You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Has Don Balon ever been reliable?

He's the best out there, mate. If he says Salah is going, I wouldn't get too attached to him.

Dedication

Outstanding

Nerveless

Balls

Always bringing through the solid info

Love of the beautiful game

On the money, all the time, 24/7/365

No room for fake info

Well, they are saying that Salah is el hombre de moda en el fútbol europeo, and they are certainly not wrong there.

Apparently, we can get Bale and Benzema for him and I'm guessing some money, becasue obviously, they are not in the hombres de moda category anymore..

Well, they are saying that Salah is el hombre de moda en el fútbol europeo, and they are certainly not wrong there.

Apparently, we can get Bale and Benzema for him and I'm guessing some money, becasue obviously, they are not in the hombres de moda category anymore..

They could throw in Cristiano Ronaldo, Isco, Las Meninas and El Escorial and we'd tell them to chupamela - he's worth more.
  • Upvote 1

I don't really know what to say about him anymore. That finish tonight was absolutely sensational, the calmest man in the stadium, the adrenaline the tunnel vision average footballers gets in that scenario, the tie on an absolute knife edge and Mo has the presence of mind just to delicately dink it over Otamendi who he puts on his arse. Magnificent Mo.  

• Upvote 2

A selection from various news sources.

The forward is also revered for what he does for his country, with the Daily Mail reporting last week about the various good deeds he does for his hometown of Nagrig - including buying gym equipment, paying for couples to get married and presenting youth football trophies.

He even insisted that a burglar who stole from his family recently should not be charged, and instead helped him find work .

The report from Egyptian football site King Fut cites radio host and former Zamalek player Khaled El-Ghandour's claim that Salah has given €30,000 (£26,612) to the Association of Veteran Egyptian Players.

The report claims that some of the families of the ex-players receive a monthly wage of just 400 Egyptian pounds, or £16.65.

Mohamed Salah has donated nearly £500,000 worth of medical equipment to a children's cancer hospital in his native Egypt.

The winger, who has been an instant success at Liverpool this season, has donated the large sum to help kids suffering from bone marrow cancer.

Egyptian website King Fut reports the donation has been made to the 57357 Children's Cancer Hospital in Cairo.

The news was confirmed through the personal Facebook account of Mostafa Zamzam, chairman of the Board of Trustees of Sona' El Khair Charity.

The mayor of Nagrig, the village in Egypt’s Gharbiya province where Salah grew up, has revealed the extent to which the 25-year-old is giving back to his community.

Maher Shetia said: “Salah highlighted his small village on the international map. He also built a charity and will build a school that costs millions.

“This is in addition to his donations to Basioun hospital with a complete ventilation room, incubations and an ambulance unit.”

I'm really glad to have him. Never cheats. Never dives. Never surrounds the rest. Never puts in dirty tackles. Never does anything on the pitch other than play football - well - and with a smile on his face. I. Love. Him. 

Off the pitch, he's a role model for all young players and people in general. I think he is a great, positive influence and a good example of what Muslims from normal backgrounds are often like. I. Love. Him. 

• Upvote 2

A selection from various news sources.

The forward is also revered for what he does for his country, with the Daily Mail reporting last week about the various good deeds he does for his hometown of Nagrig - including buying gym equipment, paying for couples to get married and presenting youth football trophies.

He even insisted that a burglar who stole from his family recently should not be charged, and instead helped him find work .

The report from Egyptian football site King Fut cites radio host and former Zamalek player Khaled El-Ghandour's claim that Salah has given €30,000 (£26,612) to the Association of Veteran Egyptian Players.

The report claims that some of the families of the ex-players receive a monthly wage of just 400 Egyptian pounds, or £16.65.

Mohamed Salah has donated nearly £500,000 worth of medical equipment to a children's cancer hospital in his native Egypt.

The winger, who has been an instant success at Liverpool this season, has donated the large sum to help kids suffering from bone marrow cancer.

Egyptian website King Fut reports the donation has been made to the 57357 Children's Cancer Hospital in Cairo.

The news was confirmed through the personal Facebook account of Mostafa Zamzam, chairman of the Board of Trustees of Sona' El Khair Charity.

The mayor of Nagrig, the village in Egypt’s Gharbiya province where Salah grew up, has revealed the extent to which the 25-year-old is giving back to his community.

Maher Shetia said: “Salah highlighted his small village on the international map. He also built a charity and will build a school that costs millions.

“This is in addition to his donations to Basioun hospital with a complete ventilation room, incubations and an ambulance unit.”

If all this is true, then my respect for the lad has gone through the roof. Imagine if all rich sportsmen and women did this? Lovely stuff.

I reckon us knocking City out of the CL and Mo being instrumental in that should swing him the Football Writers Player Of The Year Award ahead of De Bruyne. Might be a bit late for the PFA award as I think they've already voted.

I thought I heard that PFA voting was the week he scored 4.  That would be nice.