You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Henry doesn't expect 4th this season

Kevin D

But thats the problem Johnny, nothing is happening with the stadium almost two years after they came in, why should we get behind them until they actually give us a reason to do so?

So you will only support the team if we get a new stadium?

I'm sure Kenny knew that saying "we can't buy anyone to replace Lucas because the owners won't release any funds" might cause a problem or two.

Interesting.

I'm very surprised Dalglish was dissapointed he couldnt have money to replace Lucas last season. We would of been even more overloaded with centre mids plus he did spend his transfer budget plus most of this seasons on absolute SHIIIIIIITE !

Whether the Americans are giving us enough money to spend or not he knew his budget and got the owners blessing to go over budget but his gamble never paid off coz we are left with less money this season and a load of shit on decent wages and long contracts to try and shift now.

I am angry about the owners not spending enough , its really winding me up but you cant blame them for being cautious. They were well stung last year.

But thats the problem Johnny, nothing is happening with the stadium almost two years after they came in, why should we get behind them until they actually give us a reason to do so?

I fully appreciate that and have moaned about it myself, but there's a big difference between been wary, and completely turning on them as so many have.

Some of the vitriol is worse then H&G got. It's ridiculous. Sone banal comment in the paper and there are people calling them cunts.

And the people bemoaning the manager can completely fuck off.

I don't think Kenny deserved another year at all. If it had been uncle woy everyone would have wanted his head for how poor our 2nd half of the season was. Actually wanting carroll, downing, adam and henderson was bad enough. But even though they were playing total turd he still kept on using them. Everyone knew they were all going to play in the final to justify him buying them even though they were crap. kenny would have kept on doing the same thing next season so i can see why they sacked him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A lot of this thread is a fucking embarrassment. A total and utter fucking embarrassment.

On the eve of a new season we have people who just can't wait to get the boot in on the owners, manager, players, anything, no matter what piece comes out in the press. It fucking stinks.

Fucking stop it and get behind the fucking club until something actually happens.

Jesus I swear half you aren't happy unless your fucking miserable.

Absolutely. Empty vessels are making the most noise on this one. One minute you'll hear 'the owners aren't going to spend any money' and the next you'll get '15m is a fucking joke for Allen, the owners are clueless' from the same person.

They quite literally can do no right. And if people think the problem is with fans who want to 'remain vigilant' then they're more obtuse than I thought, and that's really saying something. Blinkered shithouses.

It seems to me on this thread the people calling for patience are showing the most vitriol to others. Its perfectly fine to have doubts about the owners in fact they have made a lot of mistakes for me hiring commoli being one of the biggest. This being stung thing is utter bullshit though these things happen and it shouldn't be used to justify them spending little in the future, plenty of transfers they will make money on and plenty they will lose.

He didn't really need to say that. Him not putting in a penny since buying the club spoke volumes.

If they also plan to continue doing fuck all regarding the stadium, I fail to see how he or anyone else can expect the club to do any better then standing still, at best.

Yeah, aside from pay off our massive debt, he's not put a fucking penny in, the cunt.

When Kenny left the club he made a point to tell us to stick behind the owners and to trust them. He made it clear that after working with them for a year, his impression was that they're the kind of owners who will turn us into a success. And he is a very cynical man.

Maybe those who are so cocksure about how shit the owners are should consider that they know fuck all compared to a manager and a man who worked with them for over a year.

That is the only thing that keeps me trusting them. They've made some awful decisions so far but it is important to let this summer and season pan out before we can make a true judgement.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Nothing has happened with.the stadium for nearly 15 years.

Yeah, but the last 90 odd weeks the new owners have had the club are the ones that count.

When Kenny left the club he made a point to tell us to stick behind the owners and to trust them. He made it clear that after working with them for a year, his impression was that they're the kind of owners who will turn us into a success. And he is a very cynical man.

Maybe those who are so cocksure about how shit the owners are should consider that they know fuck all compared to a manager and a man who worked with them for over a year.

That is the only thing that keeps me trusting them. They've made some awful decisions so far but it is important to let this summer and season pan out before we can make a true judgement.

A curious argument.

Firstly with an £8m compromise agreement , warm words on both sides are part of the deal. I would not describe KK as cynical – more pragmatic.

Sometimes it is easier to take a detached, rather than involved view. After the Suarez retraction and his dismissal, Kenny would not claim to be an expert at judging and delivering what FSG require.

Why is it unreasonable to make a judgement on FSG after eighteen months?

I don’t think that FSG are shit owners, nor do I know others who do. They were an investment club who saved us from a possible Glasgow Rangers style meltdown. Thank you. There was, and is, no-one else. Why should they know what they are doing? They brought their cash, not their football expertise. My criticism is that they have failed to recruit in talent to bridge the obvious knowledge and skills gap.

And just maybe this isn’t about FSG. Maybe it is about a changed football landscape, where FC Anzhi Makhachkala and Shanghai Shenua can pay better wages than us, where PSG are resurgent in the transfer and wages market, and where a new TV deal will staunch the flow of Brazillian and South American talent to Europe. Without CL football we won’t need a new stadium. Maybe FSG see things more realistically than we do?

Nothing has happened with.the stadium for nearly 15 years.

Correct but not entirely.

Moores sold the club because he could not afford to build one, but we saw the plans for the stadium.

H&G came in and started working on it and got a design made.

FSG comes in under the conditions that they will sort out the stadium issue and fuck all happens for two years.

Its not like the club did not have different kind of ""plans in place already, its not like they had to start from scratch from out of nowhere.

If you cant even decide on if you want a redevelopment or a new stadium after two years what can you do except from managing to lower expectations while you trim the wage bill and try to increase income by taking advantage of our massive fan base so you can sell the club for a nice profit short term.

Guest San Don
I don't think Kenny deserved another year at all. If it had been uncle woy everyone would have wanted his head for how poor our 2nd half of the season was. Actually wanting carroll, downing, adam and henderson was bad enough. But even though they were playing total turd he still kept on using them. Everyone knew they were all going to play in the final to justify him buying them even though they were crap. kenny would have kept on doing the same thing next season so i can see why they sacked him.

This is the type of revisionist shite Im talking about. For most of the season we played some great football. We went downhill from March and when Lucas got injured.

If (yes, I know 'if') we had of scored half those goals instead of coming back off the post or the keepers hadnt of played blinders or if our keeper had of shown some of the form of the oppos, people would have an entirely different perspective on the season.

It now seems many of our fans expect, no, demand, instant success even though we got 2 fucking cup finals and won one.

Code, they're the first people to actually look into staying at Anfield with any sort of vigour.

You say it as its some kind of good thing.

Moores looked into it, found it impossible for different reasons and moved forward to the plans of a new stadium that could help the club move forward in the long run.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This is the type of revisionist shite Im talking about. For most of the season we played some great football. We went downhill from March and when Lucas got injured.

We played toothless, old-fashioned football in-front on the defensive of the other teams. Yeah, we controlled the game, sometimes it was a better performance than the result, but 'great football' doesn't encapsulate what that was.

'Great' football is winning football. Great football is what Barcelona play, it's how we used to play, it's what Ajax played. What we did last season was never 'great'. That's revisionism.

Guest San Don
A curious argument.

Firstly with an £8m compromise agreement , warm words on both sides are part of the deal. I would not describe KK as cynical – more pragmatic.

You've no fucking idea. The King was entitled to his 'compromise agreement' under the terms of his contract. Course, I expect you think he should have had none.

To suggest, as you do, that his 'warm words' were bought is, frankly, a disgrace but then i'd expect nothing else from you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You say it as its some kind of good thing.

Moores looked into it, found it impossible for different reasons and moved forward to the plans of a new stadium that could help the club move forward in the long run.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. I've wanted a new stadium for longer than the plans for one existed. However, whether it's right or wrong, it takes time to look into doing it. Moores didn't look into it in the same way FSG have.

It's what the majority of fans seem to want. It takes time.

Guest davelfc

Haven't the houses surrounding Anfield always been the problem with possible expansion? I thought this was being addressed right now and the reason no firm decision announced out of respect for the process of negotiating with people that own the houses.

Actually more to do with house owners holding out for more money once an announcement was made, hence the appearance of dithering.

I could be totally wrong here but that's what I thought. I agree with code as I believe they are investors that want a saleable club and will do everything they can to minimise spending while driving up the value. The commercial deals, expansion instead of a new stadium, lowering the wage bill.

They saved us, I too thank them for that. But I think we are in for a bumpy few years because I don't think we will like the new saleable product and I don't think any potential buyers will either.

A lot of this thread is a fucking embarrassment. A total and utter fucking embarrassment.

On the eve of a new season we have people who just can't wait to get the boot in on the owners, manager, players, anything, no matter what piece comes out in the press. It fucking stinks.

Fucking stop it and get behind the fucking club until something actually happens.

Jesus I swear half you aren't happy unless your fucking miserable.

dogvscarp1.gif