You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rolling Stones

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Never had a problem with stadium gigs, not much chance of seeing top concerts if you rule stadiums out.

Anyway, jealous as fuck of anyone going tonight, should be special.

She’s getting ready now. She knows about 3 songs. Should be me taking her mum ffs 

Echo and the Bunnymen support and all. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She’s getting ready now. She knows about 3 songs. Should be me taking her mum ffs 

Echo and the Bunnymen support and all. 

Bet she knows more when they crank them out.

And I thought I was jealous.

Never really in to Echo, sure they'll be good live though. 

That was absolutely brilliant. Bunnymen were good, but to be honest I've seen them loads and they suit smaller venues, still good though.

But the Stones - wow. Amazing. What a fucking set list. Can't believe i haven't bothered my arse to see them live before.

Highlights for me were the opener (Street Fighting Man), Keith doing You Got the Silver, and then Start Me Up - the place erupted for that, and it was getting dark by then so the atmosphere for the second half was magic. 

• Upvote 1

That was one of the best gigs I’ve been too. And, I say that as someone who once had the privilege of seeing Black Lace at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom.  

I agree on what @Barrington Womble says about Jagger. He’s a freak of nature. I thought he was early 70s, but read a review last night that said he is 78 and that makes it all the more impressive. Ronnie Wood was having a good stomp around too. Keith Richards seemed a bit more static (with his new Firmino gnashers) and seemed to really appreciate his personal shout out from the crowd. A big, massive smile on his face. And, that was the theme of the night wherever you looked. Just people smiling, buzzing, singing their heads off and dancing enjoying the mighty fine show that was being put on for them. 

Echo & The Bunnymen were great too. 

The only negative was that we got robbed on Breck Road afterwards. I mean, £35 for an Uber to L17! We just decided to pay it as it’s a bit sketchy round there after midnight! 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That was absolutely brilliant. Bunnymen were good, but to be honest I've seen them loads and they suit smaller venues, still good though.

But the Stones - wow. Amazing. What a fucking set list. Can't believe i haven't bothered my arse to see them live before.

Highlights for me were the opener (Street Fighting Man), Keith doing You Got the Silver, and then Start Me Up - the place erupted for that, and it was getting dark by then so the atmosphere for the second half was magic. 

I was a bit worried the bunnymen would be a bit too small in sound to play somewhere that big, but they carried it off great. I also think it would have been better if it was as dark as it was at the end of the stones set. It definitely makes a difference after it gets dark, but this stupid country the weather is only good enough for these outdoor shows once it takes till 10 to get dark. 

20 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

That was one of the best gigs I’ve been too. And, I say that as someone who once had the privilege of seeing Black Lace at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom.  

I agree on what @Barrington Womble says about Jagger. He’s a freak of nature. I thought he was early 70s, but read a review last night that said he is 78 and that makes it all the more impressive. Ronnie Wood was having a good stomp around too. Keith Richards seemed a bit more static (with his new Firmino gnashers) and seemed to really appreciate his personal shout out from the crowd. A big, massive smile on his face. And, that was the theme of the night wherever you looked. Just people smiling, buzzing, singing their heads off and dancing enjoying the mighty fine show that was being put on for them. 

Echo & The Bunnymen were great too. 

The only negative was that we got robbed on Breck Road afterwards. I mean, £35 for an Uber to L17! We just decided to pay it as it’s a bit sketchy round there after midnight! 

We had a similar robbing on Walton road. Waited half an hour for a bus and there was nothing but a bigger queue to show for it, so stumped up for an Uber - 24 quid to Walton vale! I probably could have walked it in an hour, but I was fucked. 

So fucking jealous. I could hear it from the back door. She came in with her mum who said it's the best gig she's ever been too. Probably the wine and emotion etc but she's seen The Beatles back in the day amongst many others. 

Jagger is just phenomenal. The Beatles have their own sound and will never be bettered but The Rolling Stones will always be the greatest rock and roll band ever. 

• Upvote 2

Was brilliant last night. A couple of people who saw them the last few years said that they've been shit and Mick Jagger wasn't singing the songs properly. 

They were excellent and Jaggers singing was really good. Enjoyed Out of Time as it reminds me of Once Upon a time in Hollywood. 

The pubs round Anfield were shite with ridiculously slow service. The Albert is one shite pub and they charged £16.95 for two pints and a Jack Daniels. Ended up going the petrol station and sitting off outside drinking cans. A lot of other people gave up in the pubs and ended up getting stuff from the garage. Talked to people from Argentina, Iceland and Canada who had all come over to watch the gig. 

Saw a scrap outside as we left the concert. Some dickhead woolyback decided he would act dead hard picking up half empty bottles and throwing them into the crowd walking out. One hit an older fella on the back and soaked him but he turned round and never saw him throwing it.

This dickhead decided he'd do it again and it landed on some fellas shoulder soaking him, he just turned back and lamped the knobhead throwing it then smashed his head onto one of the metal barriers. The stewards broke it up but then he started whingeing to the steward that he had been beaten up for no reason and needed first aid for the cut above his eye. You wonder why dickheads spend a load of money just to go out and act a twat to ruin other people's nights. 

20220609_205040.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Was brilliant last night. A couple of people who saw them the last few years said that they've been shit and Mick Jagger wasn't singing the songs properly. 

They were excellent and Jaggers singing was really good. Enjoyed Out of Time as it reminds me of Once Upon a time in Hollywood. 

The pubs round Anfield were shite with ridiculously slow service. The Albert is one shite pub and they charged £16.95 for two pints and a Jack Daniels. Ended up going the petrol station and sitting off outside drinking cans. A lot of other people gave up in the pubs and ended up getting stuff from the garage. Talked to people from Argentina, Iceland and Canada who had all come over to watch the gig. 

Saw a scrap outside as we left the concert. Some dickhead woolyback decided he would act dead hard picking up half empty bottles and throwing them into the crowd walking out. One hit an older fella on the back and soaked him but he turned round and never saw him throwing it.

This dickhead decided he'd do it again and it landed on some fellas shoulder soaking him, he just turned back and lamped the knobhead throwing it then smashed his head onto one of the metal barriers. The stewards broke it up but then he started whingeing to the steward that he had been beaten up for no reason and needed first aid for the cut above his eye. You wonder why dickheads spend a load of money just to go out and act a twat to ruin other people's nights. 

20220609_205040.jpg

Fucking size of them 

• 3 weeks later...

My uncle and his new bird went to see them at Anfield. He's changed his fucking tune, a few years a go they were shite and he'd rather go to Old Trafford. Nothing to do with the fact she likes them obviously.

Absolutely gutted that their "problematically heteronormative essentialism" has just ruined the best part of 60 years' worth of music. I'll never listen to Street Fightin' Man again in protest.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jul/02/mick-jagger-my-life-as-a-rolling-stone-review-the-singer-would-hate-this-documentary

GET FUCKED. Milquetoast cunt bloggers.

11 hours ago, Mudface said:

Absolutely gutted that their "problematically heteronormative essentialism" has just ruined the best part of 60 years' worth of music. I'll never listen to Street Fightin' Man again in protest.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jul/02/mick-jagger-my-life-as-a-rolling-stone-review-the-singer-would-hate-this-documentary

GET FUCKED. Milquetoast cunt bloggers.

People like that journalist make me feel fucking sick.

Where musicians bring great joy to the World, they bring flowery worded misery & self indulgent over analysis of everything.

Cunts.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Currently reading the Charlie Watts biography, and its a great read! Although when he joined The Stones, he took an initial pay cut, he could see that they were ultimately going to give him solid income. A talented graphic designer, he gave it all away to sit behind the kit.

336EDCEA-68BF-42A4-A3AF-74862F4B2CA7.jpeg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...