You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

Will be looking to try out the new game mode, Heavy Duty, which should reduce the instadeaths that people experience in this. You have more health in this mode, so it takes longer to die.

It's a moshpit type mode that rotates TDM, Domination & Blitz.

I think I say this about all of them but for me Ghosts is deffo the best since MW2.  It's the game MW3 should have been.  Yeah, the spawn issues are annoying, but the maps more than make up for it.   They are the COD maps I've been waiting for.  I like all of them except for Strikezone (which I believe is more or less the same map as MW3's Dome).

I think I say this about all of them but for me Ghosts is deffo the best since MW2.  It's the game MW3 should have been.  Yeah, the spawn issues are annoying, but the maps more than make up for it.   They are the COD maps I've been waiting for.  I like all of them except for Strikezone (which I believe is more or less the same map as MW3's Dome).

Even Siege?

Got fed up of having to pump 5-10 rounds into players to kill them, and constantly changing mags. So i play hardcore TD now. its soooooo much better, means you dont have to have slight of hand perk on every class, also you can easily kill with silencer on at distance. Takes a couple of games to get used to it but i wont change back now.

I thought Black Ops 2 was excellent. Best since MW2, which is still the benchmark.

It was significantly better than this latest game.

I wouldn't say excellent, it was good though.  I guess you liked it though as you got such a big k/d ratio - but do you fancy getting that ratio without the target finder you used?!

That encouraged camping, which I think is bad for the game.  This latest game everyone camps and it is shit as a result.

I tend to camp on the bigger maps. Its pointless running around like a headless chicken getting a 1/1 kd ratio. Tbh it fucking annoys me that campers get such bad press on big maps when im getting a 20/2 kd ratio and all the headless chickens are slagging me off while they are getting negative k/d ratios and we end up losing. The game is simple, if you all get a positive k/d you win. and points mean prizes, wadda points win ?

• Upvote 1

Camping is part of the game.  I like winding people up with it and have some lovely messages to prove it.  One of them was "Argh!  That's not gaming - that's bullshit!".  Ace.

I like it when people on my own team object to me camping and block my view.  Poor souls.

Remember those Israelis who got pissed off with us on BO2, I was getting messages from them for hours complaining about us camping. 

I remember, yeah.   I don't really get people who complain about camping.  If I'm so shit because I camp then come and kill me.

You wouldn't go into a real battle and run around like a cunt with a knife unless it was the opening scene of Jacob's Ladder.  But as Byrnie says, each to their own.

I think it's one of the things missing from the current maps, they don't really have any areas with one entrance anymore, everywhere has multiple routes in to try and stop the camping. There is an art to dealing with someone camping and it's not as if it's difficult to find where we are. 

I'll happily run and gun some of the time and certainly did a lot more on MW3 and BO2 than the other games. I operate differently depending on the opposition, if I think I can out run and gun them I'll chase them. If I can't I'll camp it up. Surely that makes sense.

I remember, yeah. I don't really get people who complain about camping. If I'm so shit because I camp then come and kill me.

You wouldn't go into a real battle and run around like a cunt with a knife unless it was the opening scene of Jacob's Ladder. But as Byrnie says, each to their own.

Exactly, TK. Agree with every word. Some clowns think it's more realistic to Sprint through claymores like Usain Bolt and come through unscathed.

It's always shit players who moan and send you the messages complaining about camping. If I'm so shit, and it's so easy to get such good scores, everyone would be at it.

Target finder is not such an advantage as people say. Nor is camping. Nor is any other way people play as there is always a way to kill people. I see teammates constantly getting killed going after campers, then moan about them. If they had any brains or self control, they wouldn't go for revenge kills.

It's big girls blouses who send messages and I love when I receive them. Getting kills in these games is more about being clever and being able to outwit your opponent, in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 1

Plus, war games are supposed to have a tactical element. I like staying in your vicinity when you're camped and picking off the opponents, TK. I try to protect you, as if you are getting the kills, they'll come for you. Then I'll take them out as they come looking for you.

I'm pretty sure Chris and Al play similarly.

Plus, war games are supposed to have a tactical element. I like staying in your vicinity when you're camped and picking off the opponents, TK. I try to protect you, as if you are getting the kills, they'll come for you. Then I'll take them out as they come looking for you.

I'm pretty sure Chris and Al play similarly.

I had a standard tactic that if a game is going badly I cover TK's back and pick off the people coming for him. That really pisses people off, first they kick off about him camping then kick off about me camping trying to protect. 

On the last MW3 and BO2 there have been a few spots where if TK and I both had good games we had sections of the maps locked down for most if not all of a match.

Personally I'd rather face a camper, I'll try a couple of routes in and if they are getting the better of me I'll just leave it and try to get them elsewhere.

The only thing that always pisses me off loads is quick scoping, mainly because I can't do it.