You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Madrid v Liverpool

Paco

If Rodgers put out a second team line-up I wouldn't blame Madrid for going after a cricket score against us as a way of showing how a real club behaves.

I wish I hadn't read that supposed line-up as it will leave me fucking seething until we know for sure.

Should be buzzing for this, these are the games we have been missing for too long.

Thing is I am dreading it though, just hope the players are bang up for it and not dreading it.

What better way to silence the critics than doing a job on these on their own ground tonight....

I'd go with this side:

Mig

Manquillo

Moreno

Skrtel

Lovren

Henderson

Can

Allen

Lallana

Sterling

Balotelli

• Upvote 1

Same reason why people use forums.

You'd actually be suited to it, Tony. Because you never post anything on here over 140 characters!

Fair enough. I use this forum because it's a relatively enjoyable way of killing time, not for for bullshit team line-ups so that I can get angry about supposed inclusions/exclusions hours before kick-off.

For your information I've tried Twitter but didn't like it.

I don't think I'll ever understand, why some people, take the piss out of others for not making dead long posts on an internet forum. It's not a competition.

• Upvote 2

Should be buzzing for this, these are the games we have been missing for too long.

Thing is I am dreading it though, just hope the players are bang up for it and not dreading it.

What better way to silence the critics than doing a job on these on their own ground tonight....

I'd go with this side:

Mig

Manquillo

Moreno

Skrtel

Lovren

Henderson

Can

Allen

Lallana

Sterling

Balotelli

This is correct.

If Johnson is in the team, we'll get bummed bigtime.

4(narrow)-2-2-1-1.

Mignolet

Toure Skrtel Lovren Sakho

Can Lucas 

Henderson Allen

Lallana

Sterling

If your name isn't Lallana or Sterling you will be getting fined for crossing the halfway line in open play. From set pieces, Lallana takes, Skrtel and Lovren go up, everyone else goes back. Coutinho for Lallana, Borini for Sterling, Rossiter for whichever of the double double pivot gets tired first (probably Lucas). The game should end with all 14 of our players being booked for time wasting.

We can do this if we ensure that there is no more than 20 seconds of uninterrupted actual football taking place at any point within the 90 minutes.

Believe.

• Upvote 2

It's games like this where our philosophy falls down. There are ways of beating superior opponents, that's part of the joy of football, but it requires tactical nous and discipline, two things we have very little of. When your only way of playing is to attack, when (a) your attack force is broken up or isn't playing well, or ( b ) the opponent's attack is better than yours, you're fucked.

Under Houllier or Rafa a backs to the wall victory would have been plausible, almost no chance of it tonight though unless Madrid really can't be arsed. Doubt that though, they'll smell blood and beating a side like Liverpool still makes waves. I fear a few Oles' tonight.

• Upvote 5

Time for alehouse tactics gents. Just hack the fuck out of them, Pulis style. There is no shame in going out to just fuck them up and nick a point. I'd back Lucas for this one, if he is one of 2 DM then he can still do the required dirty work. Lambert up top, elbows akimbo.

We will be fine. plus we will have this beast locking shit up at the back:

7vT5YWL.png

• Upvote 1

It's games like this where our philosophy falls down. There are ways of beating superior opponents, that's part of the joy of football, but it requires tactical nous and discipline, two things we have very little of. When your only way of playing is to attack, when (a) your attack force is broken up or isn't playing well, or ( b ) the opponent's attack is better than yours, you're fucked.

Under Houllier or Rafa a backs to the wall victory would have been plausible, almost no chance of it tonight though unless Madrid really can't be arsed. Doubt that though, they'll smell blood and beating a side like Liverpool still makes waves. I fear a few Oles' tonight.

Have to agree with that, I remember the game a couple of weeks ago and seeing the side that was put out and thinking we are treating this game as if we are playing QPR not the European Champions.....

Rogers hasn't got it in him to be tactically cute and be defensive at this time hopefully it's something he gains but he hasn't proved that as yet...

For the first time in my life supporting Liverpool I'm genuinely scared of what another team could do to us tonight.....