You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Most promising young English goal keeper is like being considered the best looking leper on the island.

Not just the most promising English goalkeeper; the most promising English goalkeeper IN FOOTBALL.

Not just the most promising English goalkeeper; the most promising English goalkeeper IN FOOTBALL.

We've had a couple of those before, in Kirkland and Carson. Indeed, Kirkland was also signed for a record fee for an English goalkeeper, and he'd also just left a newly-relegated side.

I reckon the Lukaku deal will be almost impossible to calculate in the end due to Rooney being involved.

If you figure that he's on 300k/week, that's roughly £15m/year. Let's be generous and say he'd get 80k/week (£4m/year) on the open market. Not purely for footballing ability, but add in the marketing aspect and the current crazy market and I think somebody would pay that.

So Rooney is overpaid by £11m/year. And I think he has two years left on this deal? So Everton have to overpay him by £22m more than they'd pay him at market rate. Maybe £20m if their negotiators aren't very good.

So, since none of the parties involved are going to want to admit these facts publicly, they'll be working on a way to fold it all into the Lukaku deal. So if the agreed price was £75m, they will tack on £20m. That lets Everton claim a £95m price for their fans: win for them. It lets United hide the massive payoff (somewhere around £20m) to Rooney: win for them (and their fans won't blink at an extra £20m on the reported fee, some of them will actually think it's a good thing and sign of their continued financial muscle etc.). And Rooney gets to pretend that he's coming back to his hometown club as a returning hero rather than a castoff who was transferred back as part of some accounting games: win for him.

My head is about to fall off after reading this, we've missed out big time not going for Keane, Klaasen etc. The tide, its turning. The giant is waking from its slumber. Even Carra is bricking it.

Cork Evertonian

Cork Evertonian

Player Valuation: £500k

New

Carraghers litte dig at us on twitter was hilarious.We signed the most promising young English goal keeper in football in Jordan Pickford, we signed Davy Klassen Ajax's driving force and captain and a promising centre back in Michael Keane.Sure he didn't make the grade at Manchester United (a club that has won a lot more major honours than our red neighbors!) but there's no shame in that.We signed a player who came through the Barcelona academy in Sandro Ramirez.This fella had a great season for Malaga and La Liga is a very strong league.Then there's another promising talent in Henry Onekuru who we loaned out to Anderlecht.Liverpool supporters would love to have these players but their ours.Carraghers little snide remark just smacks of sour grapes and bitterness.They are the words of a man who is worried and who see Everton as a real threat to Liverpool.Well you certainly do have good reason to be worried Carra.After 30 years a sleeping giant is finally starting to awake from it's slumber.

Cork Evertonian, Today at 1:47 AM Report#98799Like+ QuoteReply

Badge1878, Gwladysstreetlad, wilfjacko and 2 others like this.

Sour grapes and bitterness.

Sounds like the drinks menu at the Bloos end of season/christmas party.

absolutely absurd statement. have you actually watched this lad? Seriously he makes Mig look like the most assured keeper in the world when he comes for crosses.

Yes I have watched him.

He's comfortably the better keeper and will just get better. He can also kick a ball.

Looks like they're in for Sigurdsson now, think they've had a great transfer window so far to be honest, we're certainly in no position to be laughing at them.

I agree we seem to be buzzing of them to hide the fact we have done fuck all apart from linking ourselves with top players without the attention of buying them.

I agree we seem to be buzzing of them to hide the fact we have done fuck all apart from linking ourselves with top players without the attention of buying them.

I don’t think the window has closed yet, although judging from the hysteria I could be wrong.

No it's still open but we have previous form in transfer windows the hysteria is justified.

So you're justifying hysteria based on previous windows, right. No chance of actually waiting to see what happens? I mean I can understand concerns, anxiety and all that. But the bitters are frankly embarrassing at the moment, it makes me cringe. Another first for them, they signed some players. I get it, they have had nothing to cheer about for 22 years and when they usually crow it's short lived as they get beaten the week after. The closed season is the only time they can comfortably crow without that.

But our hysteria is as cringeworthy, it's shocking how retarded it is. I'll be standing right next to you with a pitchfork should our transfer window be as bad as other years, have a little faith and see what happens first.

The bitters have sold their best player, the player that had most potential and to the mancs. It's a repeat of what they did with Rooney and they're too stupid to see it. They've bought some players that if we had purchased them there would be hysteria, they're mainly pretty average.

I can't see Everton finishing in the Europa cup places this coming season, I may have a sneaky bet on them going down. Ronald has a pretty shit record when you really look at it, he does well initially with the players he has when he gets to a club and then the rot sets in later. 

• Upvote 2

So you're justifying hysteria based on previous windows, right. No chance of actually waiting to see what happens? I mean I can understand concerns, anxiety and all that. But the bitters are frankly embarrassing at the moment, it makes me cringe. Another first for them, they signed some players. I get it, they have had nothing to cheer about for 22 years and when they usually crow it's short lived as they get beaten the week after. The closed season is the only time they can comfortably crow without that.

But our hysteria is as cringeworthy, it's shocking how retarded it is. I'll be standing right next to you with a pitchfork should our transfer window be as bad as other years, have a little faith and see what happens first.

The bitters have sold their best player, the player that had most potential and to the mancs. It's a repeat of what they did with Rooney and they're too stupid to see it. They've bought some players that if we had purchased them there would be hysteria, they're mainly pretty average.

I can't see Everton finishing in the Europa cup places this coming season, I may have a sneaky bet on them going down. Ronald has a pretty shit record when you really look at it, he does well initially with the players he has when he gets to a club and then the rot sets in later.

Yes you're right hysteria isn't the right word but concerned we should be.

You'll have to excuse me just got up and I am not a morning person on my second coffee now should be alright in an hour.

I think they will just be very solid and workmanlike. They will have a good run when they play some shit teams at home in succession, get ahead of themselves then get brought back to earth. Also think they will have serious psychological problems if they don't win a derby soon. I like the fact that they call Liverpool fans whoppers and embarrassing when their antics are on another level.

Sigurdsson would be a good signing for them as he is good at free kicks and could turn the odd draw into a victory. Don't really know much else about the players they've bought so can't comment.

As long as we get our shit together and sign some players who will make a difference to our first team I won't be panicking.

How funny would it be to go ten years against them unbeaten. When they do win one it will be like Istanbul for them.