You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (A) Champions League 1/5/19

Bjornebye

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit to the narrative and give in"

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

To be fair if we beat them, the media will start telling us they are shit.

True. There’s no faster way to go from ace to shit than playing Liverpool and being beaten.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Mad how many people I know who are dismissive of Barca. 

Totally agree they're the one side that could do to us what we did to Roma last season and end the tie in the first leg.

If we are still in this after tonight I'll be happy and by that I mean with an away goal and not two goals behind

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah. I’ve developed an irrational hatred of the word. Keep seeing it used everywhere at the moment.

I wish you’d stop pushing the narrative of an angry arl arse annoyed by everything...

Edit: You’re not fountain guy are you? That man has a smartphone, not a Basic 2005 Nokia. Into the fountain with him!

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit to the narrative and give in"

Interestingly (or not), Bastia is a city in Napoleon's Corsica - and the name was based on the word bastion (fortification).

Shanks' metaphor was spot on.

Naturellement. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

Interestingly (or not), Bastia is a city in Napoleon's Corsica - and the name was based on the word bastion (fortification).

Shanks' metaphor was spot on.

Naturellement. 

I visited Napoleon's house of exile on Elba - luxury lodgings on an absolutely beautiful island. His persecutors will have been disappointed when they look back at that.

A lad on Twitter said that one of the blokes this idiot pushed into the fountain was his mate, one of our fans. Apparently a few lads did go over and have a word with this bellend. Too late though, damage done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I visited Napoleon's house of exile on Elba - luxury lodgings on an absolutely beautiful island. His persecutors will have been disappointed when they look back at that.

In fairness, he did well enough to be a comfortably superannuated old fart.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

A lad on Twitter said that one of the blokes this idiot pushed into the fountain was his mate, one of our fans. Apparently a few lads did go over and have a word with this bellend. Too late though, damage done.

I hate the way this is a "big thing".  I blame cunting twitter. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

When I've been to Europe with the Reds in the past I've found it very simple to have fun, have a drink, enjoy myself without being an obnoxious, disrespectful, disruptive, inflammatory prick. 

It's pretty simple when you think about it, isn't it?

Get pissed, have fun.

No further shit necessary.

• Upvote 2

The way football fans deal with things like this is so ridiculous - amazes me very time.

There are cunts in every walk of life but the obsession with labelling/blaming/abusing an entire fanbase when the minority does something wrong is insane.

All clubs do it but it is so tribal and so weird.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

When I've been to Europe with the Reds in the past I've found it very simple to have fun, have a drink, enjoy myself without being an obnoxious, disrespectful, disruptive, inflammatory prick. 

Hey, maybe I've been doing it all wrong? 

It’s ok CD you make up for it on here ;)

• Upvote 1