You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is anyone else's intelligence a little insulted by the constant need for pyrotechnics, shit music and shittier dancers at EVERY FUCKING T20 INTERNATIONAL?!?!?!

Is the game itself not entertaining enough??? It just reeks of desperation, but I wonder how these things which are so far removed from the game itself, are going to make people take an interest in Test cricket (which is ultimately the aim, yes?)

BTW, whoever at the ICC thought it was a wise move to have a major tournament hosted by a nation at the beginning of its monsoon season? Fuck me, it's a joke seeing games being decided by 7 or 8 overs per side. Would make the final a farce, were it to occur then.

And while I'm having a rant, I just thought I'd point out that despite being the best or close to the best nation for the better part of the last 2 decades, Australia has hosted a total of zero major tournaments (that Johnnie Walker 'Super Series' doesn't count!) since they co-hosted the 1992 World Cup. Imran Khan was the winning captain of that FFS! South Africa, England, West Indies and the Asian bloc have all hosted at least 2 of the ICC World Cup, Champions Trophy or T20 World Cup (which is bi-annual, so there have been even more of these!) in that time. Why the fuck has it taken so long for any of these to finally return to Australia and/or New Zealand? As it is, we have to wait another 2.5 years before we get the World Cup again. Way too long between drinks.

Guest Pistonbroke
Lets hope you dont live to regret writing that!

Well i did only write it was the easiest group and not that we would qualify. Should be some cracking matches to watch if the weather doesn't fuck it up.

Is anyone else's intelligence a little insulted by the constant need for pyrotechnics, shit music and shittier dancers at EVERY FUCKING T20 INTERNATIONAL?!?!?!

Is the game itself not entertaining enough??? It just reeks of desperation, but I wonder how these things which are so far removed from the game itself, are going to make people take an interest in Test cricket (which is ultimately the aim, yes?)

BTW, whoever at the ICC thought it was a wise move to have a major tournament hosted by a nation at the beginning of its monsoon season? Fuck me, it's a joke seeing games being decided by 7 or 8 overs per side. Would make the final a farce, were it to occur then.

And while I'm having a rant, I just thought I'd point out that despite being the best or close to the best nation for the better part of the last 2 decades, Australia has hosted a total of zero major tournaments (that Johnnie Walker 'Super Series' doesn't count!) since they co-hosted the 1992 World Cup. Imran Khan was the winning captain of that FFS! South Africa, England, West Indies and the Asian bloc have all hosted at least 2 of the ICC World Cup, Champions Trophy or T20 World Cup (which is bi-annual, so there have been even more of these!) in that time. Why the fuck has it taken so long for any of these to finally return to Australia and/or New Zealand? As it is, we have to wait another 2.5 years before we get the World Cup again. Way too long between drinks.

Have to agree with most of that...and add one of my own, the very poor crowds at most of the games I've seen. And what with the rain it has all seemed rather sad at times

Guest Pistonbroke
Have to agree with most of that...and add one of my own, the very poor crowds at most of the games I've seen. And what with the rain it has all seemed rather sad at times

The crowds have been a huge disappointment.

I can see a time when two cricket boards choose to hold a test series in the UK because of a lack of crowds and the extra money they'd make.

Yeah, me too. England, Australia and South Africa are the only real places where Test cricket is consistently supported by healthy crowds, seemingly regardless of the opposition, although naturally an Ashes series etc will draw even bigger than usual.

In a time when a consistently good umpire such as Simon Taufel has never been able to umpire a Test match in Australia for fear of a perception of bias, the BCCI has way too much say in how cricket is run and when it is played. The minute players are looking to rest from a Test series because they are tired from a recently completed IPL season, alarm bells should be ringing for those with the games best interests at heart.

Unfortunately, the ICC remind me all too much of another corrupt, money-loving, worldwide sporting organisation :whistle:

Yeah, me too. England, Australia and South Africa are the only real places where Test cricket is consistently supported by healthy crowds, seemingly regardless of the opposition, although naturally an Ashes series etc will draw even bigger than usual.

In a time when a consistently good umpire such as Simon Taufel has never been able to umpire a Test match in Australia for fear of a perception of bias, the BCCI has way too much say in how cricket is run and when it is played. The minute players are looking to rest from a Test series because they are tired from a recently completed IPL season, alarm bells should be ringing for those with the games best interests at heart.

Unfortunately, the ICC remind me all too much of another corrupt, money-loving, worldwide sporting organisation :whistle:

This.

Australia played Pakistan over here a few years ago and no fucker turned up! Might put others off for a while.

Was thinking more of the Windies and Pakistan, maybe even New Zealand or Sri Lanka.

Clever marketing, sensible ticketing prices and use venues like the Oval and Edgbaston and they'd make a shed load more money than a series at home.

Guest Pistonbroke

NZ going along nicely, if they don't lose wickets soon they are on for a very competitive score.

Just after i finished Dananajay (sp) gets a wicket. From nowhere to partnership breaker, never heard of the lad.

Guest Pistonbroke
Good shout that. Can see Gayle absolutely fucking destroying our bowling attack.

Three overs ago NZ were 2.25 to win and Gayle to be only the Windies top scorer at 2.75...got on that double with 20 bucks.

Guest Pistonbroke
I've actually just been checking Sri Lanka's current price. 5/1. Slinging a tenner on that.

62 off 5 overs!!

SL problem is that a shit performance is always on the horizon.