You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

29 minutes ago, No2 said:

Listening to the Monday night club earlier and they said Everton have the first purpose built women's football stadium. If they stopped googling firsts and concentrated on football they might not be so shit.

Aren’t they playing their home games on Walton Hall Park?

Enjoy: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64377749

Highlights:

The 44-year-old's win ratio was a dismal 23.68%, winning only nine of his 38 league matches in charge.....

Lampard has failed to deliver an upturn and Saturday's 2-0 loss at fellow strugglers West Ham United, which left Everton 19th in the table with only three wins from 20 matches, brought the inevitable sacking.....

Lampard has failed to get results, the most valuable currency in football. No-one can make a serious case to suggest Everton were showing signs of improvement......

Neal Maupay, unwanted at Brighton and who has scored only one goal since his arrival.....

Dwight McNeil was signed from Burnley for £20m with eyes on providing service for Calvert-Lewin but while he has fleetingly shown quality, he has quickly become a peripheral figure.....

Amadou Onana, the 21-year-old Belgium midfielder signed from Lille for £33m, is raw, while the returning Idrissa Gueye has looked a shadow of the player who left Everton for Paris St. Germain.....

In Thelwell, Everton are also on their third director of football to be appointed on Moshiri's watch, after Steve Walsh and Marcel Brands, while the club have spent more than £500m to make the team considerably worse than it was when their owner bought into the club in February 2016.

smile-laughing.gif

Belters from article in Guardian:

"The real problem is simply that Moshiri and his board are extremely bad at running a football club. Incoherent ambition has been the key flaw. Here is a club that has somehow managed to run out of gas while operating in the most jazzed and hyped and cash-drenched sporting league ever devised, a collapse that has its roots in four years of laughably scattergun spending"......

"Looking back now at the ins and outs is like scanning the accounting statement of some disastrously collapsed Wall Street bank, assets burned on the doomed hedonism of high-priced squad filler. A hundred million on Cenk Tosun, Nikola Vlasic, Theo Walcott and Davy Klaassen. Ninety more on Moise Kean, Fabian Delph, André Gomes and Jean-Philippe Gbamin".....

Brilliant - just superb comedy.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Listening to the Monday night club earlier and they said Everton have the first purpose built women's football stadium. If they stopped googling firsts and concentrated on football they might not be so shit.

Mrs O'T was there on Sunday.

"Stadium" is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.  It's basically a Sunday league pitch with a stand that holds 800. It doesn't even have its own changing facilities for the players.

Remember those boss threads we had for a few seasons where someone (I want to remember the name of but the name I think I can remember doesn’t show up when I try and @ them)

went to painstaking effort to track what we needed points wise to achieve our ambitions for champions league spots and an ultimate league title against a bunch of different statistical barometers and whether we were up, down or even against them?

I loved them. They were boss.

well, GOT have started their own, and I reckon it could be just as much fun

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/there-are-lies-damn-lies-and-statistics.116927/

0B7E4B4A-E003-4314-B1BB-6986A2AAF28F.png

E15185EE-8EC4-4D48-9415-6904EFAB8D79.png

9C343A96-E951-491E-A64D-0A94F484848A.png

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Remember those boss threads we had for a few seasons where someone (I want to remember the name of but the name I think I can remember doesn’t show up when I try and @ them)

went to painstaking effort to track what we needed points wise to achieve our ambitions for champions league spots and an ultimate league title against a bunch of different statistical barometers and whether we were up, down or even against them?

I loved them. They were boss.

well, GOT have started their own, and I reckon it could be just as much fun

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/there-are-lies-damn-lies-and-statistics.116927/

0B7E4B4A-E003-4314-B1BB-6986A2AAF28F.png

E15185EE-8EC4-4D48-9415-6904EFAB8D79.png

9C343A96-E951-491E-A64D-0A94F484848A.png

@The Woolster

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Narrow defeat to arsenal, new manager bounce draw with us. They finish 17th

48 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

I really think they stay up. I did some conservative points tallying whilst bored last night, and had them finishing on 39 points. 

It'd be great if Liverpool fans could be this optimistic about the rest of Liverpool's season.

• Upvote 2