You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's a total longshot but he did compliment us on our youth academy just over 12 months ago, and predicted that many of our youth team could become star players.

Hopefully the challenge of turning those kids into stars would be enough of a challenge to seduce him.

He wud hav to if ee came ere given he would have some overpaid cunt above him siging players.

I note Maureen has said he may quit Real to come to England for family reasons. Again another ace manager we wouldnt attract under our structure no matter what we paid. Him at the mancs next year, Pep at Chelsea or Arsenal if Wenger steps down while we pull our pud over Dave Whelans wifes face with him looking on Dunc style.

There is no god.

He wud hav to if ee came ere given he would have some overpaid cunt above him siging players.

I note Maureen has said he may quit Real to come to England for family reasons. Again another ace manager we wouldnt attract under our structure no matter what we paid. Him at the mancs next year, Pep at Chelsea or Arsenal if Wenger steps down while we pull our pud over Dave Whelans wifes face with him looking on Dunc style.

There is no god.

Would you really want 'The special one' here?

• 4 months later...

Liverpool FC fan flies the flag at the Ryder Cup and gives Pep Guardiola a Don't Buy The Sun sticker

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/10/01/liverpool-fc-fan-flies-the-flag-at-the-ryder-cup-and-gives-pep-guardiola-a-don-t-buy-the-sun-sticker-100252-31943777/#ixzz284Y6Y7wM

Colin said: "I hung the flag over and noticed someone turn around. It was [former Barcelona manager] Pep Guardiola. He said 'Liverpool' and put his thumbs up.

"He was a smashing fella. He knew exactly what I was there for. I gave him a Don't Buy The Sun sticker and he said 'I understand' and put it on.

"He stayed for every tee off. His little daughter was fast asleep, snoring behind the tee box."

pep-guardiola-ryder-cup-250-820537582.jpg

Liverpool FC fan flies the flag at the Ryder Cup and gives Pep Guardiola a Don't Buy The Sun sticker

Read More Liverpool FC fan flies the flag at the Ryder Cup and gives Pep Guardiola a Don't Buy The Sun sticker - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

Colin said: "I hung the flag over and noticed someone turn around. It was [former Barcelona manager] Pep Guardiola. He said 'Liverpool' and put his thumbs up.

"He was a smashing fella. He knew exactly what I was there for. I gave him a Don't Buy The Sun sticker and he said 'I understand' and put it on.

"He stayed for every tee off. His little daughter was fast asleep, snoring behind the tee box."

That's smashing.

Seems a nice chap, but it's so hard to tell how good he is, or isn't.

Until a manager's done it over a number of years, and preferably at different clubs, any success can be put down to a purple patch.

As for coming to Liverpool? hmmm, if Rodgers made things worse, then it would be even less attractive to Pep, and if Rodgers improved things, why would you want to get rid of him? And it's not like Rodgers would leave for a bigger club... it really would have to be one of the Spanish two or Bayern to possibly tempt Rodgers away from Liverpool if he was doing well.

I think top 4 Liverpool would interest Pep. Bit of a challenge, fantastic history, and just 'something about the club' that sets it apart from so many.

Just my opinion of course.

Until a manager's done it over a number of years, and preferably at different clubs, any success can be put down to a purple patch.

As for coming to Liverpool? hmmm, if Rodgers made things worse, then it would be even less attractive to Pep, and if Rodgers improved things, why would you want to get rid of him? And it's not like Rodgers would leave for a bigger club... it really would have to be one of the Spanish two or Bayern to possibly tempt Rodgers away from Liverpool if he was doing well.

I think top 4 Liverpool would interest Pep. Bit of a challenge, fantastic history, and just 'something about the club' that sets it apart from so many.

Are you a K.G.B sleeper agent?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Read More Liverpool FC fan flies the flag at the Ryder Cup and gives Pep Guardiola a Don't Buy The Sun sticker - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

On a scale of 1 to fucking awesome:

1<-------------------------------|-> Fucking Awesome

• 1 month later...

As he's being discussed in that other thread at present, I thought I should point out that Guardiola didn't have the best success rate when signing non-Spanish players from abroad. Some of them never played, and others lasted a season before being shipped out at a huge loss. When Guardiola spent big on players who were either Spanish or already playing in la Liga, these players settled much better. I've listed Mascherano - who had featured prominently under Guardiola - but he's had to play as an emergency centre-back in order to get a regular place in the team.

2008/09:

Hleb (Arsenal) - €15m + €2m add-ons

Henrique (Palmeiras) - €8m + €2m add-ons

2009/10:

Ibrahimovic (Inter) - €42m + Samuel Eto'o

Keirrison (Coritiba) - €14m + €2m add-ons

Maxwell (Inter) - €4.5m + €0.5m add-ons

Chygrynskiy (Shakhtar) - €25m

2010/11:

Mascherano (Liverpool) - €19m + €4m add-ons

Afellay (PSV) - €3m

2011/12:

Sanchez (Udinese) - €26m + €11m add-ons

Don't think the manager at Barca has much say in transfers.

They are a coach, not a manager.

Remember watching the bbc documentary when Rijkaard was manager. Laporta and the other directors seemed to buy the players and run the club.

He Inherited a squad containing the greatest player in the world, plus a host of world class players in other positions. He'd already seen most of them close up having worked as the B team boss, and was successful but in a time when spanish football was at It's least competitive, as Real offered the only threat to the league title.

His next job, irregardless of where it is will be the real test.

Unless he get's the Celtic job!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 years later...