You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That should be brilliant.

Word must have got round, everyone on the road was in Italian kits today. Campag, Mapei, Lampre, Castelli and even I was in my Bianchi top. Great to see - apart from the Mapei kit that is, its fucking horrible he must have been wearing it for a bet.

You would think with all the money Sky have poured into cycling in the last four years that they would actually show some cycling. Eurosport HD yesterday was wall to wall cycling, which was decent, my only gripe was that the majority wasn't actually in HD. La Vuelta has started well though, some gritty breakaways yesterday, and lot's of helicopter shots of goats in fields

You would think with all the money Sky have poured into cycling in the last four years that they would actually show some cycling. Eurosport HD yesterday was wall to wall cycling, which was decent, my only gripe was that the majority wasn't actually in HD. La Vuelta has started well though, some gritty breakaways yesterday, and lot's of helicopter shots of goats in fields

Was having similar thoughts myself.....a cycling channel even?

Update: Sorted

Go to My Segments, Go to Explore, Find Athletes. Bingo! However, Havent found you yet....on Page 8 of the Jennings's!

I am JCTJennings.

Athlete!!! I am an athlete. More in the Jockey Wilson sense than Usain Bolt.

Yeah, even ITV4 have increased the length of "The Cycle Show" to an hour. Imlach still the most laidback presenter ever on the various Tour highlights as well. Sort yourselves out Sky!

I've been watching this....well-pitched for 'amateurs' (like me) and more serious cyclists, I'd say

Anyone else use a cycle computer? Went out on a new route this morning and had just got to the top of a fairly stiff climb (round Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh) when I looked at my computer and realised that the thing wasnt working. I fiddled around with the positioning but for reasons that I've yet to discover it only worked intermittently after that for the rest of my route. Not being able to check at a glance my speed and distance covered really affected my enjoyment of the cycle and I ended up cutting it short. I had the route recorded on Strava to look at when I got back but it wasnt the same as being able to check as I was going along. A bit OCD?

Anyone else use a cycle computer? Went out on a new route this morning and had just got to the top of a fairly stiff climb (round Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh) when I looked at my computer and realised that the thing wasnt working. I fiddled around with the positioning but for reasons that I've yet to discover it only worked intermittently after that for the rest of my route. Not being able to check at a glance my speed and distance covered really affected my enjoyment of the cycle and I ended up cutting it short. I had the route recorded on Strava to look at when I got back but it wasnt the same as being able to check as I was going along. A bit OCD?

Are you sure you hadn't just knocked the sensor? they have to be within 2mm of each other on mine, something ridiculous like that. I had similar problems with mine until i realised they just weren't close enough.

Not sure. As I said, it was fine for the first 10k or so and then must have just stopped working. I tried fiddling with the positioning but it only seemed to work intermittently after that. Maybe they just need tightening into position?

Starts tomorrow night.

Following the Tour de France finale and Team GB's Olympic success, Sky Atlantic HD announce that on Thursday 30 August at 8pm, five part series British Cycling: Road To Glory will debut on the channel. Forming part of Sky’s investment in home grown content, the Twofour produced series will focus on the world of cycling, following some of the most high profile names in the sport, including Tour de France 2012 winner and Olympic Gold medallist Bradley Wiggins.

British Cycling: The Road To Glory will offer an insight into the inner workings and stars of both the professional road outfit Team Sky and the national British Cycling team. It will lay bare the extraordinary physical, psychological and tactical dimensions of both professional cycling and the bid for continued Olympic success at London 2012. The series will also feature key coaches behind the bid, including Dave Brailsford, Performance Director of British Cycling and Team Principal for Team Sky.

Also airing later this year will be one-off documentary Bradley Wiggins: Tour Of Duty, which will give a no-holds barred look at how one of Britain’s brightest sport stars balances his professional and personal life. Cameras will follow Wiggins across some of Europe’s toughest races as he trains for the Tour De France and succeeds in becoming the first British rider to win cycling’s most iconic professional race. The documentary will also look to capture the personality of Wiggins as he trains and competes for the Tour, following his journey and speaking to those closest to him. The film will be directed by John Dower (Thriller in Manila).

Sky has been the principal partner of British Cycling since early 2008 and is committed to the partnership until the end of 2016. The main aim of this partnership is to get one million more people cycling regularly (once a month or at least 12 times per year) by 2013. Sky and British Cycling have a shared vision to build an epic success story for British sport for today and in the future.

British Cycling: Road To Glory will exclusively air on Sky Atlantic HD and Sky Atlantic from Thursday 30 August at 8pm while Bradley Wiggins: Tour Of Duty will follow later in the year.

Bradley Wiggins and co. pedal onto Sky Atlantic HD - Sky Atlantic HD

Anyone got any suggestions about why I'm getting pins and needles in my hands, left one especially, when I'm cycling?

Thanks for the link but its not an injury the pins and needles stop if I just take my hand off the handlebars and give them a shake. I'm going for bad hand positioning. I tried some padded gloves today and had no trouble but it wasnt a true test as it was only a short cycle. Next step might be to try out some different handlebars

Thanks for the link but its not an injury the pins and needles stop if I just take my hand off the handlebars and give them a shake. I'm going for bad hand positioning. I tried some padded gloves today and had no trouble but it wasnt a true test as it was only a short cycle. Next step might be to try out some different handlebars

how new is the tape on the bars? thats another cheap upgrade before you start lashing out big money.