You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom 0 Liverpool 1 (Apr 16 2017)

tlw content

westbromreport2.jpg

Winning at Stoke and West Brom in consecutive weeks… what the hell kind of sorcery is this? To be fair, last week wasn’t exactly convincing and could have gone either way, but this one was quite impressive in a lot of ways. A second goal would have capped off the day nicely, but then there’s something perversely sweet about a 1-0 win over Pulis with the goal coming via a set-piece. Have some of that you chav looking, alehouse playing baldy get. 

I don’t mind West Brom as a club but I hate this team just because they absolutely reek of Pulis. They’re horrible to play against and the first half was the perfect illustration of why I can’t wait until Pulis and his Jurassic era style of ‘football’ go the same way as the T-Rex. They’ve got some good players but it’s still mostly all about set-pieces and keeping men behind the ball. The only time the full backs cross the halfway line is for set-pieces, it’s just completely grim to watch. 

I actually thought we did ok in the first half but ok is not going to cut it because it’s so difficult to get in behind them. At one point Firmino nicked the ball high up the pitch - which would usually mean a two v two or three v three break - but they still had six or seven players back.

Because of how they play the first goal is usually vital. If they get it they just retreat even deeper, but if you get it then it means that… actually it doesn’t make any difference to how they play as they’ll happily sit on a 0-1 until 80 minutes before they’ll finally have a go. Thankfully we got that first goal.

Naturally, it didn’t tempt West Brom into coming out of their own half, but it certainly took some of the pressure of our lads and they looked more relaxed and confident in the second half. In fairness we’d started the game quite well and Firmino went within inches of giving us the lead after good work by Coutinho. Those two were bright, especially Firmino who for an hour or so was brilliant. 

This is only a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

I thought we stood up to the ale house stuff well, Can was really strong and Origi deserves a special mention as he worked his nuts off holding the ball up. He won a lot of free kicks and beat men to releive the pressure. He looks a lot more up for it.

Good report. I actually thought milner's miss was far worse than moreno's since milner was only 10 yards from the goal if that.

He completely lost his head there while moreno, you just dont expect anything from him and I think even hitting an empty goal from 40+ yards away isnt that easy (despite us all thinking we'd have hit the target).

• Upvote 1

It was most irritating to see Chelsea shit the bed against Shitcoat. You can only rely on yourself in this game. On the other hand, supporters of the clubs around Liverpool, and supporters of Everton, must have been convinced that the Reds would drop at least two points against Stoke and West Brom. Feel the fewm.

• Upvote 1

Those last two results were not only unexpected but probably the best of the season . To go to grounds where we usually struggle not play great but grind out wins was brilliant.

Not only that but to do it without three of our biggest players made it all the more pleasing take such important players out of any other side and they'd struggle like fuck.

Now let's go on and deflate fat Sam's massive head.