You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Shite, those European Arrest Warrants...

Ten of Britain's most-wanted criminals have been arrested or sentenced since the beginning of this year thanks to the European Arrest Warrant:

A 24-year-old man was brought back to Kent from Italy following a rape investigation after Kent Police secured a European arrest warrant

A 32-year-old man who had been convicted for wounding with intent and escaped from HMP Sudbury more than four years ago was arrested in the Netherlands using a European Arrest Warrant and brought back to the UK

A British drugs kingpin convicted of running £31 million cocaine smuggling racket was jailed for 18 years after having been arrested using a European Arrest Warrant at his luxury Spanish villa in Spain

A British fugitive living under a false identity on the Costa del Sol and accused of shooting dead an Irish dad-of-two was caught after a European arrest warrant was issued, and now faces being jailed for more than 40 years

A British fugitive from Aylesbury described as “very dangerous” by police was captured in Benidorm through a European Arrest Warrant. He is wanted by the British authorities for “crimes of robbery with violence and intimidation” carrying a “maximum punishment of three life sentences.”

A man suspected of trafficking women for sexual exploitation and running brothels in Kent was arrested while trying to cross the border between Poland and Germany after a European Arrest Warrant was issued

A sex offender from Chelmsford who fled the UK during his trial was sentenced to eight years after he was caught under a European Arrest Warrant in Kosovo

One of the UK's most-wanted suspected paedophiles, Stephen Carruthers, was arrested in France in using a European Arrest Warrant after being on the run for three years

A 24-year-old man was detained using a European Arrest Warrant in Belgium in connection with the murder of Carl Campbell, who was shot dead in West Bromwich High Street on December 27

A sex offender who dodged his initial trial was jailed for more than a decade at Oxford Crown Court after being arrested in Ireland

Are you seriously suggesting we should view the arrest of a democratically ellected European leader with the cases you've mentioned above?

Are you seriously suggesting we should view the arrest of a democratically ellected European leader with the cases you've mentioned above?

Nope.

I'm saying that, although I'm not entirely against Catalan independence, if there's sufficient evidence to suggest that a person has broke their own nation's laws, then a system which allows for their arrest and a subsequent fair trial is not something we should be critical of.

Nope.

I'm saying that, although I'm not entirely against Catalan independence, if there's sufficient evidence to suggest that a person has broke their own nation's laws, then a system which allows for their arrest and a subsequent fair trial is not something we should be critical of.

Neo con fuck fest.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/10/obliged-reconsider-support-european-union/

I'm made to feel dirty for not skipping to a town hall ballot box to put a tick to it.

https://www.akel.org.cy/en/2017/08/23/the-estonian-eu-presidencys-anti-communist-frenzy-is-leading-europe-to-take-dangerous-paths/

The Eu does not seem as concerned with the rise of the rampant right wing elements springing up throughout Europe

Dangerous times.

So are you saying that the EU doesn't interfere enough?

Incidentally, Gnash, I'm loving all these links from September and October.

Have you been hibernating, like a tortoise in a shoebox in the garage?

The elected president of Catalonia got arrested today. Any thoughts?

The elected president of Catalonia got arrested today. Any thoughts?

My thoughts?

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the Spanish laws on "sedition" are too oppressive and there's no justification for laws which criminalise non-violent political activity.  It's right that the EU has no say in how Member States formulate their constitutional laws, but the response to this crisis from the EU was overtly pro-Madrid (despite Madrid's contraventions of basic principle of human rights); that was wrong.

What about your thoughts?  Do you want more EU interference or less?

And do you agree that Putin is a cunt?

Yeah Putin is a cunt. He's an obvious cunt. It's the less obvious cunts that fuck us up. The guy putin ( allegedly) killed was a traitor to Russia. It's doutfull any of us will get a dose of nerve agent any time soon.

So, you and I aren't at risk, so there's nothing for us to worry our pretty little heads about? We're equally unlikely to be on the receiving end of,say, Saudi attacks in Yemen or Turkish bombs in Afrin. Should we be relaxed about those war crimes, too?

And just to be clear, you're shrugging off attempted murder because the bloke was "a traitor" but you're raging against the arrest of Catalan politicians who broke their country's laws on sedition?

• Upvote 1

Keir Starmer and Dianne Abbott both saying our passports should be made in the uk.

It’s fucking awful.

Well we are meant to taking everything back, and bringing jobs back to the people. The first chance they get to do this and they give to those Foreigner bastards.

Where’s my British Bulldog Tattoo?

Keir Starmer and Dianne Abbott both saying our passports should be made in the uk.

It’s fucking awful.

Shameless pandering to xenophobic elements from the Labour Party duo. They should be made wherever we can get the best value for taxpayer money.