You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - 8pm, 19/12/16 - Monday night mayhem at the Mosh Pit.

Trumo

Never in doubt.

Everton barely created anything resembling a chance in that game. I can only remember Funes Mori heading wide from a corner, and Williams looping a tame header straight at Mignolet from a free kick. Other than that, they spent all game lumping the ball up to Lukaku and hardly got anybody near him in support. Lennon was playing as a second left back.

We were solid but ordinary in the first half. Wijnaldum ballooned one over the bar from a decent position, and Origi fired a difficult chance wide following our most flowing attack. Apart from that, it was grit and endeavour over inspiration.

In the second half, we completely took over the way we had at Middlesbrough. We started looking more incisive when we tried to attack, and we were much better in possession too. Everton might have had to make 2 injury-enforced substitutions (one of them the goalkeeper) but the appeared to have settled for a point at half time.

Firmino and Mane's movement started to cause Everton's back line a few problems, and Sturridge coming on as sub was always going to have at least one attempt on goal. We got the break after he hit the post and Mane was alive to the opportunity and followed up to clinch the points.

Firmino had been denied on a cuple of occasions by excellent goalkeeping and then alert defending so it was clear that Liverpool were well on top. Everton can't say they deserved anything from the game, even if the bitterest ones will claim they should have won it.

Ross Barkley is a lucky boy because he'd put in a bad tackle on Origi in the first half that should have seen him booked, and then he only got booked for a dreadful challenge on Henderson that could have broken his ankle. That one was more of a straight red than Vardy's at the weekend.

As I said at the top - never in doubt!

• Upvote 1

The point is all our forwards are contributing. Coutinho mane Lallana and Firmino were flying. Coutinho gets injured and Origi gets 5 in 5. Origi dries up tonight and sturridge comes on and makes something happens. 6 players who can score and create. it's what we've needed for years.

Well said. Ideally we will get a back up for Mane in early January to help keep it all going. 

Even in the first half when the boring bastard co-commentator (is it Alan Smith? I've never stayed awake long enough to be sure) was parroting the Neville narrative that Klavan was getting the runaround from Lukaku, I couldn't help but notice that the Belgian sub-Rondon hadn't had anything remotely resembling a shot.

Then somebody pressed the snooze button on the massive overrated lummox and we never saw him again.

Which was nice.

• Upvote 1

Does it get any better than that? .......

I think not.

That is as good as football gets. , beating your bitterest rivals (and I don't mean the Mancs) in the last minute ,

There'll be a few sickies in work tomorrow

I can't be arsed with my workplace - I'm off to Paulie's.

• Upvote 1