You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Michael

Baltar

Guest Pistonbroke

Ive read no media reports on him whatsoever so have no idea what has been said,although I can imagine it and cringe at the thought. Seemed a decent sort but agree with the Rev that if it was AIDS related it would be a good case for education to all about the dangers.

I thought they were lining up Richard Hammond for that? 

It matters not a jot how you judge his musical output. The facts of his kindness and generosity that are emerging after his death supersede anything else. Surely everyone can get behind that?

Somebody always has to shit over a memorial thread, it's as certain as death and taxes. And no more pleasant than either.

Rod Stewart maybe????

To be for I'm only saying that from a purely selfish point of view as I'm going the Isle of Wight festival and he's the headliner for the Sunday.

Is he?! Kinell boss festival that by the way. I think I'm going of you fancy a bevvy and some mdma wahey

Guest Pistonbroke

Somebody always has to shit over a memorial thread, it's as certain as death and taxes. And no more pleasant than either.

You've cracked jokes yourself in other threads about the death of someone, I don't see why you are getting all precious about it. 

You've cracked jokes yourself in other threads about the death of someone, I don't see why you are getting all precious about it.

Jokes are fine. Joyless, mean-spirited rubbishing of someone's entire career with shades of homophobia, not so much.

I mean, I didn't much care for Status Quo, I think their music is for simpletons, but you don't see me sniping in the Rick Parfitt thread.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Jokes are fine. Joyless, mean-spirited rubbishing of someone's entire career with shades of homophobia, not so much.

I mean, I didn't much care for Status Quo, I think their music is for simpletons, but you don't see me sniping in the Rick Parfitt thread.

Different strokes for different folks. BTW, how do you know jokes about someone who has just passed away are fine for everybody? You are basically making up stuff/unwritten rules to suit your opinion on things. 

Anyway, as you were.