You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Foreign Teams

Street Preacher

Cardiff City- local team

My favorite foreign team is always going to be LFC. Ever seen the mighty mouse was on my telly, I’ll always have LFC as my favorite team.

I, as most in here, like attacking skills. So therefore teams like Ajax and PSV are also great teams for me. Brazilian players with everything you need as a player, like Zico and Socrates are always a pleasure to watch.

Barca has, always?, been looking good with tremendous skills by their players.

I can see why many put there vote on Italian team but I can’t. To me they play to much oriented on defense. 1-0 victory all over...

Teams with spirit, teams like Celtic, Rangers etc are always great to see.

If I put all I like, skills, attacking play, spirit, fans, and the sense of humor that follows, in a bottle and shake it, you will have LFC water coming out.

But I still hope for us to buy Ronaldinho from Barca :)

I’ve been a fan of him since I first saw his teeth.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers (because of my late father - he was a fan until he met my mum and watched the Reds just once. He adored Shankly).

AC Milan (the Dutch trio were an absolute joy to watch. I'd love to have seen the team of JB, Quasi and Steve McMahon against them. I reckon we'd have beaten them).

Queen of the South (Scotland is foreign and I have visions of a stadium in rolling hills. Probably a cow shed in a bog. ;))

Marseilles (early 90's they were a great team to watch - Desailly, Pele, Basille Boli ;))

Lyon (because of GH)

Borussia Moenchengladbach (obvious reasons - 1977)

Barcelona (I detest Real Madrid and they have stayed true to their principles - attacking football and no sponsors)

Valencia (because of Rafa)

Ajax (because of Rinus Michaels, Johan Cruyff and total football)

Linfield (got given a shirt years ago)

Real Sociedad (Aldo, Xabi and because Basques are like Scousers)

Juventus (used to like them because of Heysel, however their knobhead Ultra "fans" have turned me right off)

"Barcelona (I detest Real Madrid and they have stayed true to their principles - attacking football and no sponsors)"

If I recall correctly, weren't they negotiating a deal with Beijing 2008 as a shirt sponsor earlier in the year?

"Barcelona (I detest Real Madrid and they have stayed true to their principles - attacking football and no sponsors)"

If I recall correctly, weren't they negotiating a deal with Beijing 2008 as a shirt sponsor earlier in the year?

Don't think the deal has gone through yet. It was to promote the Beijing olympics.

Guest Brian Stewart

Finn Harps.

My dad was from County Donegal, and I love the place. Always look out for the results of Finn Harps as Donegal's only Eircom League team.

5-0 win against Longford today, but still in the Everton position in the Premier League.