You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blue Cards = Sin bins introduced to football.

As someone who isn't necessarily against the idea I do wonder what's to stop a player committing a blue card offence with say 3 minutes to go. I guess the same as a yellow card offence 

19 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yep this is my last season definitely after this news. Its just totally gone to the dogs

It's only a trial, UEFA for one are dead against it according to the same article so hang in there buddy 

Worst part of this is going to be the constant commentary waffling on about it for the entirety of every single game. 

If there was set in stone objective rules for when the blue card comes out then I'm maybe for it, but if it in any way has influence from the referees opinions in the moment then it can get fucked. Can't think of many reasons why they think it would be a good thing to bring in to a match. 

There's been a few times where 2 soft yellows have ended up with a player sent off which is overkill.

Professional foul? Not considered a dangerous play but it causes an unfair advantage. 

Dissent? It's obvious the refs are a bit soft and don't like being told off

Diving? It's not a foul so shouldn't be carded as one. 

Any other reasons? 

Right. Listen lads.  Let’s win the fucking lot & send Jurgen off in style so we can all fuck this ‘game’ off for good & do something more productive with our time.

fucking blue cards? Get to fuck! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

As someone who isn't necessarily against the idea I do wonder what's to stop a player committing a blue card offence with say 3 minutes to go. I guess the same as a yellow card offence 

210 Laurel and Hardy ideas | laurel and hardy, stan laurel oliver hardy, stan  laurel

To clarify: if a player is judged to have made a blue card offence without the time remaining to serve a blue card, he or she will be given a yellow card. If a player is judged to have made a blue card offence because he or she has consciously calculated that, without the requisite time remaining to serve it, a yellow card will be given, a red card will be given. The referee will be given the additional authority, if he or she feels the conditions are right to use it, to give a player a blue, yellow and red card simultaneously for trying to wreck the coherence of the new system, and these cards will be served simultaneously by said player by sitting for six hours in the sin bin with no toilet breaks and only the occasional squirt of water. I trust that clears the matter up.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yep this is my last season definitely after this news. Its just totally gone to the dogs

I'm 100% behind this decision. 

40 minutes ago, beejay said:

It's only a trial, UEFA for one are dead against it according to the same article so hang in there buddy 

Shhh

19 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

210 Laurel and Hardy ideas | laurel and hardy, stan laurel oliver hardy, stan  laurel

To clarify: if a player is judged to have made a blue card offence without the time remaining to serve a blue card, he or she will be given a yellow card. If a player is judged to have made a blue card offence because he or she has consciously calculated that, without the requisite time remaining to serve it, a yellow card will be given, a red card will be given. The referee will be given the additional authority, if he or she feels the conditions are right to use it, to give a player a blue, yellow and red card simultaneously for trying to wreck the coherence of the new system, and these cards will be served simultaneously by said player by sitting for six hours in the sin bin with no toilet breaks and only the occasional squirt of water. I trust that clears the matter up.

What a load of incoherent bollocks. Are they trying to turn the game into fuckin' Golf!

Much like with VAR, the implementation of it and the people tasked with its implementation are going to be the problem. They have sin bins in rugby, and the side a man down just try to batten down the hatches and slow the game down.

More importantly, it's another colour of card that Rodri will somehow avoid no matter what he does!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

My lad plays at step 6 and was blue carded last satdee for suggesting the referee had erred in giving the opposition a penalty.

i was to far away to hear the exact language

But seeing as this season they've deemed questioning refs is a yellow card offence, they're now basically suggesting that it's not really a yellow card offence. It's just how officials behave when they realise they're losing control of a situation but want to claim they're taking charge - like suddenly deciding it's fine for cyclists to ride side by side so they can have a good old natter in the road after failing to stop them having a good old natter in the road. I suspect blue cards are mainly being pushed so it's one more TV topic to justify the investment - more stuff to cover and comment on, more debate, more hype.

14 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

What’s to stop the game turning into an ugly spectacle of the punished team just booting the ball out of play whenever they get it and are down to 10 and not playing any proper football at all until they’re back to a full 11 players? 

That's the first thing I thought. Teams like Newcastle and Everton will make a game even more unwatchable given the time Guimaraes and Tarkowski are likely to spend off the pitch.

14 hours ago, beejay said:

FIFA aren't keen, either.

It's a bollocks idea and more proof that IFAB need to get in the sea. (Or the loch; their next meeting is at Loch Lomond. Maybe Mook could nip over there to arrange a little "accident".)