You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racist Bluenoses........

mht1892

Wasn't there a story in the Echo about a couple who stopped travelling to the games because the coach journys were that full of racisim?

There was, but when I read that I just thought 'it's lucky there were no Echo reporters on the Happy Als going to our away games, because the same shite happens on them'.

Guest dragonfly
Being Asian myself i certainly find this very disturbing...

i know mate, i'm white and i find it disturbing but unfortunately you can't change these people, there's no hope for them. what has to happen is that all the decent fans around the country make all the racists in their grounds feel like outcasts. everytime racist chants start to happen by a group of people, decent fans need to automatically start outsinging them, straight away so they can't be heard, possibly of chanting the name of whoever's getting the abuse e.g. if yobo starts getting abuse from a section of so called reds then the majority start shouting his name, it may seem extreme to some people but the racists would soon get the message. as a red and a scouser i find prejudice disgusting as i am often on the end of it.

There was, but when I read that I just thought 'it's lucky there were no Echo reporters on the Happy Als going to our away games, because the same shite happens on them'.
Exactly - every Birmingham or North London game!

It's nice to live in the 'We're the best fans and all Evertonians are vermin' bubble but lets face it, every club has an element.

Exactly - every Birmingham or North London game!

It's nice to live in the 'We're the best fans and all Evertonians are vermin' bubble but lets face it, every club has an element.

Spot on. A gobshite is a gobshite we have our fair share as well.

I know plenty of decent blues who are anti all that shite.

I have no idea what the answer is though.

The only answer is time. And education. And kicking them all in the bollocks, obviously.

Racism will always exist though. Someone grows up in a racist society or an area where racial tension is massive, they inherit racist views, then when they kids those views are passed on etc.

It'll take 100s of years before it's eventually stamped out.

The Kick racism out of football campaign doesn't really work either. It just silences the racists as they know if they shout abuse at a match they'll get a life ban. If they keep quiet for 90 minutes it doesn't mean they aren't thinking "black cunt/paki bastard" everytime they see a non-white. And I suppose it's the same in society in general. People might remain silent, but their views are still racist.

It's a horrible, depressing situation.

The only answer is time. And education. And kicking them all in the bollocks, obviously.

Racism will always exist though. Someone grows up in a racist society or an area where racial tension is massive, they inherit racist views, then when they kids those views are passed on etc.

It'll take 100s of years before it's eventually stamped out.

The Kick racism out of football campaign doesn't really work either. It just silences the racists as they know if they shout abuse at a match they'll get a life ban. If they keep quiet for 90 minutes it doesn't mean they aren't thinking "black cunt/paki bastard" everytime they see a non-white. And I suppose it's the same in society in general. People might remain silent, but their views are still racist.

It's a horrible, depressing situation.

Yes but the fact that these people now know to keep their views to themselves inside the ground is a massive step in the right direction.I well remember when racist chanting at Anfield was the norm and it wasn`t just a small minority either.

And to give these loudmouth idiots the benefit of the doubt, I`d like to think that most aren`t really true cross burning bigots and are just ignorant gobshites getting swept along by the pack mentality thing.Or maybe that`s just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Racism effects every club in the land and the simple fact of the matter is that in Liverpool,families are generally divided about whether they support red or blue.Now two of my brothers are Bluenoses.They were brought up in the same house as me,and were brought up to respect everybody regardless of colour or creed.They arent racists though they do have exceptionally bad taste.This is the same scenario for most Bluenoses.

as serious as i understand the issue to be, can i just question why the Bury fan didn't refer to the victims of this racist abuse as black, or coloured. Because personally i find it annoying in the extreme to read them called 'african american'. There is very little chance that they are african american, perhaps afro-carribean might be acceptable as it pretty much brackets the majority of black people, but if they aint from the states, they aint african americans.

i know this adds nothing to the debate about racism, but i hate americanisms creeping into our society.