You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

I couldn't deal with someone else's shit.

Having to do stuff I don't want to,going out when I don't want to etc.

Far to selfish with my time

The simple answer is you're in the wrong relationship, the right partner would never make you do anything you didn't want to, I've had some fucking tragic relationships, absolute misery, but the one I'm in now just couldn't be better. At no point have I ever felt like I'm forced into doing something I didn't want to or was askd to be anything but myself. The right relationship will far surpass the merits of being single in every single regard.

The simple answer is you're in the wrong relationship' date=' the right partner would never make you do anything you didn't want to, I've had some fucking tragic relationships, absolute misery, but the one I'm in now just couldn't be better. At no point have I ever felt like I'm forced into doing something I didn't want to or was askd to be anything but myself. The right relationship will far surpass the merits of being single in every single regard.[/quote']

Did you have a say in the curtains though?

Fuck me, I will cheer you all up, and decide your life is good after all.

Was engaged to be married to a girl who was 10 years younger than me, (she was 21 i was 31), but found she had a secret abortion, so she got dumped, needless to say she wasn't happy with that decision but failed to see why I was pissed off.

Met new one, had wonderful son, who took my daughter in as her own. Broke up after she decided to "chat"" to a 72 year old bloke and want him for his money... She turned kids against me, accusing me of allsorts , luckily it got sorted with kids, though she is using them as a weapon to hurt me.

Only regret is not getting with a woman now who is a great friend, but as I was moving area, I decided not to pursue it, but now regret not doing.

Life is complicated so decided to just shag anything moving in Skegness

• 2 weeks later...

Just read a woman's profile on a dating site. She claims to have "an eclectic taste in music" then goes on to list Simply Red, Meatloaf, Adele, Coldplay, Rolling Stones, and Phil Collins.

Very tempted to email her the definition of 'eclectic'.

Just read a woman's profile on a dating site. She claims to have "an eclectic taste in music" then goes on to list Simply Red, Meatloaf, Adele, Coldplay, Rolling Stones, and Phil Collins.

Very tempted to email her the definition of 'eclectic'.

Eclectic?....eclectically shit more like.

Let me guess, dies she like going out but is just as happy at home with a glass of wine and a DVD? And is she perchance very happy in her chosen career?

Likes long walks with good company. Travelling (meaning holidays).

Happy being single, but looking for someone special - I'm on here to let all the younger blokes stroke my ego.

Children:

Undecided/open - I want kids, but don't want to scare you off.

Want kids - I want kids, but I'll be 42 by the time I settle for someone achievable while chatting to lots of younger men.

Prefer not to say - I don't want kids. I've already got them and don't want to put I don't want them because I want the ones I've got.

Don't want them - I've already got kids with 4 different Dad's and don't want anymore. Or I've never wanted kids and there's no reason to have a bloke other than to massage my ego.

First date:

For the man to decide, this'll be the first test - I'm still deluding myself that I'll attract someone nice and normal.

You tell me - I've got no imagination, but will complain about every idea you come up with until I get bored and move onto the next man.

A coffee - I'm not really committed to dating. If I don't hit it off with you instantly I'll return to my cat and chickens.

Happy being single, but looking for someone special - I'm on here to let all the younger blokes stroke my ego.

Children:

Want kids - I want kids, but I'll be 42 by the time I settle for someone achievable while chatting to lots of younger men.

Prefer not to say - I don't want kids. I've already got them and don't want to put I don't want them because I want the ones I've got.

Don't want them - I've already got kids with 4 different Dad's and don't want anymore. Or I've never wanted kids and there's no reason to have a bloke other than to massage my ego.

First date:

For the man to decide, this'll be the first test - I'm still deluding myself that I'll attract someone nice and normal.

You tell me - I've got no imagination, but will complain about every idea you come up with until I get bored and move onto the next man.

A coffee - I'm not really committed to dating. If I don't hit it off with you instantly I'll return to my cat and chickens.

Me in 5 years time.

Children:

First date:

That's the most sensible post you've ever made on here.

Well I made it to three dates this time. I'd paid for everything each time so thought she may actually like me. It's the ex magician's assistant.

I suspected she wasn't all there at the second date when I told her a joke. She didn't laugh, but said it was funny.

She got some results for a module on her degree and had done well. She wanted to go out and celebrate with me. I assumed I was doing well and that at the very least she considered me relationship material. She chose the restaurant she wanted to go to and parked at mine (got me in trouble with the neighbour's for parking so the gates stayed open all night).

We had drinks at a bar. I was aware she was looking at other blokes whenever she thought she was getting away with it. She had been constantly logging on to POF for ages at a time without replying to a text I'd have sent her hours ago.

We walked to the restaurant. We ordered the food and got on quite well. I asked her if she wanted to meet again and maybe do something different instead of just eating food. She agreed.

A little while later I asked her where it was going. She looked shocked and was defensive. She said she was just getting to know me and didn't know.

In the late afternoon the following day she sent me a text to say she thought we wanted different things and that she'd never be more than just friends with me. She'd been on POF all day again and claimed she'd been ill in bed.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking I'm glad I asked the freeloader what was going on as it could have gone on forever until she'd lined some other mug up.

One woman's perspective is that I probably rushed her. Other's thought I was right to find out and that she was a nutter.

From the sounds of it the last two dates she had thought the same as well as her ex.

What sort of woman thinks a bloke who's a friend pays for every date?

Fuck me she was dull, but had nice tits by the looks of it.

Well I made it to three dates this time. I'd paid for everything each time so thought she may actually like me. It's the ex magician's assistant.

I suspected she wasn't all there at the second date when I told her a joke. She didn't laugh, but said it was funny.

She got some results for a module on her degree and had done well. She wanted to go out and celebrate with me. I assumed I was doing well and that at the very least she considered me relationship material. She chose the restaurant she wanted to go to and parked at mine (got me in trouble with the neighbour's for parking so the gates stayed open all night).

We had drinks at a bar. I was aware she was looking at other blokes whenever she thought she was getting away with it. She had been constantly logging on to POF for ages at a time without replying to a text I'd have sent her hours ago.

We walked to the restaurant. We ordered the food and got on quite well. I asked her if she wanted to meet again and maybe do something different instead of just eating food. She agreed.

A little while later I asked her where it was going. She looked shocked and was defensive. She said she was just getting to know me and didn't know.

In the late afternoon the following day she sent me a text to say she thought we wanted different things and that she'd never be more than just friends with me. She'd been on POF all day again and claimed she'd been ill in bed.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking I'm glad I asked the freeloader what was going on as it could have gone on forever until she'd lined some other mug up.

One woman's perspective is that I probably rushed her. Other's thought I was right to find out and that she was a nutter.

From the sounds of it the last two dates she had thought the same as well as her ex.

What sort of woman thinks a bloke who's a friend pays for every date?

Fuck me she was dull, but had nice tits by the looks of it.

Your more insane than you think

Why are you watching her on pof, knowing she is there and not replying to you?! Thats stalker behaviour right there BigBak.

If she isnt replying, why are you forcing it by taking her out and paying for stuff?

Online girls will always check out other guys, its part of it and you have to accept its going to heppen. Everyone is keeping they're options open for the multi millionaire with perfect looks.

If you ever have to ask a women "where do we stand.....whats going on" then your already losing and she isnt interested. But you should already be aware of this and you should never need to ask.

Epic failure and leather gloves, that won't leave finger prints, are heading your way very soon. unless you change tact.

What about taking the girl out but making sure you have a good time, instead of constantly worrying about them? If you both have a great night, she is one you will get along with, try harder.

If she hated it, oh well fuck her, atleast you had a good night. Move on.

Simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest ShoePiss
I asked her if she wanted to meet again

Don't do this again

A little while later I asked her where it was going.

Or this

You were on a second date with her and came across as desperate, sorry mate but that's how it looks from what you've described.

Instead of asking if she wants to see you again mid-date just text her the next day or later in the evening if it's an early date saying you enjoyed it and would like to see her again , never ask where it's going as it just sounds a bit pathetic.