You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gutted For Lil Luis

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAFA - WE WILL APPEAL RED CARD

Lee Brown 26 April 2006

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has said that they will appeal against referee Howard Webb's decision to send off Luis Garcia in the Reds' 2-1 victory over West Ham tonight.

Benitez has spoken to the referee after the game and he is hopeful that Luis may still make the Cup Final. He said 'The referee understands the situation and he has said he will watch the video again.

'It isn't easy for the referee, but the most important thing for me is that it wasn't a serious incident and both players have apologised to the referee and each other.

'We will wait and see what the referee's decision is after he has seen it again, but we will appeal because it is very hard for a player to miss a cup final after an incident like that. Luis is really disappointed and it is upto us to help him now.'

Speaking about the result, Rafa declared himself very happy with his side's performance. He said, 'It was always our plan to use Cisse on the left wing and it worked really well for us. Cisse did a good job tonight.

'I'm very happy with the result, but it means nothing in terms of the cup final because that will be a very different game.'

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152177060426-2250.htm

He'll be lucky. Can't believe Garcia has been so stupid. Feel sorry for Mullins too, Garcia was definitely the provocateur in this one - but Garcia will play in plenty of finals in the future, Mullins is probably missing his only chance.

Handbags at dawn, but Garcia had a few goes at him, culminating in a pretty snidey elbow in the back and a dive that would have shamed Arjen Robben.

Guest Momo Sissoko
He'll be lucky. Can't believe Garcia has been so stupid. Feel sorry for Mullins too, Garcia was definitely the provocateur in this one - but Garcia will play in plenty of finals in the future, Mullins is probably missing his only chance.

Handbags at dawn, but Garcia had a few goes at him, culminating in a pretty snidey elbow in the back and a dive that would have shamed Arjen Robben.

Not like you to take the side of the opposition...what's up?

I thought he got it because he went down like Ali had hit him and there was very little contact. He may be lucky and get it recinded but fuck sake lad stay on the pegs.

Sorry I hate cunts who go down for fuck all no matter what team - infact I hate it more when its a red.

I must be in the minority here then because I don't think what happened was a red card for either of them. Garcia threw his arm out like but it looked far worse in slow motion - it was a token gesture more than anything.

You see things like that every game but sometimes they totally miss and the player gets away with it. I'm not saying his behaviour was great like, but come on it's a mans game for crying out loud. You seriously trying to tell me that those two players deserved to leave the field of play for that little fracas?

The world has gone mad.

I must be in the minority here then because I don't think what happened was a red card for either of them. Garcia threw his arm out like but it looked far worse in slow motion - it was a token gesture more than anything.

You see things like that every game but sometimes they totally miss and the player gets away with it. I'm not saying his behaviour was great like, but come on it's a mans game for crying out loud. You seriously trying to tell me that those two players deserved to leave the field of play for that little fracas?

The world has gone mad.

Agreed, it was a dreadful decision for both sendings off. Should be rescinded but they wont be.

The world has gone mad.

I've just seen it for the first time. Neither should have got a red, but I do find it hard to feel too much sympathy for Luis after seeing him go down like he'd been shot. Not happy about that at all.

Guest Blakes 7

The world has gone mad.

The world has defo gone mad when a referee sends two players off for basically a skirmish, at 80 odd minutes knowing full well they will miss the FA cup final...does it say in the new ref rules that interepretations depending on circumstance are not allowed?

Ian it was the way Luis went down like a sack of shite that got to me mate. I think he made the situation worse for both of them.

I think if he had stayed up they would have been yellowed end of. He just in my eyes made it look a lot worse.

Ian it was the way Luis went down like a sack of shite that got to me mate. I think he made the situation worse for both of them.

I think if he had stayed up they would have been yellowed end of. He just in my eyes made it look a lot worse.

Yeah can see what you're saying like, but would be nice to see a bit of common sense from a referee for once. I always compare incidents to the ones I see when I play of a weekend - I know it's daft to like but it's only natural. A little skirmish like that happens every two mins when I play!

I was watching a derby from 1990 earlier as well, Steve McMahon would have been sent to jail nowadays after some of the things he did. It's meant to be a mans game, but I suppose rules are rules like.

Twas on the radio.

Did the boos have a resounding southern overtone to them? Could possibly have been the home fans booing cos he may have been taking his time?

I'm not sure like cos I wasn't there, but wouldn't want to make assumptions.