You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer of 2009.

Code

The only source I can find about Alonso's wages at Madrid have him down with approx 85000 euros a week, €4,5M a year.

So how much was his tax-free signing on fee?

Add that to his tax-free salary, double it, and then you'll see how much we'd have had to pay him to match his Madrid wages.

Plus, the reason people call for him when things arent going great is because they can remember how good he was before the American cunts showed up. It was only when he had to take his eye off the ball and fight behind the scenes to keep the club alive that things went off the boil.

But then there are cunts like you that can never see any good that the man did, even though he signed the player in your fucking avatar!

I can't honestly understand how anyone could have so much animosity towards a man that took the club to his heart, won us the European Cup, got us as close as anyone to winning the league for the first time in 20 years, and still lives in the area with his kids attending school.

Did he ever do anything good while he was here?

Code said Istanbul had nothing to do with Rafa, that it was Gerrard and Carra who carried the team, that it was Ged's players who won it and that Rafa almost killed our chances by leaving Didi on the bench, despite Rafa bringing Didi on...

I think you would find I did not say any of those things, but do carry on making things up.

I can't be arsed as I'm on a mobile device but can someone post pictured of Rafa winning 9 trophies in 8years?

If someone can post a picture of Aquilani from five of the games where he played the full 90 minutes for us I'll promise to never mention Rafa again this side of Christmas.

Code said Istanbul had nothing to do with Rafa, that it was Gerrard and Carra who carried the team, that it was Ged's players who won it and that Rafa almost killed our chances by leaving Didi on the bench, despite Rafa bringing Didi on...

Fuck me.

So I wonder if Rafa did anything good during the whole run to the final?

Or if he won anything at Valencia, or was it all Cuper's team?

I love rafa but he went fucking mad. starting with buying keane for 20m and then selling him 4 months later for just over half that and then buying a player no one had ever heard of to replace one of the best midfielders we've ever had. And not only that - the fucker was injured when he signed. disastrous piece of business that ultimately went a long way to costing him his job.

at least we learned our lesson though eh.

Code72:

If I`m going to be honest I think a few people are overplaying the feeling after the win in Istanbul.

Was it that much better than in Dortmund, was it that much better than Cardiff etc, for those of us old enough to appreciate league wins and other European Cups whats the difference.

Personally I was just as happy after both Dortmund and Cardiff and I celebrated just as much.

To be honest when I woke up the day after Istanbul I did not remember much of the game anyway and in no way did I feel it as some life changing moment.

Actually, he said Rafa won it with Ged's team. To be fair, he also paid Rafa a compliment (kind of) for the first time ever.

Then he followed up with:

The players won it, the tactics almost lost it.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/100167-did-rafa-win-champions-league-houllier-s-team.html

I found this in 5 minutes Code, I am 100% certain I have read you spout the other crap I listed. If I had more time I could dig deep to prove you wrong again.

x

You have repeatedly downplayed Istanbul, going through my 5 minute search I found two instances where you said it wasn't as good as previous finals and slagged off Robbie for being young when he pulled you up on it.

You're a pathetic cretin.

Edit:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/1893743-post17.html Again with the GH squad line?

Edited by Joe Le Taxi
Code is a fucking cunt

Actually, he said Rafa won it with Ged's team. To be fair, he also paid Rafa a compliment (kind of) for the first time ever.

Are you denying it was GH's team? 9 of the 11 players who started were GH's players and all of the subs were apart from Cisse who you could argue would be boths player.

Then he followed up with:

The players won it, the tactics almost lost it.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/100167-did-rafa-win-champions-league-houllier-s-team.html

I see you missed out on the question before that, but again spot on from me then.

I found this in 5 minutes Code, I am 100% certain I have read you spout the other crap I listed. If I had more time I could dig deep to prove you wrong again.

No you have not as I have never said it.

But basically I guess you admit you are lying then?

Nice one, hopefully you wont do it again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You have repeatedly downplayed Istanbul, going through my 5 minute search I found two instances where you said it wasn't as good as previous finals and slagged off Robbie for being young when he pulled you up on it.

You're a pathetic cretin.

Edit:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/1893743-post17.html Again with the GH squad line?

Are you trying to build an argument here young Lewis that we did not get less successful the more of his own players Rafa brought in?

Please go ahead, I could need a laugh.

• Upvote 1

Good luck Lewis, he will never quit, it's his only outstanding attribute.

Use your youthful energy to keep at it as long as you can. The rest of us will check in once every 4 or 5 pages, maybe offer some rep support.

Are you denying it was GH's team? 9 of the 11 players who started were GH's players and all of the subs were apart from Cisse who you could argue would be boths player.

I see you missed out on the question before that, but again spot on from me then.

No you have not as I have never said it.

But basically I guess you admit you are lying then?

Nice one, hopefully you wont do it again.

Why is it necessary to bring up that 9 out of the 11 played for GH? The fact is, Rafa did what GH couldn't. You try and paint that in a bad light.

And no, I didn't leave it out, I included the link to where it originated rather than C+P the whole thing.

And yes I have, however I do not have the time to go through each one of your posts, the one's I found were through a quick Google search. So no I am not lying.

You constantly try to belittle Rafa's achievements in Istanbul, which I have provided evidence to. You also said in the link I provided the tactics almost lost it. That in my eyes is a direct reference to Rafa leaving Didi out (didn't know he broke his toe if LP is correct) and the "players won it" comment transcribes as you saying they did it despite Rafa's poor tactics. Something I know you have previous for saying.

And the fact you call me a liar when you have been caught out time and time again is ridiculous. I still remember when you were comparing yourself to Downing saying you always played it to the striker who scored, only for Anubis to provide some stats on you. (fuck knows how)