You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Done Deal.

Corey Whelan has joined Yeovil on loan for the remainder of the season.

Offal

Liverpool can confirm Corey Whelan has joined Yeovil Town on loan for the remainder of the 2017-18 season.

The Reds U23s captain will spend the rest of the current campaign with the League Two club after finalising the deal today.

Whelan, a Republic of Ireland U21 international, signed a new contract with Liverpool in December shortly after celebrating his 20th birthday.

He initially joined the club at U10 level from Crewe Alexandra and has progressed through the Academy ranks.

Whelan was handed the U23s armband by manager Neil Critchley at the beginning of the current season.

No idea who the fuck Miguel Delaney is, so that's in all likelihood pure bullshit. Probably just been scouring around lfc forums to come up with some names. But, as he used 'monitored' there you go:

Liverpool make transfer plans for Philippe Coutinho's departure with Thomas Lemar and Riyad Mahrez targets, as well as a new goalkeeper with Oblak, Alison and Butland monitored (Miguel Delaney) (independent.co.uk)  

That all sounded great, until I got to Butland. It's going to be Butland, isn't it?

My favourite ITK's, of all ITK's, are the Spurscommunity ITK's. So earnest (the Goat refers to himself in the third person) and yet so often completely wrong.  Anyway, the latest from Hercules.....

Part 1 

I have just received some snippets information. Poch wants RB badly, against any ‘wait until summer Ross’. He has waited until January, and reason he did not go chavs. If we are saying same again he WILL sign for chavs now.

Goons favourites for Zaha in summer, if we don’t firm up agreement with Parish for then. He will not desert them in January, unless Palace pushes him; which they won’t. We cocked up in the summer when we had our chance. He has a clause to be allowed to talk to top clubs of fee is in excess of ******million. He would decide what he wants to do. His gang feel we did not treat talks with the respect and seriousness, as would be expected, and if the other lot came in he would likely go there.

RS, we have verbal agreement in place for summer. We want to deal now, and take him, with his brother staying until summer. Fulham want him (RS) to stay and push for possible play-offs. We want him (if we agree) to train 60-70% of the time with us if we agree such deals. Sess has already met Poch in summer, more than once.

Danny Rose feeling loved, and made up. Not a certainty he will go. May change if we fall off out of Top 4. Dier is ambitious, and do not be so confident we would not ‘consider’ if very good offer came in. Regarding Toby, it is not really about the money, as indications were in summer his team had all but agreed our offer. He wants to win trophies, and not wait 2 years to realise that. New stadium means nothing.

We have first option on Kluivert of Ajax, and couple more players interest us in Holland, with another also at Ajax.

We have 100% not bid for Malcom, and personally, from the vibes I am hearing, he is not our first choice. Poch has good relationships with peeps of Mahrez, and they have been pushing him in our direction. Doubt we will deal at fees it is believed Leicester would want.

Trippier won’t go in January, but possible in summer. KWP wants a loan, Poch wants him to stay, learn and fight. He believes he is not getting fair chances, and one of best trainers, always impressing. We have hinted we want to revisit his recent contract with a new one. He wants to wait and see.

Marcus very happy, but may want a loan. Poch does not believe it would do him good. He has 2 years after this, with option on another year. Poch speaks to him a lot, and Marcus is bulking up, and desperate to convince to even earn a bench place. You can understand his enthusiasm, and impatience a bit. He would not be human otherwise. He is very ambitious, and convinced in his own ability, without being cocky.

GKN will go on loan, or sold. VJ is done here. Sissoko going nowhere. He has impressed everybody with his turn around.

Back Poch is my advice!

Part 2

Want to add, something I just realised I did not put in my post. I am sure, and believe that is where Poch is going with ‘get deals agreed quick...’

We WILL be spending big, not in the regions of citeh and chavs. We have eyes on some key big targets, if they can be done. Again; whilst I 99.99% do not believe this one will happen. RM are talking to us about Bale, and Modric wants to come back. I highly doubt either will happen, but more RM pushing, especially Bale.

We want to make a statement to ALL on moving into our stadium, along with sponsors etc. And on that note, we are prrry covered with big parties tendering their offers, along with a certain shirt sponsor. NFL especially is prepared to throw money at us, beyond 2 games, which in turn has got US sponsors falling over themselves. Asian market wants to join sponsorships as well.

Poch wants to be on par with scoucers in the forward alternative department, and a priority of his. I personally doubt Toby will be sold in summer, unless a crazy bid from a certain popular club is received. If-big if! He is sold, we will bring someone in from overseas, as UK market has inflated market for average players, much less ones we would want, like Mawson.

Please folks, stop using with no knowledge our financial restrictions, due to new stadium. COYS

Part 3

Whilst I feel pissed that RB fell through, as we will not deal until summer, for reasons will not share. Rest assured that there is a player all but tied up in similar position, that is likely to cost a good few bob, for summer transfer.

I am told that if we had a choice, everyone would opt for this player. No hints as do not want it to go viral. We are very keen on someone from Watford. No hard guesses there, but summer. Let’s wait before we start shooting our Daniel.

My favourite ITK's, of all ITK's, are the Spurscommunity ITK's. So earnest (the Goat refers to himself in the third person) and yet so often completely wrong.  Anyway, the latest from Hercules.....

Well he's partly right about the NFL stuff and spending restrictions. His stuff about Pochettino is bollocks. They are pushing for Sessegnon though, but thats in the public domain.

No idea who the fuck Miguel Delaney is, so that's in all likelihood pure bullshit. Probably just been scouring around lfc forums to come up with some names. But, as he used 'monitored' there you go:

Liverpool make transfer plans for Philippe Coutinho's departure with Thomas Lemar and Riyad Mahrez targets, as well as a new goalkeeper with Oblak, Alison and Butland monitored (Miguel Delaney) (independent.co.uk)  

Oblak would a brilliant signing but arnt real madrid after him ?

REDS MAKE SUAREZ ENQUIRY

Liverpool have enquired about the availability of Luis Suarez as Philippe Coutinho looks set to leave Anfield for Barcelona in the current window, Spanish outlet Don Balon reports.

With fees of £140m and above being touted for the Brazil midfielder, the Reds are looking to reinvest the money and have reportedly asked about the Uruguay striker, who left Liverpool for Spain in 2014.

REDS MAKE SUAREZ ENQUIRY

Liverpool have enquired about the availability of Luis Suarez as Philippe Coutinho looks set to leave Anfield for Barcelona in the current window, Spanish outlet Don Balon reports.

With fees of £140m and above being touted for the Brazil midfielder, the Reds are looking to reinvest the money and have reportedly asked about the Uruguay striker, who left Liverpool for Spain in 2014.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

REDS MAKE SUAREZ ENQUIRY

Too good to be true Shirley

Mahrez not in the starting line-up for today's Leicester side. Not even on the bench.

Let the discussion begin.

I'd take him. He's a good, creative and decently quick player. I also want Lemar though. But I guess we're only going for ONE replacement for Coutinho - not two. Or...?

Mahrez not in the starting line-up for today's Leicester side. Not even on the bench.

I'd take him. He's a good, creative and decently quick player. I also want Lemar though. But I guess we're only going for ONE replacement for Coutinho - not two. Or...?

They will just say they are resting him cause it’s Fleetwood Town

Mahrez isn’t near good enough to replace Coutinho. I wanted him to play in the summer, to play in our front three.. now that we’ve got Salah breaking records left right and centre we no longer have any need for Mahrez. To replace Coutinho, we need someone to who could play in midfield too and pull the strings.

Twatter sez that Mahrez is done pending medical.

Tbh I think Klopp could work wonders with the lad in that deeper Coutinho / creative midfield role, and I'm certain that we'll be bringing in a big name in the summer too.

Coutinho's been great for us, but it's time to cash in and get rid, his pet lip and ghostly back injuries are just taking the piss and souring what Klopp's building. Just a real shame that it seems he's leaving this window.

Still, fuck him. Onwards and upwards Reds.

• Upvote 3

Mahrez isn’t near good enough to replace Coutinho. I wanted him to play in the summer, to play in our front three.. now that we’ve got Salah breaking records left right and centre we no longer have any need for Mahrez. To replace Coutinho, we need someone to who could play in midfield too and pull the strings.

Or Klopp shifts the formation at times to a 4-2-3-1 and Mahrez-Mane-Salah-Firmino interchange in the attacking spots

Also means we can test the wide players