You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mkhitaryan

Gym Beglin

Offer them some of our shit players to sweeten the deal.

I really hope Ian Ayre doesn't fuck this up. I'm not as down on him as a lot of people are, but this would be a huge coup for us if we pulled it off, given our current position. We need a tough, skilled negotiator.

Guest San Don

Talk that the move is in jeopardy as the player is owned by a 3rd party as well as Shaktar. Apparently this is common in South America and some east european clubs but is illegal in England. Hmmmmmmmm.

Hot Ayre will sort it all out.

Let look at what he's done so far:

Toure - free transfer - no negotiation needed

Aspas - release clause - no negotiation needed

Alberto - paying close to £7m to a cash strapped club for a 20 year old who's only has 7 first team appearances

Llori - deal has been 'close' for weeks

Mkhitaryan - didn't go to Brazil to tie this deal up coming up to a week ago and nowhere near like it's happening

Papa - seemingly failed after a couple of weeks of talks

So based on all the above, the conclusion is he can't negotiate shit.

Worst part about all the above is that he's briefing the broadsheets with both our targets and updates in terms of of actual transfer status.

Or am I being harsh on him?

• Downvote 1

Alberto - paying close to £7m to a cash strapped club for a 20 year old who's only has 7 first team appearances

Mkhitaryan - didn't go to Brazil to tie this deal up coming up to a week ago and nowhere near like it's happening

Worst part about all the above is that he's briefing the broadsheets with both our targets and updates in terms of of actual transfer status.

I'm no fan of Ayre but at least he's actually at the negotiating table, Parry would be in the fucking Bahamas right now lounging about. If only we could find a man who likes to do his job AND does it well.

I think you are being harsh.

Alberto there is talk of 5m and 6m rising by one on appearances, not bad an ok deal and a bit of a punt. I would have preferred to have kept his fee and the Atsu - if that deal happens fee - and went for someone more proven. It is obviously a player the committee wanted and that is not Ayres fault. Hope it works out.

I think we can only look at the Mkhitaryan deal and I have been reading for a few days that he is only owned fifty percent by his club and the rest by third parties, so it is going to be complicated. This is the one deal I want to go through as he would definitely improve us, no doubt in my mind he would be a major upgrade on what we have and bring us goals.

The Papa fella, really not sure Ayre has done anything wrong here, they want twenty and we think twelve, that is a big difference in valuation and they are maybe standing firm with no room for movement, so we walk away.

I must say with his injury record it is probably for the best, we have signed to many crocks in the past and I would swerve it at twenty myself.

So not sure what he has done wrong, we have moved real quick to get the players we wanted and have most of them tied up already - or close to - in my book good work.

We always want our transfers done early and we seem to be doing that fair dos if you ask me.

It is especially important this year as we have so many coming in to get a full pre season behind them.

Credit where it is due I say.

Guest San Don

Well irrespective of what you think of Ayre, there's a complete lack of understanding in that post about how deals happen.

Talk that the move is in jeopardy as the player is owned by a 3rd party as well as Shaktar. Apparently this is common in South America and some east european clubs but is illegal in England. Hmmmmmmmm.

A lot of the south American countries have the same set up as Italy in co ownership of players. A lot of the players at Italian sides you find to be owned by two clubs. it is better than the third party ownership though as it dosent allow companies or management teams to own players like Tevez and the chief was.

English "Liverpool" and Donetsk "Shakhtar" agreed to transfer midfielder "miners" and the Armenian team Henrik Mkhitaryan.

As reported by one of the sources of the club, the deal between the clubs will be issued in the near future, and the amount of compensation for the player will be, as previously reported, 20 million pounds.

This season, the 24-year-old Mkhitaryan held in the "Miners' 44 matches and scored 32 goals. Also note that the FDA Henry scored 25 goals and became the best scorer of the championship of Ukraine, which was an absolute record for this championship.

«Ливерпуль» и «Шахтер» договорилиÑÑŒ о транÑфере МхитарÑна - ÐовоÑти - СоветÑкий Ñпорт