You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deathpool 2024

2 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I'm properly a bit gutted to be honest.

RIP bid D'.

I warmed to him more than Si King who often seemed to come over a bit ‘try too hard’.  I then saw him recently on tv speaking at a rally against some cuts and my opinion of him changed hugely 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Champ said:

I warmed to him more than Si King who often seemed to come over a bit ‘try too hard’.  I then saw him recently on tv speaking at a rally against some cuts and my opinion of him changed hugely 

Yeah he's a good guy too. Very likeable. He'll be lost now without Dave. 

15 minutes ago, Champ said:

Si King has spoken about how hard he finds it to present and that he suffers from anxiety, and how Dave Myers pushed him to be able to do it. I think that's what it's down to.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Awwwww, Tony Green from Bullseye has passed. 

He’s reunited with his old pal, Jim Bowen. Were they close enough to get buried together INNNNNNNNN ONNNNNNNNNE grave?

Ah shite, sad that, one of the last vestiges of Sunday teatime TV gone.

"Listen to Tony", fuck knows why, seemed a nice fella though.

One of my brothers in law is called Tony Green, he must have shit himself when he saw that headline.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Ah shite, sad that, one of the last vestiges of Sunday teatime TV gone.

"Listen to Tony", fuck knows why, seemed a nice fella though.

One of my brothers in law is called Tony Green, he must have shit himself when he saw that headline.

Hardly Sarah Connor stuff yet 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

True, but if another Tony Green goes in the next 12 hours I'll be telling him to head for the hills.

Sad to see he had Alzheimer's, fuck that disease.

I know mate. I took my dad to the memory clinic on Friday. He’s been having a bit of trouble lately. Nothing major but better to get it looked at right away. Still awful sat there with him having to answer basic questions. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know mate. I took my dad to the memory clinic on Friday. He’s been having a bit of trouble lately. Nothing major but better to get it looked at right away. Still awful sat there with him having to answer basic questions. 

Hope he's OK bud. Having seen what happened to my ma and her sisters it scares the shite out of me.

Any time I have a bit of a brain fart now I have myself convinced it's the beginning of the end.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Hope he's OK bud. Having seen what happened to my ma and her sisters it scares the shite out of me.

Any time I have a bit of a brain fart now I have myself convinced it's the beginning of the end.

She asked if he’s ever locked himself out and he started taking about when he thought he’d forgot his keys and got half way down the road, walked back and they were in his hand. Turned out this was about 10 years ago and simply as you say “a brain fart” haha 

But yeah, her nan is fully gone now although is in her 90s and it’s horrible. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She asked if he’s ever locked himself out and he started taking about when he thought he’d forgot his keys and got half way down the road, walked back and they were in his hand. Turned out this was about 10 years ago and simply as you say “a brain fart” haha 

But yeah, her nan is fully gone now although is in her 90s and it’s horrible. 

They're like babies at the end, truly awful.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hopefully it’s nothing but age related mate but if it gets worse don’t take no shit from them and demand to get him on the meds from day 1.

Father in law got it and the speed he deteriorated was unbelievable. Weight dropped off him, teeth were falling out and despite smoking a suitcase of bifters a month forgot he ever smoked. 

His GP dismissed him after doing the basic test as he breezed it so they said they’d look again in 6 months. My bird was fuming and said do the proper test. This one asks you things like draw a circle then a square inside it and he couldn’t put the pen to the paper.

The next day she was off work and watching the telly and as luck would have it, the paper review was on and they were saying the NHS are deliberately delaying diagnosis till it’s too late for the meds.

She got him on them the next day after a morning threatening legal action and he lasted another 3 years. Doubt we’d have got 3 months otherwise. 

Good luck with him 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Hopefully it’s nothing but age related mate but if it gets worse don’t take no shit from them and demand to get him on the meds from day 1.

Father in law got it and the speed he deteriorated was unbelievable. Weight dropped off him, teeth were falling out and despite smoking a suitcase of bifters a month forgot he ever smoked. 

His GP dismissed him after doing the basic test as he breezed it so they said they’d look again in 6 months. My bird was fuming and said do the proper test. This one asks you things like draw a circle then a square inside it and he couldn’t put the pen to the paper.

The next day she was off work and watching the telly and as luck would have it, the paper review was on and they were saying the NHS are deliberately delaying diagnosis till it’s too late for the meds.

She got him on them the next day after a morning threatening legal action and he lasted another 3 years. Doubt we’d have got 3 months otherwise. 

Good luck with him 

Sorry to hear that mate. X

Yes I will make sure he gets everything sorted pronto. Bastard disease 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Karl Wallinger at 66.

World Party (Ship of Fools)

but for me as part of The Waterboys.

RIP

Sad news. Don't claim to know too much about him but I knew of him from World Party, I was only singing along to Is it like today in the car a few days ago.

Think he also wrote some of Robbie Williams' hits.

Edit. Correction. Williams covered She's the One.

• Upvote 1