You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Highlights of Henderson's debut, in a 1-0 win over Al Jazira. Ko is at around 23 minutes.

I hope he thinks it was worth it. Sad sad sad.

I get visions of that scene in Escape to Victory where the Germans score and they turn the applause volume up to simulate the crowd cheering.

What the fuck have you done Hendo.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Highlights of Henderson's debut, in a 1-0 win over Al Jazira. Ko is at around 23 minutes.

I hope he thinks it was worth it. Sad sad sad.

All the intensity of a charity match, without any of the joy.

Even with a paid propagandist on every football forum in existence it's going to take a while before this soulless, sportswashing, reality TV is going to interest people enough to watch it.

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Even with a paid propagandist on every football forum in existence it's going to take a while before this soulless, sportswashing, reality TV is going to interest people enough to watch it.

I’m not sure what you call the 400 million + in the Middle East who are already very excited about it. Around here we call them people.

Oh and by the way, the pay levels for propagandists are much sweeter than the ones that were offered by the Qataris during the World Cup. Happy days!

Does anyone know roughly how many people there are in the Middle East?

And if they do, does that include the people of Yemen, who I am sure would love to bus over to Saudi Arabia to take in a few games?

7 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Many of them already do.

You can't be serious?

You're making out that all 400 million people, by dint of the fact they live "in the Middle East" will be drawn to this new charade because of the storied rivalries, wonderful atmosphere and A-list celebrity players.  Even people who are being brutalised by Saudi Arabia?

15 minutes ago, razor said:

You can't be serious?

You're making out that all 400 million people, by dint of the fact they live "in the Middle East" will be drawn to this new charade because of the storied rivalries, wonderful atmosphere and A-list celebrity players.  Even people who are being brutalised by Saudi Arabia?

I never said “all 400 million”.

Al Ittihad fans in Hadramut region, Yemen:

Bonus info: 2 million Yemenis live in Saudi Arabia

You need to learn more about the Middle East …

• Downvote 1

On 06/08/2023 at 10:01, Harry's Lad said:

I get visions of that scene in Escape to Victory where the Germans score and they turn the applause volume up to simulate the crowd cheering.

What the fuck have you done Hendo.

I can see why JurgenKnows described it as a hot-bed of football passion. It echoed with febrile intensity.