You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

Can't see any ban affecting domestic football because FIFA don't have any sway over the premier league. That said if the FA decide to mirror a ban there will be no way the club appeal it.

Rodgers must be fucking fuming.

If the FA attempt anything like this, we must not roll over and have our tummies tickled.

• Upvote 1

I've a question! Why is everybody taking this so personally?

You didn't bite anyone! I didn't bite anyone! Suarez did! Let him defend himself, or not, who cares?

I'm off to an office full of Mancs soon, and if asked, they'll all get the same answer! I don't care, it's nothing to do with me!

I don't give a shit but it might affect the club AGAIN if they try some sort of blanket ban

I am not a lawyer. All I said was that I can believe that people would defend him. You might want to direct your line of questioning at someone else.

A little touchy there, Dirk. And it wasn't really a line of questioning as such. It was one question.

I am thinking we should doctor pictures of Suarez's teeth with shoulder marks in them and put that alongside images of Suarez writhing round clutching his molars.

Foolproof. Cheillini banned for 6 months.

• Upvote 1

Yes by thinking there's perspective in the world. I'll take my rose-tinted specs off and consign them to Room 101 now.

Here's the perspective: what other top footballer has ever acted like this? When Messi bit someone for the second time in a year at the world cup were you surprised at the press reaction? If Rooney had done the same thing would you have been chuckling like Saint after a shit Greavsie joke? Which other Liverpool player has ever disgraced our club in the same way?

• Upvote 1

A little touchy there, Dirk. And it wasn't really a line of questioning as such. It was one question.

I am thinking we should doctor pictures of Suarez's teeth with shoulder marks in them and put that alongside images of Suarez writhing round clutching his molars.

Foolproof. Cheillini banned for 6 months.

If that works for you, champ. I dont want to see my club fucked over, if thats alright with you. Doesnt change the fact your question was misdirected. As for touchy, cry me a fucking river.

Not condoning what's happened but where's the balance in this? I've seen several studs up jumping in tackles in this tournament and barely a mention. These are potential career ending challenges but there's more outrage about a fucking bite on the fucking shoulder. If he'd ripped his larynx out then fair enough but frigging hell where's the perspective? No wonder the world is fucked, a bite rates higher on the moral outrage scale compared to breaking legs or even deaths. Go figure.

The world is fucked because people are quick to minimize shithouse behavior by one of their own whenever they can, usually by the intellectually shallow refrain of "But what about all those dead people that one time?" Should we go back, find the absolute worst thing to happen on a football pitch and then deem any reaction to anything that has happened after that to be "an over-reaction" and "lacking perspective" just so we can feel a little bit better about ourselves in that we can blame others instead of the guilty party in our colours?'

• Upvote 1

If that works for you, champ. I dont want to see my club fucked over, if thats alright with you. Doesnt change the fact your question was misdirected. As for touchy, cry me a fucking river.

My question wasn't serious, 'champ'. There is no defence.

Go back to bed, tiger.

See, that's the thing, I don't think he has disgraced the club at all. He has disgraced himself. We have nothing to do with it.

For me, the punishment should be that he is banned for the rest of the tournament. That disgrace and feeling of letting your team mates , country, and family down will last longer than any ban.

Has he let the Club down? We are employing a man who has now bitten three times, unprecedented in pro sport. Make of that what you will.

I would not ban him for domestic games and would quite happily have him back. The PL is a business. But if LFC is special, then our standards have to transcend winning and losing. How we reconcile those two points I don't know.

For me, the punishment should be that he is banned for the rest of the tournament. That disgrace and feeling of letting your team mates , country, and family down will last longer than any ban.

And he has just made a move by Barca or Real very complicated. He'll be gutted.

....and once again he'll have to prove himself on the field by having the best season of his life. Lucky for us eh.

See, that's the thing, I don't think he has disgraced the club at all. He has disgraced himself. We have nothing to do with it.

I suppose I slightly agree. Although I'm in San Diego for work at the moment and Suarez is the top sports news story (it's the English press out to get Liverpool) and they keep talking about him playing for Liverpool and showing the Ivanovic bite.

Suarez individually has obviously come off the worst but we are associated as he plays for us.

I suppose I slightly agree. Although I'm in San Diego for work at the moment and Suarez is the top sports news story (it's the English press out to get Liverpool) and they keep talking about him playing for Liverpool and showing the Ivanovic bite.

Suarez individually has obviously come off the worst but we are associated as he plays for us.

Yep, it affects us in that we have to deal with the fallout. Be it negative press coverage or any prospective ban. It doesn't embarrass us as such, but it definitely places us in an pretty damn awkward position.