You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Taylor Swift at Anfield

Bob

59 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Not if my life depended on it mate. Absolutely no idea what she looks like or anything else about her. 

Skinny white lass with a pert arse who sang "Shake It Off" years ago and (presumably) lots of other stuff since, and who has somehow become Queen of the World and chief irritant of some of the worst people on the planet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

While I have obviously heard of her,who hasn't? I don't know a single song. She seems to be a bit Marmite across the older age groups. 

I think - surely - everyone knows a few things about her

• she's an American singer

• she's massive and currently on one of the most successful tours by anyone, ever

• there's a long-running joke about her writing songs about her exes

• there's another long-running joke about the vengeful fury of her global army of online fans

• she sang "Shake It Off", which gave rise to the "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate" meme

• she's currently dating some NFL player

• she boils MAGA piss, for some reason 

The word "ubiquitous" has already been mentioned.  If you've used any media or interacted with humans in any way in the last few years, you will have come across plenty of references to her; which is why I think the "Never heard of the cunt" line is a wee bit hyperbolic.

I've got an 11 year old daughter and I'm delighted that we can choose to listen to good pop music together because of the existence of Taylor Swift, rather than almost anything else she likes to listen to.

She does my head in but if she's winding up the MAGA dickheads then you go girl! (Randomly Shake it off has just been on Radio 2) 

dance-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%

The worry is that I wouldn't put it past some Trump mega-fan to shoot up one of her gigs so if Turdseye starts asking for spares for Anfield give it a swerve 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

• she's massive and currently on one of the most successful tours by anyone, ever

• there's another long-running joke about the vengeful fury of her global army of online fans

• she sang "Shake It Off", which gave rise to the "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate" meme

The word "ubiquitous" has already been mentioned.  If you've used any media or interacted with humans in any way in the last few years, you will have come across plenty of references to her; which is why I think the "Never heard of the cunt" line is a wee bit hyperbolic.

In Melbourne at the MCG this weekend fuckin all over the telly and radio . They even tracked her flight here.

On 06/07/2023 at 12:04, Mook said:

She's got nice legs but there's something really annoying about her face.

I can see why people find her attractive but she wouldn't be very high on my list of celebrities to have it off with.

When the lights go up at the Grafton at 2:00 and those other women haven't shown up, you'd share a bag of chips and a taxi home with Taylor.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

She's a very successful US singer.I only recently knew about the NFL player due to Steven Colbert and the Superbowl. I'm sure she has plenty of awards too,an educated guess. I've heard snippets of her music but it's certainly not for me. 

Due to the appalling bias of the media and the internet allowing people to focus on what they enjoy rather than topping themselves there will still be a fair few people who know less about her than me as well. Very much in the same way that Rick Wakeman described a meeting with a young fan some years ago. The fan,who was a lad  about 16/17,asked him to sign an album from back in the 70s and Wakeman dismissively said something like ' God this is old music' and the young man replied 'Well it's new to me!' Ditto The Beatles,Stones,The Who etc.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I've got an 11 year old daughter and I'm delighted that we can choose to listen to good pop music together because of the existence of Taylor Swift, rather than almost anything else she likes to listen to.

Fuck that. Turdette gets musical education by listening to my songs. Blinded By The Lights by The Streets came on in the car yesterday (one for @Champ) and I explained to the kid what Ecstasy was. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fuck that. Turdette gets musical education by listening to my songs. Blinded By The Lights by The Streets came on in the car yesterday (one for @Champ) and I explained to the kid what Ecstasy was. 

I’ve haven’t played it in a while. I’m going to put it on right now

Ubiquitous is the right word.

If you’re buying match tickets or on the club’s website, she’s there; if you’re reading presidential coverage, she’s there; if you’re on Amazon prime, she’s there and if you go to the cinema, she’s there, too.

I couldn’t name any of her songs, but avoiding her name or face is very difficult.

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

All power to you, but I started to lose that battle about 5 years ago.

19 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Ubiquitous is the right word.

If you’re buying match tickets or on the club’s website, she’s there; if you’re reading presidential coverage, she’s there; if you’re on Amazon prime, she’s there and if you go to the cinema, she’s there, too.

I couldn’t name any of her songs, but avoiding her name or face is very difficult.

"Taylor. Taylor. Taylor."

As one who's musical interests finished sometime in the 80s, I haven't the foggiest idea what her music is. I have read that she makes sizeable donations to food banks/homeless charities everywhere she plays ( sizeable for me, equivalent to loose change for her), is very anti Trump and exhorts her fans to register and vote against the MAGA numpties, so she's OK in my book.