alternative for Fabregas and are willing to pay €25m (about £17m?). No surprise it's from madrid's other mouthpiece AS

Can't see it happening like but thought it would be funny to point and laugh at Madrid missing out on another target and then the targets replacement etc...

What I find most offensive is that they considered Xabi after Fabregas. What the fucks gooing on there? Surely he should be number 1 on there shopping list. I would take Alonso over Fabregas everyday.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Xabi chose us over Madrid before?, Don't know why he would leave now when the team is playing so well, winning cups etc...

With Madrid signing Emerson, i think this really is a non-subject.

or maybe that`s just me? ;)

In other news, Steven Gerrard is a Chelsea target....

YAWN!

Can't AS change the record? It's like the Echo's space filling story which pops up every week about our new ground. When AS get stuck they bring out the Alonso to Madrid story.

The day Xabi (A proud Basque) joins that freakshow will be the day Marlon Harewood's head looks ordinary.

Guest Paul Mc

I think if they offered 25/30 million Rafa would take it, as long as he could secure a good replacement before the start of the season. It's a good profit, and means Rafa can buy all the players he wants.

Xabi is a fantastic player, but he's not irreplacable.

As for him being a proud Basque; he almost joined Madrid before us.

I think if they offered 25/30 million Rafa would take it, as long as he could secure a good replacement before the start of the season. It's a good profit, and means Rafa can buy all the players he wants.

Xabi is a fantastic player, but he's not irreplacable.

As for him being a proud Basque; he almost joined Madrid before us.

Why would Rafa take it? Rafa basically flogged off Owen so that he could afford Xabi. He’s the hub of our team, one of the leaders on and off the pitch. You’re very much mistaken if you think Rafa would sell at any price if you ask me.

Guest Paul Mc

It's good business when you're skint and on a tight budget. Wenger has been doing it for years. You buy a great young foreign talent for a knockdown price, get a couple of good seasons out of him, and then sell him back to a club in his own country for some astronimcal fee, making a good profit, and then you bring another young player through.

It's good business when you're skint and on a tight budget. Wenger has been doing it for years. You buy a great young foreign talent for a knockdown price, get a couple of good seasons out of him, and then sell him back to a club in his own country for some astronimcal fee, making a good profit, and then you bring another young player through.

Absolute bollocks.

EDIT - in relation to Alonso anyway. He is a cornerstone of what Rafa has achieved so far and is key to what we can potentially achieve next season and beyond.

Xabi is one of the few players that i would imagine is simply not for sale, such a key player to the way we play, havent seen anyone with his passing ability for a very very long time. Also copes with the physical demands of the premiership as well. To suggest Rafa would sell is pure folly in my opinion.

And the players saying "Fuck Arsenal, I'm off" was all part of his genius was it?

Every player has his price unless you are Chelsea. In which case only players they don't need have their price and only to teams they have dodgy business connections with. Xabi is a great passer but we wouldn't fall apart if he left. We would have money to look for a replacement and also nick some of Real's best prospects. I'd do it, even though there is little chance it would happen.

Guest dragonfly

if it's true and xabi says no then i think that would be important for our club and the rest of football. the reason for our club is that real madrid have fucked us (and other clubs) over on many occassion by unsettling players and taking them for next to nothing and on a gneneral football note to see a player of alonso's talent say fuck off to madrid would really send out a message to the football world.

Why would European Champion Xabi Alonso want to leave the best club in the world to move to a team full of primadonnas? Surely it would be a backwards step in terms of career progression?

It isn't going to happen, and this time next year he will be Premiership-winning European Champion Xabi Alonso, too.

Xabi is one of the few players that i would imagine is simply not for sale, such a key player to the way we play, havent seen anyone with his passing ability for a very very long time. Also copes with the physical demands of the premiership as well. To suggest Rafa would sell is pure folly in my opinion.

Exactly. Whats the point in selling Xabi? If we want to keep progressing the we need Xabi Alonso.

Tell Real Madrid to fuck-off!

No point even considering it unless they're willing to break the World record. He's still very young, he's the best passer in the World, within 2 years he'll probably be the best defensive midfielder in the World aswell, if we get a big amount we then need to replace him and clubs will just put the price of their players up straight away. Spurs want £20m for Carrick for fuck sake, a very very very poor mans Alonso and Lyon want £25m for Diarra. £50m at least otherwise they can fuck off.

No point even considering it unless they're willing to break the World record. He's still very young, he's the best passer in the World, within 2 years he'll probably be the best defensive midfielder in the World aswell, if we get a big amount we then need to replace him and clubs will just put the price of their players up straight away. Spurs want £20m for Carrick for fuck sake, a very very very poor mans Alonso and Lyon want £25m for Diarra. £50m at least otherwise they can fuck off.

Spot on, clubs won't sell there best players for any price, whats the point in selling Xabi for a big profit and then splashing half of it on his shinebox boy? Xabi Carra and Gerrard are irriplacable to LFC...

Besides, Madrid is a step down! All he needs now is a premiership medal and he can retire early!

Guest davelfc

Lost it near the end of the season, was responsible for the first goal in the FA Cup with an attempted short pass. Made a few of them in that game and then went of injured.

Cash in quickly, he just was not the same player last season as he was in his first season. ;)

very good points, the price Spurs are touting around for Carrick is comical, he is average at best and a very poor passer of the ball. Why on earth would we want to sell a young proven player, who is settled and only going to get better?

Lost it near the end of the season, was responsible for the first goal in the FA Cup with an attempted short pass. Made a few of them in that game and then went of injured.

Cash in quickly, he just was not the same player last season as he was in his first season. ;)

Did you not see his assured displays for Spain then?

Guest davelfc
His own goal against Birmingham cost us 2nd place as well DaveLFC, don't forget that ;)

The lads mind was obviously somewhere else, I also noticed his body language in some games seemed to indicate he fancied a move to real.