You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Crouch

Section_31

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminds me of that Torres goal vs Blackburn where he volleyed it into the top left corner. I think he had his back to goal as well.

Heard this a few times now and I don't get it.

For me, it was nothing like Torres' strike.

That goal was nothing special, much like Crouch himself.

It was a great strike, to be fair. Although I don't buy this 'we shouldn't have sold him' stuff.

Saying he's better than what we have doesn't mean we should've kept him.

Code, in all fairness mate, he lobbed the keeper from thirty yards, on the volley, with his back to goal. It was a fucking great goal and probably won't be beaten for goal of the season.

It was a good goal, but I have seen a player scoring after taking the ball on the chest with his back to the goal in the centre circle, turning around and in one movement volleyed it Garcia vs Juve style with the opposition team in balance so allow me to not be too impressed with what Crouch did.

Oh and its a huge mistake by Hart as well, Reina would simply picked it like an apple from a tree.

It was a good goal, but I have seen a player scoring after taking the ball on the chest with his back to the goal in the centre circle, turning around and in one movement volleyed it Garcia vs Juve style with the opposition team in balance so allow me to not be too impressed with what Crouch did.

Oh and its a huge mistake by Hart as well, Reina would simply picked it like an apple from a tree.

Because you have seen better does not stop it from being special. Also, Harte would never have expected Crouch to take a shot on goal From that position so for him to be out of position is understandable.

Haha. Don't worry, i'll keep up my fair, valid and truthful criticisms in the face of the romantic fallacies perpetuated daily on here.

You're both right. Peter Crouch isn't better than Andy Carroll (as he is the only striker we have now. Suarez plays behind the striker).

Keep fighting the good fight, don't let them drag you down son.

It was a very good goal but Hart is chronically slow to get his feet moving and shift position.

His feet are still planted until he jumps for it and it sail's over him. Great effort from Crouchie but it's speculative and I think it's in the air for a long time.

That goal was nothing special, much like Crouch himself.

Are you for real? It's goal of the season for me, inless something even better happens before May.

Don't care what anyone says Crouch is better than Carrol. He's at an age (31) where I wouldn't advocate trying to get him back or anything but if I was offered a swap for a say 28 year old Crouch I'd probably take it.

Pointless hypothetical I know. But Andy Carrol is fucking crap and it's doing my head in.