You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I’m struggling to see how this calms down, Trump isn’t going to back down. The protesters are angry, they want something done I can’t see them just tiring and going home any time soon. So it either goes on and on or the cop at the Center of all this could be Epsteined to take away some anger.

Just now, JagSquared said:

I’m struggling to see how this calms down, Trump isn’t going to back down. The protesters are angry, they want something done I can’t see them just tiring and going home any time soon. So it either goes on and on or the cop at the Center of all this could be Epsteined to take away some anger.

Or Epstein Trump who definitely got Epstein Epstiened 

• Upvote 1

It's astonishing that a country founded on rebellion is filled with people so deferential to authority. Usually despots have secret police, state organs of terror to keep people in line, but in the states it's just fear of losing your job. It's not even that he's doing and saying cuntish things, he's clearly mentally ill or in a state of late stage dementia. He talks about people drinking bleach on presidential addresses and nobody says anything because they want to keep their job. He could walk in, start pissing on the oval office carpet, shout "let's go to Mars!" Then go to bed and eat cheeseburgers and people would just say "thank you mr president".

Astonishing and cowardly.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's astonishing that a country founded on rebellion is filled with people so deferential to authority. Usually despots have secret police, state organs of terror to keep people in line, but in the states it's just fear of losing your job. It's not even that he's doing and saying cuntish things, he's clearly mentally ill or in a state of late stage dementia. He talks about people drinking bleach on presidential addresses and nobody says anything because they want to keep their job. He could walk in, start pissing on the oval office carpet, shout "let's go to Mars!" Then go to bed and eat cheeseburgers and people would just say "thank you mr president".

Astonishing and cowardly.

It's the human condition, isn't it?

How many times have we told a cunt of a boss - I've had plenty - to get fucked?

I should have, several times a year - never mind hardly ever.

It's a romantic notion, but it rarely happens. 

Politicians even less - and besides, their disobedience is normally done with a knife to the back.

Yep, most people want to keep their jobs.

Little do they know - well, actually they probably do - there is NO job security ever, and they'd be just as well off saying "get fucked".

32 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Don't count on it. Outside our echo chambers the Trumpers are wanking themselves silly at how great Donny has handled these pesky lefties.

What it does, I think, is to reinforce his diehards whilst alienating a lot of the moderates and even a lot of the evangelicals who were sold on the 'he's not your standard politician' bollocks. I can't see him winning an election by standard methods. Well, he lost the fuckin' popular vote last time even with all the dodgy shit. I called the last election wrong as I just couldn't see Trump winning, but I REALLY can't see him keeping it. 

So, as you say, deffo another term.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, skaro said:

I can't see him winning it either, BUT I'm not the American electorate.

The people smashing windows, setting fire to buildings and stealing TVs will vote for him, won't they - people like that don't vote for Democrat decency, do they?

You know what gets me... the best they can do to run against him is Joe Biden. Creepy uncle Joe Biden. Where has he been on all of this? He should be in a retirement home, not in a two way shoot out between The Mummy and the guy from the fucking Tango adverts. 

Fucking unreal. Then there's Boris the buffoon. Fucking hell, there's the best part of half a billion people between the two countries, and the best we can come up with is Boris and Donald. It's so ridiculous that I almost don't give a fuck anymore. Between that and the fact that my vote doesn't actually count and other than one or two times, it never has, I'm on the edge of just giving up and letting them win. Well, they already won. Letting them extend their win. It must be how City feel this season. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You know what gets me... the best they can do to run against him is Joe Biden. Creepy uncle Joe Biden. Where has he been on all of this? He should be in a retirement home, not in a two way shoot out between The Mummy and the guy from the fucking Tango adverts. 

Fucking unreal. Then there's Boris the buffoon. Fucking hell, there's the best part of half a billion people between the two countries, and the best we can come up with is Boris and Donald. It's so ridiculous that I almost don't give a fuck anymore. Between that and the fact that my vote doesn't actually count and other than one or two times, it never has, I'm on the edge of just giving up and letting them win. Well, they already won. Letting them extend their win. It must be how City feel this season. 

That's been my problem, as the years go on... the lack of decent talent in opposition - and I mean opposition that actually does something other than just oppose, attack and basically resort to the self-same argumentum ad hominem as the incumbents. The lack of potent alternatives, real talent, people that are above the shit that goes on in the swamp - is a big part of the problem, rather than the solution.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Michael Moore reckons he still might not be the Dem candidate.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/05/after-predicting-2016-michael-moore-fears-trump-will-mess-with-2020

He reckons it's all up in the air at the moment and they never really wanted him anyway, just that he seemed to be resonating with some of the Dem states they lost to Trump. 

He reckons Cuomo could be an outside bet or the California governor Gavin Newsom. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skaro said:

It's the human condition, isn't it?

How many times have we told a cunt of a boss - I've had plenty - to get fucked?

I should have, several times a year - never mind hardly ever.

It's a romantic notion, but it rarely happens. 

Politicians even less - and besides, their disobedience is normally done with a knife to the back.

Yep, most people want to keep their jobs.

Little do they know - well, actually they probably do - there is NO job security ever, and they'd be just as well off saying "get fucked".

I agree but I'd like to think there's a limit to what most of us would put up with to keep our jobs though, and not even our jobs but our status. For that health chief to stand there while he advocated injecting bleach for instance, if sh'ed have stood up and said 'that's a really bad idea, don't do it', what's the worst that they could have done to her? Just kicked her off the team? She still would have kept her day job, in fact the likes of Harvard and shit would have been fighting over her for her celebrity status on the lecture circuit. 

That Navy doctor who gave him his medical too, and then came out and basically spoke as though Trump had actually put the words in his mouth. 'The presidents' mental health is beautiful, he's got what I'd say is, probably the best mental health out of just about anybody, believe me.' 

It's cringeworthy and astonishing in equal measure. 

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Biden has been out in the streets. 

Not saying he is perfect but he has a very strong backing from the black vote. They are one of the reasons he won. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Biden has been out in the streets. 

Not saying he is perfect but he has a very strong backing from the black vote. They are one of the reasons he won. 

What was his response last night to Trump’s ridiculous actions yesterday? I haven’t caught up this morning. 

I take the same approach to Trump as I do to the mancs, anyone but him really is fine by me. Trump is a floundering Gary Pallister and Biden is Overmars putting one through his legs and you best BELIEVE I'm gonna be up cheering. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I agree but I'd like to think there's a limit to what most of us would put up with to keep our jobs though, and not even our jobs but our status. For that health chief to stand there while he advocated injecting bleach for instance, if sh'ed have stood up and said 'that's a really bad idea, don't do it', what's the worst that they could have done to her? Just kicked her off the team? She still would have kept her day job, in fact the likes of Harvard and shit would have been fighting over her for her celebrity status on the lecture circuit. 

Yep, highly likely - if Greta Thunberg can get a place on a TV medical panel discussing covid, Trump's health chief would have been a shoe-in.

If only people knew how many doors telling the odd "important" person to fuck off can open.

I must try it some time.