You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Sadio Mané has never asked for a new contract in his bid to leave Liverpool this summer,

I guess I'm missing something. Why on earth would he have asked for a new contract in order to go? That's a really perverse way to begin an article about him wanting to go. 'Man who asked for bill in restaurant after ordering only a main course: he never intended to ask for a dessert'.

12 hours ago, Elite said:

I'd take Kane in a heartbeat, he's a proven goalscorer that is also brilliant at creating chances.

But he won't come cheap, that's the problem.

He won't come at all , don't know why this is even being discussed 

Mane backtracks on Liverpool exit comments amid Bayern Munich & PSG transfer reports (msn.com)

Sadio Mane has backtracked on his Liverpool exit comments amid transfer reports linking him with Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain, insisting he still has a lot of respect for the Reds.

Sadio Mane react Liverpool 2021-22

Mane only has one year left on his current deal at Liverpool and there has been no sign of an extension being agreed, leading to major question marks over his future at Anfield.

Indeed, GOAL reported after the Reds' Champions League final loss to Real Madrid that the 30-year-old has already made the decision to move on, with Bayern touted as his most likely next destination.

What has Mane said about a potential transfer?

Mane gave the clearest indication yet that he is set to leave Liverpool before Senegal's Africa Cup of Nations qualifying clash against Benin on Saturday.

He said that "between 60 and 70 per cent" of Senegalese supporters would like him to secure a summer transfer and promised to "do what they want".

Those remarks naturally added extra fuel to the rumour mill, with PSG also reportedly interested in Mane's services, but he has now insisted that he wasn't being serious in the pre-match conference.

Speaking after scoring a hat-trick in Senegal's 3-1 win over Benin, the Liverpool star told Canal Plus: "I spoke yesterday while joking with a bit of humour and it was everywhere. I think we'll stop there.

"Liverpool is a club I respect a lot. The fans adopted me since day one. Regarding the future, we'll see."

Who is Mane's favourite team?

Mane also spoke to reporters in the mixed zone after the game, and was asked which team he prefers between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

His reply suggested that another surprise club might yet emerge as contenders for his signature.

“You know, you've got me in trouble with the Liverpool fans right now but hey," Mane chuckled.

"Those two teams are not bad. But I'm not a fan of those teams. You know, my team is Marseille, so I would say Marseille.”

He's either naive or stupid. But all of this pompous chatter has become incredibly tiresome. Someone should advise him that if he wants to still seem the humble pro then he needs to cut out all of this 'wait and see'/'here's another clue' crap and either announce something or STFU.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

He's either naive or stupid. But all of this pompous chatter has become incredibly tiresome. Someone should advise him that if he wants to still seem the humble pro then he needs to cut out all of this 'wait and see'/'here's another clue' crap and either announce something or STFU.

I don't think it's coming from - and I hate this phrase - a 'bad place'. Everything we've seen and heard about both him and Salah suggests they're both model pros and pretty humble guys who shun the limelight. 

I reckon Mane just wanted to finish his career somewhere else for the simple reason of having had another experience. I think he's spoken out and it's been mistranslated/taken out of context and/or he's simply not good at expressing himself. Salah on the other hand, is being taken for a ride by a bloodsucker. 

Both are naive in these off the pitch matters, I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think it's coming from - and I hate this phrase - a 'bad place'. Everything we've seen and heard about both him and Salah suggests they're both model pros and pretty humble guys who shun the limelight. 

I reckon Mane just wanted to finish his career somewhere else for the simple reason of having had another experience. I think he's spoken out and it's been mistranslated/taken out of context and/or he's simply not good at expressing himself. Salah on the other hand, is being taken for a ride by a bloodsucker. 

Indeed.  Munich's a nice place.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

If you were pushing 30, had played in the same league most of your career and had won everything there is to win, moving on is completely understandable. These guys only get one set of legs. 

And he can use them both to fuck right off.

Joke

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think he's probably naive. But I doubt he's that slow a learner. You find that your comments cause all kinds of controversy? Well, you think twice in future, then.

Footballers, for all their flash smart phoney noise-cancelling earbudded high-end consumer techiness, seem weirdly old-fashioned with their continuing reliance on 'taken out of context/mistranslated' excuses. It's not 1975 and mysterious things happening a few weeks before in, say, Bulgaria! 'It's safe, mate, the telegram machine's busted!' Players say stuff today which is instantly tweeted and streamed and yet they still seem to assume they can say, 'Oh, that happened abroad and it's all gotten mangled on the way back to here'. Then again, they get filmed kicking cats and assume nothing will come of it. They're all a bit thick.

Mane's in danger of reaching almost Michael Owen levels of disingenuousness with his 'who, me?' reactions to 'misspeakings'. As I said, he needs to wait until he's got something definitive to say. Nice to know, though, that he still has some respect for us - I'm sure we're all very grateful.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, m0e said:

And he can use them both to fuck right off.

Joke

Or is it ? Maybe it's lost in translation and sarcastically you want him gone? You need to clarify your comments do you want him to stay or go? We need clear direction from you.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Or is it ? Maybe it's lost in translation and sarcastically you want him gone? You need to clarify your comments do you want him to stay or go? We need clear direction from you.

I've asked my 47 Twitter followers, and 60 to 70% of them think I need to remain vague in my direction.

I will do what they ask of me, and NEVER let my followers down!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, m0e said:

I've asked my 47 Twitter followers, and 60 to 70% of them think I need to remain vague in my direction.

I will do what they ask of me, and NEVER let my followers down!

I asked my sister and my mum and they categorically said I’m a cunt.

• Upvote 1