You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seriously though, I think I might clock off of top flight football for a while after this season. Maybe I’ll still follow us in the CL assuming City don’t start to dominate that too, but there’s no fun in the domestic game, and I’ve had enough of the creepy obsequiousness with which the media treat the Tories, so I could do without that sort of thing extending to a cheating football club.

There are some sixth / seventh tier sides near where I live so maybe I’ll pay more attention to them during the detox.

Ordinary stuff from both sides. One swing of the boot - and a bit of shite goalkeeping - settles quite an ordinary game. That's what's makes Liverpool such an attraction: dazzling, unpredictable, sometimes chaotic, often brilliant but never ordinary. We'll be City's closest challengers from now on and the league still has a lot of games left. Yet, whatever the outcome, we're the team to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

Ordinary stuff from both sides. One swing of the boot - and a bit of shite goalkeeping - settles quite an ordinary game. That's what's makes Liverpool such an attraction: dazzling, unpredictable, sometimes chaotic, often brilliant but never ordinary. We'll be City's closest challengers from now on and the league still has a lot of games left. Yet, whatever the outcome, we're the team to watch.

I would agree insomuch I couldn't watch games like that week in week out.  Life's too short. 

Not sure there is that much life in this seasons title race mind you. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Cry all you want about what they spend but at least they buy players who know what they’re doing. Can you imagine Pep keeping faith year on year with shite like Henderson, ox, Kieta & Firmino etc. They wouldn’t get on his bench

Not sure you can separate your first point from your second there. Do you honestly think Klopp would still be bringing Ox off the bench if he had unlimited funds?

It's the equivalent of Stephen Hendry, Pete Sampras, or Michael Schumacher, all facing opponents each game who have had half as much sleep as them. 

I don't want FSG to spend more money, I don't want to be spoken about in the same circles as these graceless, shameless bellends. I'd honestly shut the fucking curtains if they were playing at the bottom of my garden. Not only do I find them morally offensive, I find them fucking boring to watch.  

I genuinely think they're a piss poor effort at doing what the oil shaggers wanted, which was to recreate the great Barca team and how people were enthralled by them, albeit with a Mansour badge on it.  Not happened. It's a poor imitation, a very pale comparison, much like the shirt colour, with nothing like the look or feel of the Camp Nou.  

If we did a pay per view comparison, each club in the division, we'd still be streets ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Cry all you want about what they spend but at least they buy players who know what they’re doing. Can you imagine Pep keeping faith year on year with shite like Henderson, ox, Kieta & Firmino etc. They wouldn’t get on his bench

Yes we got only ourselves to blame the bigger question is what do FSG see us competing with City going forward they got so much to sort out not least Salah contract

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not sure you can separate your first point from your second there. Do you honestly think Klopp would still be bringing Ox off the bench if he had unlimited funds?

Yes you can. Pep would have had them punted in no time. We buy and tolerate absolute shite

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Both things can be true. Even if we spent another £100m net we’d be nowhere near City’s spend, and there’s still be this no room for error scenario which has made the Premier League such a disaster of a spectacle.

Just now, s(k)aturation said:

I certainly won't.

Mind you, I'll probably find it just as hard to give a fuck finishing 15 or 20 points behind them playing "the more attractive football".

Yes, likewise.

I don't have much interest in winning the "We didn't surround the referee" cup.

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Both things can be true. Even if we spent another £100m net we’d be nowhere near City’s spend, and there’s still be this no room for error scenario which has made the Premier League such a disaster of a spectacle.

City are always gonna be getting hit with a massive sales tax no matter who they buy. Who’d ever heard of Diaz and the others brought in from Europe the last couple of years. We buy squad players with terrible injury histories while they buy solid players who can do their job. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They'll win the league by 15-20 points and no-one will give a fuck.

You do have to applaud them, in my view.

Ourselves and Chelsea are 2 of the top 5 teams and they bossed us both on our home patch.

Yeah having an incredible amount of money is a huge advantage, but Pep is a real football manager and we need him to leave; otherwise any success we have can only be sporadic.

Just now, Red74 said:

Yes you can. Pep would have had them punted in no time. We buy and tolerate absolute shite

Don’t get your point really. Guardiola doesn’t have to persevere with duds but Klopp often does. What could we do to fix things with the £20m we might have received for Keita this month, if any club was foolish enough to buy him? City would just sell him regardless and buy somebody else for £65m. 

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

City are always gonna be getting hit with a massive sales tax no matter who they buy. Who’d ever heard of Diaz and the others brought in from Europe the last couple of years. We buy squad players with terrible injury histories while they buy solid players who can do their job. 

Most people had heard of Ruben Dias, mate. He was playing for Benfica, not Wycombe.

• Upvote 1