You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sayers - Ripping Off Liverpool To Subsidise Wools

Anubis

I've noticed that Sayer's have re-branded their Hampson's shops in wool areas like Ormskirk, and are now calling themselves The Pound Bakery. It's still Sayer's, as I've seen their lorries delivering there.

Anyway, they've kept their Liverpool outlets as Sayer's shops, and are stil charging the prices they have been. However in the newly re-branded shops their pies (which we pay over the odds for) are only £1. Their deal for two large sausauge rolls in Liverpool (£1.50) is only £1. And all their other deals are £1 or so many for £1. Their sandwiches are reduced to basic thick cut bread instead of a fancy roll, but are also reduced from £2+ to £1.

In short, their Liverpool customers are still paying top whack, but the outlying areas are paying less. I'm surprised our shitty local press hasn't got onto this.

I've noticed that Sayer's have re-branded their Hampson's shops in wool areas like Ormskirk, and are now calling themselves The Pound Bakery. It's still Sayer's, as I've seen their lorries delivering there.

Anyway, they've kept their Liverpool outlets as Sayer's shops, and are stil charging the prices they have been. However in the newly re-branded shops their pies (which we pay over the odds for) are only £1. Their deal for two large sausauge rolls in Liverpool (£1.50) is only £1. And all their other deals are £1 or so many for £1. Their sandwiches are reduced to basic thick cut bread instead of a fancy roll, but are also reduced from £2+ to £1.

In short, their Liverpool customers are still paying top whack, but the outlying areas are paying less. I'm surprised our shitty local press hasn't got onto this.

it is actually different food in the pound bakery though, and it is also a hell of a lot better there too so fuck knows why that ones cheaper

The Sayers in Runcorn shopping city is a haven for teenage mums shoving flakey

Sausage rolls into the mitts of their bastard no shoed offspring, I'm sure the CSA hand out lunch tokens.

On the plus side they used to do corned beef hash pasties that were ace.

Got mine from the one in Runcorn Old Town but should have got a cheese and onion one instead.

Change is not always better.

Guest The Chimp

Me and the Mrs went to the Sayers in Belle Vale when I was back home; I was left underwhelmed. Nothing there. Every time my Mrs asked for something she was greeted with, "haven't got it." In the end I said to the woman "have you actually got anything? Be quicker just telling us what you've got and we'll go from there eh." Knew I should've gone to Gregs but my Mrs won't go there. Ended up with a sausage roll which was alright like. I was pretty fucked off then, but this is just the final straw. An out and out outrage. I'm fully endorsing a massive campaign of fire-bombing here. It's the only alternative left.

b2rybT6kTiRiznl-byrpjQxeXFlfEMwhd7TDiF5NTlNF32F3fWs1omvep2DH5kFHpQN608WmGjgdIdCI=s320

Shite.

Guest ShoePiss
The Cornish rolls there are the food of the gods. Not cheap though, last time I went they were charging £1.40 for tiny meat pies.

Were they the still warm cheshire beef meat pies? If so they are fucking delicious, it was probably about 15 years ago when I had them at a place in Runcorn old town and it sounds like it was the devonshire.

There's a Pound Bakery in the Swan now. Didn't know they were anything to do with Sayers.

Me and the Mrs went to the Sayers in Belle Vale when I was back home; I was left underwhelmed. Nothing there. Every time my Mrs asked for something she was greeted with, "haven't got it." In the end I said to the woman "have you actually got anything? Be quicker just telling us what you've got and we'll go from there eh." Knew I should've gone to Gregs but my Mrs won't go there. Ended up with a sausage roll which was alright like. I was pretty fucked off then, but this is just the final straw. An out and out outrage. I'm fully endorsing a massive campaign of fire-bombing here. It's the only alternative left.

b2rybT6kTiRiznl-byrpjQxeXFlfEMwhd7TDiF5NTlNF32F3fWs1omvep2DH5kFHpQN608WmGjgdIdCI=s320

Shite.

Why didn't you walk the 50 yards up to the Gregg's at the other end?!

It's surely a flawed business model to call it the pound bakery. When they inevitably have to put the prices up it means they either have to change their name or stop doing 2 for 1 (i.e. double their price in one hit).

Also, how is this new pasty tax going to affect them?