You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thoughts on Jose Enrique?

LFC 6 Times

I prefer Moreno but Enrique is light years ahead of the lad in terms of stopping crosses coming into the box from that side. We could've done with him on for the 1st half on Monday night because Swansea were putting crosses in from the right at will.

Enrique is still the best lb at the club IMO when he is fully fit, unfortunately that has not been the case for the last season and a half.

His contract is up this summer or next and I'd rather keep him in the squad instead of letting him go for free and paying money for another backup lb who will be a weaker player, he doesn't moan when not played and seems like a good character to have in the squad.

He should have been loaned to palace in January to get his match fitness back, loan him out for the first 6 months of next season and unless he looks like he still hasn't recovered from his injuries by then keep him.

• Upvote 2

He's a one legged Iberian sex god, who looks as if he may indulge in unsafe sexual practices when he's not busy with his extremely light work schedule. Has he ever considered a sex change? No one knows for sure, but in a strictly footballing sense I prefer Moreno. He just seems to offer more threat but if you're talking subject matter for a one on one tell all reality doc, it's Jose all day my friend. 

• Upvote 1

Enrique is still the best lb at the club IMO when he is fully fit, unfortunately that has not been the case for the last season and a half.

His contract is up this summer or next and I'd rather keep him in the squad instead of letting him go for free and paying money for another backup lb who will be a weaker player, he doesn't moan when not played and seems like a good character to have in the squad.

He should have been loaned to palace in January to get his match fitness back, loan him out for the first 6 months of next season and unless he looks like he still hasn't recovered from his injuries by then keep him.

If Enrique is the best LB at the club, we have H.U.G.E problems, Flano is better if we ever see him again, even The Toilet Seat Robber is a better bet out there and that's sayin' something, Enrique is an awful footballer, totally brainless. Moreno has shown glimpses, I'd much rather have him there than Enrique.

A fully fit Enrique is our still our best left back closely followed by a fully fit Flanagan wherever the fuck he is.

No he isn't. He's very average. He might play better in the current system, but as a left-back he's an accident waiting to happen. 

Moreno had a very poor game but so did the entire team. 

Nonsense. Enrique is far more guilty of those than Moreno. 

Moreno has had more solid games than great ones, but that's still more than Enrique has offered in the past 3 seasons. Maybe he would fair better in this system but I haven't seem him have a good game of football in years. 

• Upvote 1

Moreno has gifted the opposition more points in his first 8months at the club than Enrique has since he's been with us.  All he has is pace and half the time that can't even cover for his fuck ups.

He's average, Moreno.  Shown up at left back and at Wingback.  If you're happy with that for £12million we'll...

• Upvote 1

Both of them have been guilty of getting caught hopelessly out of position. I'd rather have Moreno though because at least he has the legs to get back and there's the hope he'll improve.

Wingback is the one area we've struggled to get functioning well in this system. I can't think of anyone who's looked that good.