You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Eventually it might all become too much of a burden for the US establishment if they become more isolated due to their support of this. If that happens they might be able to push for a peace deal that actually works. US politicians often like to preach about how they're the leaders of the free world and this clearly destroys that image and is going to be remembered for a long time so I don't think it's beyond possible that we'll actually see some decent change eventually.

It could easily go the other way as well where this carries on like it is doing but I'd rather hope for something better happening even if it might not seem realistic at the moment.

This is a powerful point. I saw an Egyptian comedian on piers Morgan make exactly this and it's true. The west (us and UK mainly) has had absolute damage done to it's claim to any moral authority by Israel In 3 weeks that will take years to recover from, if at all. Surely they can't just witness the destruction of all the Palestinians.

Based on the fact there is half a trillion of oil on Gaza and area c of the west bank which just so happens to be the part they want the most, my guess is that the 2 state solution they offer would be one that absolutely pillages the Palestinians economically to other people's evil benefit,  but gives them the semblance of a state. And that's the best case scenario. It's sickening 

7 minutes ago, etho said:

Ok but what if the majority of Welsh people weren't, less than 0.02 percent of them were, and they happened to be the ones who harboured those views and had the guns (let's not get into why they haboured those views to cloud the argument) And over  half the 2.2 million innocent welsh were children. We would go and wipe them out? What does that make us?

All hypothetical little point in this. You can see how rabid the English get over kids in an inflatable dinghy. imagine they were firing rockets.

If any people had a reason to be a bit touchy it would be the Jews. They have been hammered for centuries. Philosophically and physically. I am not prejudiced, I hate all religions equally but if someone was intent on eliminating me I would go in 1st.

24 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Eventually it might all become too much of a burden for the US establishment if they become more isolated due to their support of this. If that happens they might be able to push for a peace deal that actually works. US politicians often like to preach about how they're the leaders of the free world and this clearly destroys that image and is going to be remembered for a long time so I don't think it's beyond possible that we'll actually see some decent change eventually.

It could easily go the other way as well where this carries on like it is doing but I'd rather hope for something better happening even if it might not seem realistic at the moment.

Yep. This makes weak the whole narrative of the US being leaders of the Free World. The Russians and Chinese will be delighted with this. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

All hypothetical little point in this. You can see how rabid the English get over kids in an inflatable dinghy. imagine they were firing rockets.

If any people had a reason to be a bit touchy it would be the Jews. They have been hammered for centuries. Philosophically and physically. I am not prejudiced, I hate all religions equally but if someone was intent on eliminating me I would go in 1st.

You're misunderstanding that this is about religion, and you're imagining this population which is 'intent on wiping out the jews'. The majority of the Palestinians want basic human rights, not the destruction of all Jewish people 

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

People underestimate the military power of the US.

It is the rest of the world combined x2 in terms of hardware and resources, political support and public backing. No one can touch them. Politics, money, influence and power. 

Paris has more coppers than we have troops.

Show me your evidence. 

1 minute ago, etho said:

You're misunderstanding that this is about religion, and you're imagining this population which is 'intent on wiping out the jews'. The majority of the Palestinians want basic human rights, not the destruction of all Jewish people 

As long as a proportion of the population want you gone  applies to all.

I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

People underestimate the military power of the US.

It is the rest of the world combined x2 in terms of hardware and resources, political support and public backing. No one can touch them. Politics, money, influence and power. 

Paris has more coppers than we have troops.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Show me your evidence. 

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Paris 2024 to deploy 30,000 police a day after Liverpool Champions League final chaos

French government officials have pledged to ensure fan safety at the Olympics in 2024 after thousands of Liverpool fans were put at risk at the Stade de France in May

Please tell me this isn't your evidence to your claim that Paris has more Police than we have troops. 

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah but Saudis can't protest? 

Saudi Arabia is an autocracy that bans all kinds of street protests. There has been no protests for Ukraine or Palestine. They have never pretended otherwise. 

But there has been wide support through fundraising and public condemnation.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20231102-amid-hushed-talk-of-war-saudi-fundraises-for-gaza

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/02/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-gaza-aid-fundraiser.html

https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/636606/SAUDI-ARABIA/Saudi-Crown-Prince-affirms-unwavering-support-for-Palestinian-legitimate-rights

https://www.ft.com/content/29383ce8-4d62-4957-a0b5-cf1970d3ceee

https://english.aawsat.com/home/article/1283416/saudi-aid-palestine-amounts-6-billion-17-years

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

4 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Hamas Covenant. Not sure how you negotiate with this.

The Covenant proclaims that Israel will exist until Islam obliterates it, and jihad against Jews is required until Judgement Day. Compromise over the land is forbidden. The documents promote holy war as divinely ordained, reject political solutions, and call for instilling these views in children.

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

How can you negotiate with someone whose whole reason for life is is your destruction?

You don’t. You stop propping them up (like Netanyahu does), and you negotiate with the Palestinian authority that represents the Palestinian people. You know, the one that sends ambassadors to London …

You sign the 2002 Arab peace proposal and Hamas disappears the same day.

Just now, Jurgen Knows said:

You don’t. You stop propping them up like Netanyahu does, and you negotiate with the Palestinian authority that represents the Palestinian people. You know, the one that sends ambassadors to London …

Fuck off. While firing rockets.

I've no time for Israel, they are horrible bastards, but don't give me the poor Hamas shite. You are just as bad. I'd get rid of the lot of you and make a peaceful world.

4 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Stop being a tit. You know the point I was making. random images mean nothing without the context  in which they were taken. We all know the Israelis are acting like maniacs  not sure who you are trying to convince. Again and again.

I’m not trying to convince anyone. I just like to share the truth. Again and again.

2 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I’m not trying to convince anyone. I just like to share the truth. Again and again.

Your version of the truth.

Whilst I will not deny you have the moral upper hand here, considering the despicable acts of the Jewish State, your failure to accept any responsibility, and in fact blame Israel for concocting this whole thing is palpable of your bias and fundamental unworthiness of dialogue.

You are as much a cause of this as they are.

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Your version of the truth.

Whilst I will not deny you have the moral upper hand here, considering the despicable acts of the Jewish State, your failure to accept any responsibility, and in fact blame Israel for concocting this whole thing is palpable of your bias and fundamental unworthiness of dialogue.

You are as much a cause of this as they are.

Yes. I’m a horrible horrible man.

1 hour ago, etho said:

Based on the fact there is half a trillion of oil on Gaza and area c of the west bank which just so happens to be the part they want the most, my guess is that the 2 state solution they offer would be one that absolutely pillages the Palestinians economically to other people's evil benefit,  but gives them the semblance of a state. And that's the best case scenario. It's sickening 

I was thinking more of if the US are genuinely worn down by it all, if that happens they might be able to urge the Israeli gov to go for a real peace deal that works, maybe on the condition that Hamas disband and another gov is elected by Palestinians. Hamas aren't going to easily go for that though as we know so they're going to have to try and agree on something that isn't completely in favour of Israel. It'll be hard for either side to have any trust after decades of fighting and all of the hatred that's been stirred up but maybe if they spend enough time trying to work something out there's chance they'll manage it.

There's no real sign of this even happening though at the moment so maybe what you're saying will turn out to be more accurate instead. No idea how anything is resolved if that ends up being the case.