You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC approach Wigan for martinez

Guest San Don

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some fans who still think he's shit, they are just too stubborn to admit that they were wrong, either that or haven't got a fucking clue about football.

Or possibly they just have a different opinion. I love how it's becoming fact now that he's some sort of class player. It's like a painful real version of the emperors new clothes. Benitez is the emperor and his subjects are all the mongs who lap his shit up.

Although there's a whole bunch of issues regarding not having a manager, or not being able to bring in some new names during the summer but...

is there ANY mileage in the owners saying "OK - we've interviewed and don't believe any of the candidates are quite what we're looking for"?

Even if that means having to wait a few months, or even worse... longer, getting the right man has to be a better option than just trying to get the best of what's currently available (if it ends up being the wrong man).

I'm not a fan on interim manager arrangements but maybe, just maybe something like that MIGHT seduce Pep - the fact that Liverpool would be prepared to wait a year for him - because they want him that bad. Sign an agreement now, but he doesn't have to lift a finger for a year?

I know it sounds a bit far fetched and possibly unrealistic, but can it not be a better option than choosing someone just for the sake of it - because they were the only option at the time... where it will result in the same situation next year, and with more money spent in the process?

Guest TK-421
Although there's a whole bunch of issues regarding not having a manager, or not being able to bring in some new names during the summer but...

is there ANY mileage in the owners saying "OK - we've interviewed and don't believe any of the candidates are quite what we're looking for"?

Even if that means having to wait a few months, or even worse... longer, getting the right man has to be a better option than just trying to get the best of what's currently available (if it ends up being the wrong man).

I'm not a fan on interim manager arrangements but maybe, just maybe something like that MIGHT seduce Pep - the fact that Liverpool would be prepared to wait a year for him - because they want him that bad. Sign an agreement now, but he doesn't have to lift a finger for a year?

I know it sounds a bit far fetched and possibly unrealistic, but can it not be a better option than choosing someone just for the sake of it - because they were the only option at the time... where it will result in the same situation next year, and with more money spent in the process?

What's in it for Guardiola? Why would he want to commit himself and then wait for a year? In that time we could deteriorate and be in an even shittier mess in 12 months time.

No, no mileage in that for me.

What's in it for Guardiola? Why would he want to commit himself and then wait for a year? In that time we could deteriorate and be in an even shittier mess in 12 months time.

No, no mileage in that for me.

Quite. It's fucking ridiculous.

Laughable as it may have seemed even two or three years ago, even a shit, joke of a club like Arab City are a FAR more attractive proposition for players and managers than Liverpool these days. They have the title, a great squad, and owners who are willing to spend a billion pounds to win a trophy.

You can't compete with a bottomless pit of money, and everyone knows it.

It doesn't have to BE Pep, that was just an example... the point being, if you can't get who you want - what do you do? settle for whatever you can, or hold out until you can get someone you're happy with?

After the European Championships - the managerial landscape might change.

Panic buying (at a managerial level) could make matters worse.

I agree - shouldn't have got rid of Kenny at all, and even if they wanted to replace him - at least hedge their bets until they had a replacement.

Do you genuinely believe this?

And whose word do we have on this being true?

He' date=' or someone, has probably spoken to Tomkins the same as with Alan Kayll, but that's a big leap to them advising. Keep a couple of potentially influential people on side and suddenly they're seen as advisors.[/quote']

Paul Tomkins said so in a statement last week and I've no reason not to take him at his word.

Or possibly they just have a different opinion. I love how it's becoming fact now that he's some sort of class player. It's like a painful real version of the emperors new clothes. Benitez is the emperor and his subjects are all the mongs who lap his shit up.

I'm certainly not a Benitez subject, I wouldn't want him back as manager but I do appreciate how good of a player Lucas is and how a lot of what he does goes without praise by some.

I'm certainly not a Benitez subject, I wouldn't want him back as manager but I do appreciate how good of a player Lucas is and how a lot of what he does goes without praise by some.

Pretty ironic that our results have dropped massively since this footballing genius became a regular in our team, you would have thought him being a CM and one of the best in the world never mind the league that he would influence our performances in a more positive way or what?

Pretty ironic that our results have dropped massively since this footballing genius became a regular in our team, you would have thought him being a CM and one of the best in the world never mind the league that he would influence our performances in a more positive way or what?

Best in the world? Don't remember saying that? Strange how we've been so shit this season after he go injured isn't it?

Best in the world? Don't remember saying that? Strange how we've been so shit this season after he go injured isn't it?

Others have.

Its not strange at all, the replacements have just been even shitter.

We reached our first two finals for years though, with him just playing 3 games in the early stages of the Carling Cup in those competitions.

It looks like it is Rodgers, unless I have misread the latest from Jenkins! I think is Swansea have denied permission it would be Martinez, but he is reporting our search as over.

He said we have a new manager but hasn't said who. Can't be rogers as we haven't even spoken to him.

max farnham just been spotted at traffic lights near melwood in his maroon xjs. more news to follow.

I saw Patricia Farnham in the Waitrose on Finchley Road before the FA cup final, obviously she was 'Bob' then, still fit.

Others have.

Its not strange at all, the replacements have just been even shitter.

We reached our first two finals for years though, with him just playing 3 games in the early stages of the Carling Cup in those competitions.

The replacements haven't been up to scratch, that is true but Lucas is probably the best we can expect for that position. We don't have the money to go out and buy the likes on M'Villa etc and as we aren't in the Champions League, we won't be that much of an attraction to World class players.