You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One slight concern for England is that of the 7 goals they've scored so far, 6 have been sent pieces/pens! Bit pedantic and both teams they've played are vulnerable to set pieces but still. A few more open play goals would calm the nerves of Southgate.

That's true of the entire tournament though, last time I checked it was between 70-80% of goals scored had been from set pieces. So I'm not too worried, we're just following the trend.

Possibly because of VAR, more free kicks/pens being given, and defenders not being able to get away with the usual fuckery in the box, so they're losing their man in dangerous areas during corners/free kicks.

Just realise that germany fucking up their group probably means Germany vs Brazil in the next round. That should be good

Should be good for Germany anyway. Hope the Germans win 7-1 again, with Firmino scoring the goal of the tournament.

There’s a video doing the rounds on twitter that’s apparently Allardyce watching the England game in a pub on his own eating a Big Mac he’s brought in with him.

Just googled it and it seems to be him. Beyond parody.

The burger never stood a chance.

Nothing to do with being 'trendy' I despise them as much as so many of the people who follow them despise us.

Remember each week all the twats who sing murderers at us, always the victim, sign on etc and call us dippers, victims, grief junkies etc and buy that vile rag the s*n are the same twats who are jumping up and down in ale houses all over the country today - i want no part of standing for the same cause as them.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes....

I follow both the reds and my country. Reds first obviously! I buzz off the England setup, as shit as it is. I was born in Liverpool. That’s it really.

There’s a video doing the rounds on twitter that’s apparently Allardyce watching the England game in a pub on his own eating a Big Mac he’s brought in with him.

"England manager, eh? I was England manager. Six months, man and boy. Hardest game in the world, that is."